Team To Beat!!

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

MK Eagle

Bencher
Interesting to see Alexanders claim the Seaeagles are the team to beat.
Must confess I agree with the call & for once, also his reasoning.
The Seaeagles have had a massively disrupted start in 2012 & shown even at half mast there is plenty of potential to find extra gears.
The lift in attitude & intensity against a form Bulldogs team without T Rex, Foz & with numerous players just back reinforced the teams hunger to compete when it counts.
Who are the teams shaping as problem value for B2B titles.
To me theres only Storm who are 5-10% better than 2011
Brisbane who are young, strong & keen but lack some direction imo.
Sharks who play an 80 min grind led by that freak Gallen
Tigers /NZ - still think 1 of these will emerge at the home straight.
Hot & Cold Cows who rely too much on JT/Bowen, though T Sims & Taumoulo are guns.

Whoever Manly is playing in the GF is the only Team Manly needs to beat that day:p

Dean Young also marked Manly as the Team to beat.
Although, it will be interesting to see how the new finals format impacts on the Teams finishing in the 8.

We know Manly won't be allowed a home final at Brookie.
But every other Team will have the advantage of their local Supporters:mad:

In retrospect, maybe thats why Manly perform so well in GFs under the NRL :idea:

Yeah i read that article and even without the maroon and white glasses on history says we will be the team to beat come finals team if we have little injuries. Storm and Broncos will fade at the back end of the season while we will kick it up a gear. Our biggest threat will be playing St george in a finals knockout game, they simply have the wood on us.

We won't truly know until we get all our players back, and we come up against the Storm. It's a cliche but comps are not won in the early months. You must be close to injury-free come September. That's where Melbourne could falter.
If you'll recall, Illawarra were certainties half way through last season, and we were only just starting to register on that well known radar.
I have tipped Brisbane to win the minor premiership since the pre-season, but us to win the comp. I have no reason to change just yet.

The storm may be the front runners, but will be found out come finals time, their depth isnt there, if they lose any of their salary cap beaters, dirty smith, gronk, and slide tackle slater, they will probably not even make the four.

Brisbane, will go very close this year, they have some good young depth, you have to admire how well they are going.

The eagles will be there again pushing for another GF spot. T-Rex foz to come back, I cant wait to see them string some good wins together.

On a final note I hope toovs picks Georgie, I love watching him.

The Who said:
We won't truly know until we get all our players back, and we come up against the Storm. It's a cliche but comps are not won in the early months. You must be close to injury-free come September. That's where Melbourne could falter.
If you'll recall, Illawarra were certainties half way through last season, and we were only just starting to register on that well known radar.
I have tipped Brisbane to win the minor premiership since the pre-season, but us to win the comp. I have no reason to change just yet.

I was tipping Brisbane to come second before the comp started- was very impressed with them in the preliminary final. They appear to have a evenly balanced squad whereby they will be able to handle injuries and suspensions. Melbourne on the other hand, although they appear to be an improved team, still are heavily dependent on their big three to remain injury-free. Out of the others, the Sharkies may make the top four but nothing more, while the team that could do damage if they got all gears to click on the day are Souffs- a lot better since Maguire took over and without the consistent inconsistency of Sandow.

Oh yes another WCC tour.....and by the way if that happens, sell your house, your girl friend, your car whatever to get enough money to come along.....as it may be a long time before it happens again!!

I agree with Torana. The Dragons will be a biggest hurdle if we meet them in the Semi's. They know how to beat us. Make for a great GF if you could write the script.

Oneyeagle said:
I agree with Torana. The Dragons will be a biggest hurdle if we meet them in the Semi's. They know how to beat us. Make for a great GF if you could write the script.

With a full strength team on a neutral ground (and without referees awarding them tries for bouncing the effen ball over the tryline) I don't fear them at all. They are not the same team that they were early last year or in 2010.

The only team thats can win this year, imo

Manly
Broncos
Storm
Saints

For me at this very early stage is Manly and Broncos GF

HappilyManly said:
Whoever Manly is playing in the GF is the only Team Manly needs to beat that day:p

Dean Young also marked Manly as the Team to beat.
Although, it will be interesting to see how the new finals format impacts on the Teams finishing in the 8.

We know Manly won't be allowed a home final at Brookie.
But every other Team will have the advantage of their local Supporters:mad:

In retrospect, maybe thats why Manly perform so well in GFs under the NRL :idea:

If the Sharks finish top 4 they'll have to play at SFS as well.

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6
6 3 3 -13 6