TE'O CallS Weedler a Germ on the News

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Berkeley_Eagle

Current Status: 24/7 Manly Fan
Souths hard man Ben Te'o has had an angry run-in with Channel Nine sports reporter Danny Weidler, calling him "a germ" and telling the journalist to never speak to him.

Te'o was taking questions about his decision to the leave the Bunnies at the end of this season when he refused point blank to speak to Weidler.

"Nah, no questions from you," Te'o told Weidler during a press conference earlier today at Redfern Oval.

The forward followed his abrupt remark with several stern looks aimed directly at the Nine News League reporter.

When the media pack broke up Te'o turned to Weidler and said: "Surely you know not to come ask me any questions — don't ask me anything."

The forward turned away before warning Weidler again not to speak to him.

"When I'm there don't ask me nothing," the South Sydney player said, referring to the media scrum.

"You're a germ," the Bunnies' player said.

Te'o's gripe with Weidler stems from a Nine News report from last year in which the journalist aired allegations of assault made against the star forward.

South Sydney referred Ben Te'o to the NRL for being non-cooperative but Channel Nine did not make a complaint about the exchange.

http://wwos.ninemsn.com.au/article.aspx?id=8855173

manlyfan76 said:
Parra, Canberra, roosters. ....

Oh to the highest bidder I guess then.

Hope he goes to the Raiders...

Always thought he's over-rated and not just coz he's a QLDer. Some games you'd swear he wasn't even on the field.

Yeah that part I agree with (coz Weidler is a wanker).

At least he manned up there (coz that whole saga with the young woman beaten up wasn't good at all).

Let him go to Rugby too then.

That was the core of the issue.
Weidler took her at her word, but she is of the same ilk as the mob that defamed Snake :dodgy:

Teo is the one I notice in the Rabbids. His cover defence reads are great. His shoulder charge on SBW still makes me smile - and he wasn't charged :p

I'll take you're word for it there HM.

I admit I didn't follow that 100% , it just seemed unsavoury and appeared pretty dodgy (Someone clearly hit her).

Anyway, I'll agree to disagree on Teo's abilities.

He did a couple of good things in Origin 1; but he's another like Darius Boyd to me.

Big money, little output week to week.

Though Boyd's long-range cover tackle v the Warriors last week was great....His only effort for that game.

I thought it was great. What annoys me is 'journalists' (and I do use that term loosely) who can make accusations that are unsubstantiated and can ruin lives, and we all know if you throw enough mud some of it sticks, and then think nothing of what they have done. They don't retract or apologise, or if they do it's a pathetic one.

So good work Ben!

LOL. Weirdler the "journalist "...... Now there's a laugh.

Do you think his boyfriend SBW will defend his honour next time roosters meet the rabbits ?

I don't know, I just can't get over the thought of Gifty in Russell's red-and-green enough to praise Teo.

Lesser of two evils perhaps....Weidler worse than Teo...by a cat's whisker in this instance.

Now if he'd lost his cool and snotted Weidler, on camera, and then got suspended for the year, yeah I'd be happy with that!

Well, that gives 'worm-ler' something to blog/fill his columns with for the next week or so.

*dusts off victim card*

He was happy trying to look like a smug bugger and stand in front of t'eo so we all got a good look at him.

Sometimes I wonder why "journo's" don't actually ask some hard hitting questions....but then they may be scared that the person in question will ban them from conferences (no news, editor not happy.) It does happen, I think the pommy cricket team last ashes wouldn't let any aussies in one day.

If the player or team (or politician, rock star, etc) are being total wuss-bags I don't think it should be allowed, but too often these sports "journo's" just make things up week after week and it's appropriate they reap what they sew.

Weedler is happy to promote everyones attacks on him retweeting all on twitter. The guy seems to be enjoying seeing his name posted all over social media

Members online

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
5 4 1 23 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 14 8
7 4 3 -18 8
6 3 2 21 7
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6