Thanks Max, now it's time to go.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

gomanly

Reserve Grader
Dear Max,

Thankyou for the wonderful things you have DONE (not currently doing) in the past few seasons in keeping the team alive and helping us to rebuild. It is now time to pack up your ego, political bull****, pathetic minions and please leave the club.
I have no doubt your previuos actions saved us from extinction and we are all greatful. But what you are doing now is sending us back to the dirty old days we would rather forget.
Max Delmege, you will be remembered as the best, and even more so, the worst thing to happen to this club, please leave.

starting to think the same now
I was so glad when he saved us, but now it seems that all the leaks to the media and infighting are close to Max.

Time to go play with the fishes. ;)

They need something after this mornings (UK) effort or lack of it. Dragons didn't even get out of 3rd gear & still outplayed a very poor team.

yeah i agree. I hate to say it.. Max... time to go mate. Our team finally starting to click.. and you bring out this ****. Get out mate.

maybe we as the fans should start threatening him back
If he continues with this ego driven crap
we turn the delmege name to mud

The Delmege name has gone from being a golden egg to a rotten egg through no fault of anyone but yourself Max, you tool.

I think it's plain that one of them - either Delmege or Penn - has to go. Two owners, two egos just doesn't work. Personally I don't care which one. But to my mind it was Penn who started all this bullS**t with his extraordinary hijacking of the Eco Hot Water press conference. He fired the first shots in public. Delmege may have carried on like a douche ever since, but Penn hasn't been too far behind.

Read the article below and answer the question:

"If Manly lose all sponsorship how will it be replaced, given the reason Penn first made an issue of this is Delmege could not afford a $200,000 back payment?"

WHAT must Manly's players be thinking? Just when they have won a few games and fans are feeling good about their football team, another off-field stoush threatens to drag everyone back down.

Manly is a club in revolt - and there are no attempts to hide it any longer.

And it is likely to cost them $5million if the fractured board sacks chief executive Grant Mayer at what will be a spiteful board meeting this week.

Major stakeholders and jersey sponsor Penn Sports yesterday told The Sunday Telegraph they would review their deal with the club if Mayer was axed by a faction led by Max Delmege.

And major sponsor Quantum Energy Technologies last night joined jumper sponsor Mack Trucks in claiming they, too, would consider withdrawing their money if Mayer goes.

Quantum's deal is worth $800,000 a season, Penn's sponsorship contract is valued at $250,000 a year - not including the money they inject as co-owners - while Mack Trucks tip in $300,000 a season.

Staff have also threatened to strike if Mayer leaves. It's hard to believe this club won last year's premiership and head to the Gold Coast today after back-to-back wins for the first time this season.

Mayer last night said he would not be pushed out and vowed to fulfil his contract, which runs until October 31.

In a dramatic day for Manly, it can be revealed:

Mayer was told to compile a comprehensive business plan six weeks ago but was informed he was unwanted six hours before he was due to present the paper at a May 14 board meeting;

Manly's board voted 5-2, led by the Delmege faction, to play two games at Gosford in 2010 and 2011, despite Mayer and the Penn family recommending all matches remain at Brookvale;

Mayer and officials Peter Peters (media manager) and Wayne Honeywood (financial controller) worked three months without pay in 2007 while the club stabilised its financial position.

Club chairman Scott Penn, whose company has given Manly $2.5million, was adamant Mayer's contract must be extended or the club's financial position could be parlous.

"We would have to review our future funding (if Mayer is dumped),'' Penn said.

"Grant was asked to present a three-year plan to ensure Manly's on-going success and he did a brilliant job. Those wanting him out have no alternate plan. Grant Mayer is the best in the business and the other stakeholders have not given one tangible reason why he should be let go. It is very difficult working in these circumstances. It is entirely political. On what grounds do they want him out?''

Quantum Energy managing director Phil Sidney was also shocked to hear about Mayer's likely demise. "We don't want to be at an unstable club. We have no political agenda, we just want stability and we certainly don't want any boardroom disputes,'' Sidney said.

"Grant and Des (Hasler, coach) have kept Manly afloat. If Grant goes, we would look at our sponsorship deal. Grant has a good business mind and we negotiated with him. He was one of the reasons we chose Manly. We haven't seen any brief or reason why Grant should do. I'm surprised there is talk about his job.''

A smaller sponsor, Reilly and Sons Food Services, were also deeply concerned.
Steve Reilly said: "It's got to stop otherwise the club will end up like Cronulla. It's a joke. The officials can't keep looking over their shoulders every day.''

Penn and Delmege have two votes each on the board, while the remaining three directors - Phil Dean, Kerry Sibraa and Peter Bryant - hold the balance of power despite injecting little or no money.

Manly Leagues Club chairman and football club president Bob Reilly has the support of Dean, Sibraa and Bryant and allegedly wants Mayer out.

The five directors think Mayer will quit this week - a date for a board meeting has not been set - but he will refuse as Manly's boardroom dramas continue to flame.

