Thank you Jamie Lyon ( Killer)

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

davohan123

First Grader
Premium Member
Tipping Member
With our season over now and this place down in the dumps I thought I would start this thread.

Just under 1.5 weeks time on August 27th 3:00 pm Jamie Lyon ( killer) will run out for the final time onto his beloved Brookvale oval.

I want to urge anyone on this site who can make it next Saturday afternoon to come down and send killer off via a grand stand send off which he deserves.

Also this thread I would like people over the coming week and a half to leave messages of thanks to our captain and leader, maybe share you favourite memory of his career and his time at manly or maybe you have a story about Jamie you would like to share.

Jamie for me I don't think we will see the likes of you for a very long time. You have shown nothing but class and passion for the manly jersey and have been such an asset to our club which we will be forever greatful for.

Thank you Jamie for never backing down when speaking to the refs - you know we as a club get the wrong of deal on so many calls and you are willing to fit for our club.

I want to wish you all the best post footy career and hope we can send you out a winner on August 27th as you deserve with eagle rock blasting around brookvale oval one last time as victors over the raiders.

Favourite recent memory: "It feels like you are trying to get them back in the game" to Perenara.

Hahahaha classic.

There are too many memories of this guy - he is a true Manly legend, and one of our best of all time. Was the missing ingredient to making this club great again in 2007.

Trust the muppets in charge will find someway to keep him around in some capacity.

With our season over now and this place down in the dumps I thought I would start this thread.

Just under 1.5 weeks time on August 27th 3:00 pm Jamie Lyon ( killer) will run out for the final time onto his beloved Brookvale oval.

I want to urge anyone on this site who can make it next Saturday afternoon to come down and send killer off via a grand stand send off which he deserves.

Also this thread I would like people over the coming week and a half to leave messages of thanks to our captain and leader, maybe share you favourite memory of his career and his time at manly or maybe you have a story about Jamie you would like to share.

Jamie for me I don't think we will see the likes of you for a very long time. You have shown nothing but class and passion for the manly jersey and have been such an asset to our club which we will be forever greatful for.

Thank you Jamie for never backing down when speaking to the refs - you know we as a club get the wrong of deal on so many calls and you are willing to fit for our club.

I want to wish you all the best post footy career and hope we can send you out a winner on August 27th as you deserve with eagle rock blasting around brookvale oval one last time as victors over the raiders.
Great thread and we'll said.
One of the greatest and most whole hearted Sea Eagles in our history.
Thanks Killer.

Favourite Lyon moment....his double against the squeels in his " Return to Eels Stadium " game.

What a career! Manly has been fortunate to have this bloke represent us for 10 years.
A champion, one of our best ever. Thanks Jamie, your deeds will be remembered and spoken about for a long, long time.

My fave ever player. Met him a few times. Man of few words :) never pussy foots about just says it as it is. All class and one of the most gifted players I've ever seen.
Thanks for the memories.

Past captains seem to have a track record of becoming coaches at Manly. I wouldn't be at all surprised if we don't see Killer back at the club in some capacity. Gunna miss ya champion.

We'll miss him more than I think we know. He has been the heart, the core of our team over the last 10 years. His experience, maturity, and staggering skills have led us to be the most successful team of the last 10 years.

I'll tell you what, he's not built like you would think a modern footballer is. He has just a normal frame, but he has excelled above those who were bigger and faster.

One of our greatest, no doubt. Don't know how you could keep him out of our best ever 17. Definitely one of our greatest captains ever.

We'll miss you heaps, Killa. We can't thank you enough for your peerless skills and your dedication to the Manly-Warringah Sea Eagles.

In 2011 after the Grand Final Jamie moved to my favourite all time player. His influence over the golden era of the last 10 years has been enormous, but to me his greatest achievement may be how he held the club together in the period around 14 to 16. Without his leadership I fear the club may have been flushed down the toilet, but he held firm.

I've met him once, and a nicer guy you couldn't meet. I got him to sign a photo of him and my son (they met at an origin camp years earlier) and when I told him my son thought he was his best mate he had a laugh, when I went to leave a while later and said goodbye he went out of his way to make sure I told my boy that he said hello.

He bought premierships to the club, but above all he instilled that old feeling that we were always a chance to win a premiership. With Killer in the team we were always dangerous.

To bring up 1 memory of Killers career is very very tough, but it would have to be the way he turned the 2013 PF on its head with his rollicking of the boys. The way he inspired a comeback that at 14 nil looked impossible.

Jamie, a Manly Immortal.

Absolute champion. Can't wait to get to Brookie and show my appreciation in person.

image.jpg
Over the next week and a bit I will add some photos /videos I find online of killer.

I am not wanting to bump my own thread for personal gain just want people to continue to celebrate the career of our leader and champion Jamie Killer Lyon.

My favourite memory is the grin of pure happiness on his face after Beaver scored his 2008 GF try. One humble champion ruffling the hair of another humble champion.

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6
6 3 3 -13 6