Template of what a TRUE SUPPORTER is...

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Ryan

Journey Man
I was driving out to Nth Epping from the lovely Northern Beaches in which I live. I was turning right onto Epping Road, from one of the back streets I was travelling to avoid the traffic. I flick the blinker on in my black Ford Territory, and wait...and wait, finally thinking "jeez, these lights are just plain painful, when are they going to change?". It was an overcast day. Quite cool really. As I dazed out to the horizon, lost in my thoughts, I see a small mass of maroon, but getting larger.....and larger, slowly coming toward me from the north.

Hmmmm I though...I wonder what that could be?

As the sight became clearer, I realised it was a flag of some sort. Must be some cheap advertising I second guessed. I would have to be close in thinking that this flag was at least 2 metres high by 3 metres long - and this guy was jogging with the blasted thing - holding it in one hand to boot, jogging, as in a leisurely 2-3 kilometre run to get fit !!!

As the gentleman in the flag began to cross Epping Rd, he stopped to an abrupt halt in the middle of it, turned to the right, and ran down the middle of the road, and what is called the median strip.

Oh how my heart filled with joy, when the flag caught gust of the wind, and opened up in a bloom to reveal a beautiful white Sea Eagle, wings seperated, in full flight. The guy running had absolute pride written across his face. Fully adorned with his battle armour (Members cap, 2006 Manly jersey, Manly shorts, and socks to match), he began his great march down the middle of Epping Road.

All I could do, was roll down my electric window, charge the horn, and at full voice scream, "Go those Mighty Eagles !!!!", and without a second thougt, and not even turning around to acknowledge myself, this masked Manly fan with his flag, looked to the heveans as he ran, clenched his right fist, and gave three solid thrusts towards the sky !!!!

All I could think about for the next hour or so, as I brimmed with pride myself for supporting this team, is "MANLY IS BACK BABY !!!!.

That, my fellow Manly supporters, is a true....blue.....Manly.....fan !!!!

[quote author=Ryan]
from the lovely Northern Beaches in which I live.

So you're one of these redneck heehawing westies that Dan has been babbling about for the past week?

[/quote]

Yup....that's me !!! ;)

Man I hate that picture of me and that 7 foot cheerleader !!! It curses me every time I see it !!!

[quote author=Ryan]
from the lovely Northern Beaches in which I live.

So you're one of these redneck heehawing westies that Dan has been babbling about for the past week?

[/quote]

Sorry - have to add....I'd MUCH rather live on the Beaches than in an area that is so utterly dominated by units. But that has nothing to do with the thread your referring to, as I think it relates to people...

As for the people being different from demographic to demographic, I'm sure you'd find nice people everywhere you go, and you'd find jerks everywhere you go.

Just maybe not up The Antler !!! 8| 8| 8|

If there was a feel good post of the year award that would be it. Beautiful Ryan, that brought a tear of joy to my eye!
GO MANLY!!!!!!!!

I don't think this is a coincendence. I was listening to the radio on the weekend about 6 weeks ago (I think it was Hadley on a Sat or Sun) and a caller rang in to say that he was driving down Epping Rd and he just saw a Manly supporter running down the median strip waving a big flag. I had a laugh to myself at the time. Must be the same bloke.

What a champion fruitcake!

Now this is the bit about footy supporters that i am unable to reconcile. Why do some supporters have to combine support for the team with corny rhetoric & masturbation. :roll:

Jatz :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

I mean just support the team, there is no need to show how many screws you are missing.

[quote author=Ryan]
That, my fellow Manly supporters, is a true....blue.....Manly.....fan !!!!
Great to see CW keeping fit in the soccer off season :lol:
[/quote]
Hi UP - not sure how you knew I own a house in Epping (though living at North Parra) but sadly it isn't me. There are many Manly supporters out here who are coming out of the closet (so to speak). Obviously not True Supporters but the 'beast' has awoken from the sleep and is starting to make some noise.

On one of Ryan's points about living on the beaches rather than in Units, does he go near Dee Why, Manly Vale, Manly, Fairlight etc (which last time I checked were on the Northern Beaches)? Fact of life is that near Railway lines and transport hubs there will always be this type of accommodation which doesn't reflect on the residents of the suburb. Don't tell Daniel this though as it might somehow blow his predjudiced theories apart and force him to face up to the fact that he isn't right in everything. :lol:

How does that change or disrepute my stance and point of view CW?

Quite clearly it just shows Ryan's holds no water and that the Northern Beaches is still just Liverpool with a beach

I wonder if he's a member of a supporters group ;)

Obviously a Rocker, now they are the best bunch of the real true suppporters that every clubs needs. Willing to think the players (club) are legends & should be first picked at Origin time even when 50 point floggins are common place. Happliy put up with poor perforamcne just because a player seems like a nice person. Willing to take on malcontents like Matabele even if they agree with his point of view just because he said some unkind words about Jye 3 seasons ago.

Now that is a true supporter. So Ryan you can run up & do a road with a flag but to be a true supporter you have to do more.

How does that change or disrepute my stance and point of view CW?

Quite clearly it just shows Ryan's holds no water and that the Northern Beaches is still just Liverpool with a beach

I own a 3 bedroom dump on a sizeable, but terraced yard, and the place is worth in the vicinity of $750k. How much does an equal property cost in Liverpool Dan? I somehow think that theory is flawed...as it obviously shows it's NOT just Liverpool with a beach.

My stance is stated as fact. "My suburb" is 95% torrens title free standing houses. Mosman etc are 95% Strata Plan properties.

CW - I know you just try and refute my argument for the point of refuting it. If you looked at the area mass of Palm Beach through to say Frenchs Forest compared to that of say Manly through to Milson's Point, you'd HAVE to agree that human density is more congested towards the City, which means you get a greater populace mass in those areas (closer to the train lines as you say), meaning you would get a greater diversity of person.

But my point wasn't about that, and didn't lend support to either side of the argument.

It suggested I personally think you get a mix of people in any area, and it would be each to their own on their preference of where to live. Dan likes the cafe's, and amenities near him...I like my suburban life...

I try an be open minded when choosing where to buy property. That said, I wouldn't move away from the beaches, because once one sells here, it is very difficult to afford to come back here again.

lol Ryan, it has naught to do with property or value ir has all to do with people, attitude, experience and pre-programming.

Have you seen the 7-up series (49-up is particularly telling in this area)

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4