"The board want me to go and I was told as late as last week by Max Delmege that it is nothing personal, but I am a political casualty and nothing would save me,'' Mayer said.

"But I've got a wonderful staff and they have made it clear they don't want me to leave unfinished business.

"If they are willing to put their hands up and support me then I can't walk away. Scott Penn has been a rock with me in difficult times and he's urged me to continue. So I am staying until they can legally push me out the door.''

The thing is, I don't want to take sides. I don't want to put either man, Penn or Delmege, on a pedestal. They've both carried on like idiots and continue to do so. Whatever issues they have with each other, it should never have come to this. It's not smart, and it's certainly not good for "business".
Who owns the club shouldn't matter. The club's administration should operate independently of the owners, although Mayer has clearly aligned himself with Penn.
But really, I'm just sick of hearing about it, and I'm sick of having it impact on the players and their performances. So if they can't sort it out like men, one of them has to go.

"Mayer and officials Peter Peters (media manager) and Wayne Honeywood (financial controller) worked three months without pay in 2007 while the club stabilised its financial position."

This has what relevance ? I'm sure they got every cent that was due to them, and I'm equally sure they could all have survived 3 months without any income, it's not like they are on struggle street. Touching story though.

As for the big picture, I don't care who goes, but one of these two petulant school kids has to get out and let the club move on. At this stage I'm leaning towards Penn staying because he has Mayer in his corner (and hence the sponsors) and I get the impression that Max is struggling financially in the current climate, so I don't think his pockets are as deep as he would like everyone to think they are. I shouldn't be surprised by their carry on, you don't get anywhere in business these days without being a c*nt and you certainly don't survive and prosper in their industries without being a proper c*nt with a love of money over everything else. The more this goes on the less it seems that they are in it for the altruistic reasons they would have us believe.

Chip & Chase link said:
I get the impression that Max is struggling financially in the current climate, so I don't think his pockets are as deep as he would like everyone to think they are.

You would be 100% correct there. 

Chip & Chase link said:
As for the big picture, I don't care who goes, but one of these two petulant school kids has to get out and let the club move on.

Agreed, C&C. The one who walks away will be the one with Manly's best interests at heart.

Chip & Chase link said:
... At this stage I'm leaning towards Penn staying because he has Mayer in his corner (and hence the sponsors) and I get the impression that Max is struggling financially in the current climate, so I don't think his pockets are as deep as he would like everyone to think they are. I shouldn't be surprised by their carry on, you don't get anywhere in business these days without being a c*nt and you certainly don't survive and prosper in their industries without being a proper c*nt with a love of money over everything else. The more this goes on the less it seems that they are in it for the altruistic reasons they would have us believe.
True & true. Max's apparent hold over the footy club and leagues club nominees on the Sea Eagles board really does need some explanation. Anyone know their contact details?(or other footy club board members)

SeaEagleRock8 link said:
[quote author=Chip & Chase link=topic=180477.msg224236#msg224236 date=1243119633]

... At this stage I'm leaning towards Penn staying because he has Mayer in his corner (and hence the sponsors) and I get the impression that Max is struggling financially in the current climate, so I don't think his pockets are as deep as he would like everyone to think they are. I shouldn't be surprised by their carry on, you don't get anywhere in business these days without being a c*nt and you certainly don't survive and prosper in their industries without being a proper c*nt with a love of money over everything else. The more this goes on the less it seems that they are in it for the altruistic reasons they would have us believe.
True & true. Max's apparent hold over the footy club and leagues club nominees on the Sea Eagles board really does need some explanation. Anyone know their contact details?(or other footy club board members)
[/quote]  Several posters here spoke to Bob Reilly when this last flared up and were told a lot of whitewashed nonsense.  Back then the main issue was supposedly the lack of a business plan.  Hasler intervened while Max and cohorts were sharpening their knives.

Now the business plan has been presented and the knives are still sharp.  Either the business plan is crap or there is another agenda here.

I have yet to see an alternate business plan from delmege/Sibraa/Reilly however, and even if there were one, it is a case of all care and no responsibility from the football club which cannot contribute its equity share to the club operations. 

If Mayer has the support of the sponsors, his staff, the coaching staff and the players, what possible reason is there to get rid of him?

Manly's board voted 5-2, led by the Delmege faction, to play two games at Gosford in 2010 and 2011, despite Mayer and the Penn family recommending all matches remain at Brookvale
What a Tosser Max and the football club are I cannot believe they have commited to take games to the central coast.We should be playing all our games at Brookie.That decision alone is enough to toss this old clown out of the club

All bias's aside I agree its best for the club that either Max or Penn goes so we can all move on. Sure people may prefer Grant or whoever but we need stability back and the only way of that happening is for one of them to leave.

Maybe there is a few under the table dealings just to get a few votes  :p

Season ticket holders beware if Delmege gets what he wants. You are about to lose 11% worth of value for your investment.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6