Team to change

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

byso

First Grader
Manly's new-look back row to tackle Tigers

29jun05
MANLY coach Des Hasler last night named his side to meet the Wests Tigers on Friday but gave no guarantee the selected side would take the field.

The Sea Eagles are already missing State of Origin duo Ben Kennedy and Steve Menzies and will be without Anthony Watmough (knee) for up to six weeks.

Centre Terry Hill (arm) and Jason King (foot) are in the squad to meet the Tigers but are no certainties to play, while fullback Brett Stewart is carrying a niggling groin injury.

Hasler has chosen Nathan Tutt, Sam Harris and Glenn Stewart in a new-look back-row.

Six players have been named on the bench for the Leichhardt Oval clash to cover any late drop outs.

``This is the squad as it stands but it could change by Friday,'' Hasler admitted.

``We've got to check on a couple of players before we make a decision on them.

``It's backs-to-the-wall stuff but the players we've brought in will do the job.''

Prop Brent Kite said the Sea Eagles have a point to prove after dropping games prior to Origins I and II.

``We haven't got a great record before Origin matches and that's something we'd like to put straight,'' he said.

Manly's squad is: Brett Stewart, Scott Donald, Terry Hill, Ashley Alberts, Chris Hicks, Michael Witt, Michael Monaghan (c), Mark Bryant, Chad Randall, Brent Kite, Nathan Tutt, Sam Harris, Glenn Stewart. Interchange: Kane Cleal, Shayne Dunley, Jason King, Kylie Leuluai, Phil Morwood, Steve Matai.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4