terrible win

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Poola

Reserve Grader
How did we do this. We were terrible we didn't deserve to win this one.Now before everyone chops my head off, I realize we had players out, however, shoo,we really played clueless, without passion and desire bar the last 15 mins. My biggest disappointment tonight were the experienced players such as Snake. He must've had his worst game, with a lot of poor decisions by him. Thank the footy gods that our Captain is back soon as we needed direction tonight.
All said and done I'll take the win and looking forward to the boys coming back. It is wins like this that sets the trend for a great season though.

Does anyone actually realize that there is a defensive side to the game and that side of the game earned us the chance to steal that ?

Kiwi Eagle said:
Does anyone actually realize that there is a defensive side to the game and that side of the game earned us the chance to steal that ?

No. Nobody has ever heard of what you speak, but we have all heard about DCE and his shortcomings.

Great win.
To play that bad, be behind by 10 then win by 1 with 15 seconds to go.
Awesome!;)

Kiwi Eagle said:

KE, a team can play bad and still be decent defensively, it also helps when the Knights have Zero attack. There is no sugar coating it, we we terrible for 70 mins of that game. Im glad we got the two points and i look forward to Killer and Foz being back.

I am worried about snake he seems to have lost more pace. Not being too critical, pigs totally dominated. Choc on his own that was it. Tommy symonds he has to play more game time.

winnyason said:
I am worried about snake he seems to have lost more pace. Not being too critical, pigs totally dominated. Choc on his own that was it. Tommy symonds he has to play more game time.

I agree about Symonds having more game time.
Should take more minutes from Horo IMO.

Horo needs to play 50 min, have him rotate with tommy. He dints the line.
Front row I don't, being bashed. Too small. Starling trier but no sorry, we need a big bopper either Luaki or São. Do with blood jake t.

winnyason said:
Yeah, to me he looks bigger, thicker, heavier, like does he wanna become a 5/8th or back rower or something ? He needs to shed a 2-3 kilos.

Yes, Tom Symonds got pathetic game time.

The only thing that matters is that Manly never gave up ! :angel:

Why they were off their game is for the Coach to figure out.

I am just so happy to watch a 79:57 winning play unfold and to shout myself hoarse in appreciation :cool:

This was not a terrible, but a terrific win :heart:

the mauler said:
The Melbourne game last week took its toll.
We were very flat tonight.

This.

Footy players are ppl too, and the mental side is so, so important.

Getting UP for the Scum, and losing.
Being expected to win easy tonight....AND the Noughts would've spoken about it too, don't worry.

All that combined, and remember a lot of us were worried this would happen.

I wasn't prepared for just how BAD we were but as @HappilyManly said we've gotta' enjoy that last minute win...why else are we watching?

And, as I said in the Game Thread; I'm esp pleased for our fans at the game to be rewarded at least with a (ugly) exciting win!

We created some good opportunities in the first half just couldn't quite get the last passes to stick. Not all doom and gloom, a win's a win.

Pity DCE couldn't have pulled off that kick against the Scum first up this year.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
5 4 1 23 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 14 8
7 4 3 -18 8
6 3 2 21 7
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6