THAT chip kick

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Matabele

Journey Man
My skin was crawling when orford made that chip kick. even made a mental note of when it happened (46th minute) as I was so concerned it could prove to be a critical momentum turner that lost us the game.

So it was very gratifying to see orford immediately learn from the mistake and adjust his game.

It might turn out that THAT chip kick and the mental processes immediately afterward becomes remembered as his coming of age.

Monas pulled a similar kick and regather to win us a game. If it had worked he would be hailed. I don't have a problem with a half attempting to bust the game open. Still, his kicks afterwards did completely control it and high percentage plays are where it is at. He had a good game.

MB you can do that sort of stuff against stupid lumbering backs who are set in a straight line, ala the Dogs at Telstra, but with Bowen and Thurston, no way. I specifically said in my post before the game that to do silly things like chip kicks and kicking to broken play is deadly to good broken field runners. After that diabolical chip, I'm glad to see Ox kick to the sidelines as I had instructed. Better to defend the girls in set plays than broken field, as we all know. Something similiar happened last night that Robbo shut down, if my memory serves.

yep - it could have been bad but his tackle on thurston on the line more than made up for it

I thought that it was our best long kicking game of the year. Most kicks found the grass. A repeat next week will be vital.

When Willo scored on Saturday I had a quiet little 75 year old granny in front of me, turning around doing high fives to everyone - very amusing!

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2