Terry Hill RIP

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
As much as I loved the video and enjoyed seeing TH in full flight, we need to see more of his big left fend and seeing big Tezza making his opposite look stupid. I may be biased but one Terry Hill will be remembered as one of the best centre 3/4s to ever lace a boot.

Last edited:

Annette Sharp: No tribute for ‘thug’ NRL player Terry Hill from his victims​

Tributes flowed for ex-NRL player Terry Hill following his death last week, but no one mentioned the incident that saw him branded a ‘thug’ by a magistrate, writes Annette Sharp.

Annette SharpAnnette Sharp

@InSharpRelief

less than 2 min read
May 4, 2024 - 5:00AM
The Saturday Telegraph

The tributes for retired rugby league player Terry Hill were unequivocally positive and generous following his death last week. But notably missing from the gushing tributes were any sentiments from his two ex-wives, Tracey Benson and Kristie Fulton, daughter of league legend Bob Fulton.
In a week in which violence against women has been a hot topic of discussion, this column feels compelled to recall Hill’s un-manly record.

In 1995, Hill was branded a “thug” by a magistrate who found him guilty of assaulting radio producer Anthony Twiss and schoolteacher Peter Krahe after the two men, upon seeing Hill pulling his first wife Benson’s hair during an argument outside the Woollahra Hotel, intervened.

Both men were rewarded by being knocked to the ground by one of league’s toughest players who was an acknowledged streetfighter (as were his father and grandfather before him) and battered with a series of kicks to the body.

All the while the men claimed Hill shouted: “She’s my f..king sheila. I’ll treat her any f..king way I want.”

Former NRL player Terry Hill with his wife Tracey Benson in 1998.

Former NRL player Terry Hill with his wife Tracey Benson in 1998.
Hill was selected for the 1994 Kangaroo Tour of England.

Hill was selected for the 1994 Kangaroo Tour of England.
Benson stood by the 23-year-old football player, her partner of six years, at the time, but they later separated.

Hill was fined a piffling $1000 and put on a $400 two-year good behaviour bond for his actions.

And the ARL showed its colours and commitment to penalising violent players of the code by overlooking the charges.

Instead of benching Hill, ARL chairman Ken Arthurson rewarded him by sending him on the 1994 Kangaroo Tour of England.

Classy stuff in the DT there, having a go at a dead man and taking a swipe at Arko while they’re at it.

Obviously, if true, Hill’s behaviour towards his partner all those years ago was unacceptable (even by the standards of those times).

I may be wrong, but my understanding is that he was never charged or convicted with any offence relating to violence against women. The magistrate found him guilty of assaulting the men, and presumably didn’t make any finding as to the allegation of hair pulling because it would have been irrelevant.

The article also implies that he was violent toward Kristie, and i am not aware of any evidence of that.

All in all, in my view it is appalling that they would write this about a dead man.

Won’t even bother with that muckraking

Was there anything done for Terry Hill at the game last night ? I’m suspecting not. If I’m correct, what a disgraceful effort from the club, the Tigers did a better job than us

While violence against women is definitely an issue, it’s unfortunately the latest in media virtue signalling right now.

Driving home from work on Tuesday & had the radio on when news of the 19 year old woman found dead in a Bondi unit came through. Her 32 year old partner was apparently arrested so Gus Worland jumped on it to further hammer home what we (as men) have to do to stop this problem.

Turns out the woman in question died of a suspected drug overdose & her partner was arrested on an outstanding warrant for something else, so that story quickly sank without trace in days following.

I like Gus & think he’s done a lot of great work in regards to men’s mental health so it was a shame to hear him knee jerk react to that story.

Anyway, I don’t think the above article is appropriate at this particular time, as it does insinuate he was physically abusive to both his first wife & Kristi Fulton.

The penalty he received for assaulting those 2 guys was no doubt lenient (even for the time) but possibly his prior record (clean, I assume) was taken into account & as far as I’m aware he was never in any more trouble for similar after that, was he?

He was physically abusive to his first partner at the very least.

Sure, he was a good player, but not an all time great. He was funny on the Footy Show and I cheered him when he scored that famous try vs Brisbane. The knowledge of his earlier behaviour was always there however.

We have had the muckraking claims, then the virtue signalling stuff. Put yourself in the shoes of women everywhere, who suffer at the hands of men.

When broadcaster Alan Jones dies, will you be calling for a respectable hiatus before the inevitable stories emerge/re-emerge about his record of despicable behaviour?

I doubt it.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
8 6 2 66 14
7 6 1 54 14
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
7 4 3 49 10
9 5 4 42 10
9 5 4 -14 10
7 3 4 17 8