Thanks to the Sharks

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Eagles Terrorist

Reserve Grader
I warm thank you I feel is deserved to the Cronulla coach Shane Flanagan and captain Paul Gallen who have repeatedly come out and said T Rex doesn't deserve a long suspension and there was no malice.

It may not count for much, but they didn't have to do it.

Class.

Eagles Terrorist said:
I warm thank you I feel is deserved to the Cronulla coach Shane Flanagan and captain Paul Gallen who have repeatedly come out and said T Rex doesn't deserve a long suspension and there was no malice.

It may not count for much, but they didn't have to do it.

Class.

Agree. Good business practice. And fair.

hanst gallen turned himself around....2-3 years ago he would have gone right off at an incident like the other night...He nearly came to Manly a few yaears ago...

They are to be congratulated....Paul Gallen is one of the players in the game I have the utmost respect for these days...and that's a complete turnaround from 2-3 years ago.

Totally agree Mark and Choc has done the same thing, both were considered rogues on and off the field but have turned it around and good on them.

swoop said:
Totally agree Mark and Choc has done the same thing, both were considered rogues on and off the field but have turned it around and good on them.
Kudos to you Buddy for giving credit where it's due.

It's hard not to admire good sportsmanship and it's surprising how the little things can change how we feel about someone.

People are probably going to slam me for saying this but I gained a bit more respect for Slater when he made sure the Wolfmans neck wasn't moved last year. yeah I know he can be a cat but he's not an out and out dog. Or worse still a...bulldog!

Good Post Eagle Terrorist!

I think gallen is also thinking i want this Godzilla in my NSW side!!!

Couldnt agree moremanlyborn.....What Slater did was supreb sportsmanship that night.
He still is a cat and an out and out dog....

Maybe Gallen thought [email protected] i hit this bloke and dont drop him...Im in deep deep trouble

Class from the sharkies?

Probably, although Gallen's NSW interests and a possible Sharks offer to T-Rex (as mentioned above) should be taken into account.

Superb sportsmanship from Slater?

As if anyone else in the same position wouldn't have done exactly the same thing. I don't understand how not moving a guy with an injured neck makes him some kind of hero. He just acted reasonably, as opposed to all his other grubby antics.

Good on Flanagan & Gall.

This is De Gois' take on it however:
"As for him getting seven weeks and whether it's fair, that's not for me to decide or worry about."

Brookie Brawler said:
Superb sportsmanship from Slater?

As if anyone else in the same position wouldn't have done exactly the same thing. I don't understand how not moving a guy with an injured neck makes him some kind of hero. He just acted reasonably, as opposed to all his other grubby antics.

Exactly. Slater just did not move once both players came to rest at the end of the tackle. Not only is he a grub but a lazy one at that.

Cambo said:
swoop said:

Congratulations to you mate for giving kudos to swoop for giving credit where it's due

bones said:
Cambo said:
swoop said:

Congratulations to you mate for giving kudos to swoop for giving credit where it's due

I feel the love.

[/quote]

Exactly. Slater just did not move once both players came to rest at the end of the tackle. Not only is he a grub but a lazy one at that.

[/quote]

Can someone explain to my simple brain what it is Slater is supposed to have done? Are we talking 2007 GF? Or something else?

Round 25 2011 when Wolfy went head first into the Storm #5 and fractured his neck.

Slater came in for the tackle too, but immediately told everyone to stay still (after Wolfy yelled out). This possible stopped Wolfie becoming a paraplegic :angel:

Same game, 73rd minute, Slater dropped an elbow into DCE's face when the kid was on the ground. Hence the the cat-dog comments.

HappilyManly said:
Round 25 2011 when Wolfy went head first into the Storm #5 and fractured his neck.

Slater came in for the tackle too, but immediately told everyone to stay still (after Wolfy yelled out). This possible stopped Wolfie becoming a paraplegic :angel:

Same game, 73rd minute, Slater dropped an elbow into DCE's face when the kid was on the ground. Hence the the cat-dog comments.

Um, isn't this the pot calling the kettle black? We're hardly angels.

manlyborn said:
It's hard not to admire good sportsmanship and it's surprising how the little things can change how we feel about someone.

People are probably going to slam me for saying this but I gained a bit more respect for Slater when he made sure the Wolfmans neck wasn't moved last year. yeah I know he can be a cat but he's not an out and out dog. Or worse still a...bulldog!

He may not be a dog but he is still a grub.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2