That first penalty V Coast

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

COMMANDER

IF YOU DO NOT TRY YOU CAN NOT FAIL
Was that the softest penalty in league history? Ashley Harrison standing 2 degrees off centre playing the ball and gets penalised.

Makes me think there was an Indian punter betting on the first penalty going to Manly.

I thought the penalty was warrranted. Will need to look at it again but from memory I thought he was facing towards the sideline more than facing forward.

Some people give Choc a lot of stick for his errors, but for a good player Ashley Harrison has a shocking rate of turnovers.

All in all a fair and tough game. Happy with the balance of refereeing over all

The penalty was fair enough, early in the game the refs are likely to penalise for that sort of stuff and he got pinged.

They got lucky with the forward pass in their second try, so not everything was going against them.

I think it was Choc on one of his play the balls he did the same as Harrison with no penalty.Justice for the Checchin disgrace i suppose.

I agree CC. I'm as one eyed as they come but that was certainly a very harsh penalty.
Interestingly, I got an sms from my cousin the second Wolfman scored saying "the fix is on" but that may have been because he backed Matai FTS into Manly 1-12 :)

It was a harsh penalty so early in the game. After that penalty i was thinking i bet they will get Choc, big joe G or Georgie Rose when they play the ball.

Proves the refs are switched on for 1 of the 80 minutes. Fatigue kicks in after that

Titans running players off the high ball is a disgrace. Our players were run off the high ball twice last night, one particularly was blatant. I know that that one is allowed to hold the line, but to deliberately target runners is a penalty. This has happened on a number of occasions. I also thought the ruck was poorly handled by the two refs and the Titans first try was scored off a forward pass. On the whole though, given the refs propensity to punish us up there, it was a good win.

Agree a puzzling 1 with the fact this happens 30-40 times a game but knew straight away he would square it up somehow. Did he?? yes the next 78 minutes allowed Titans to slow down the ruck big time which saves the Titans a 30 point loss & allowed the arm wrestle game the Titans turned up to play.

The commentators on MMM were laughing at the game saying this would have to be Manly's worst performance and yet they will win. They said something like Winning Ugly taken to new heights.

Did the boys really play that bad?

Townsville Eagle said:
The commentators on MMM were laughing at the game saying this would have to be Manly's worst performance and yet they will win. They said something like Winning Ugly taken to new heights.

The Titans made a number of unforced errors, which helped our cause.

Townsville Eagle said:

The game was not pretty but Titans played a physical war style game that would have beaten 90% of teams on the night - yet Manly dominated 95% of the game with & without the ball. These jokers always attempt to take credit away from the Seaeagles. The team earned those 2 points the hard way - great win.

I thought we played pretty bad, but we won and at the end of the day that was all that mattered.

I don't think the titans were hard done by from the refs, they did some stuff we would have been penalised for. Had it been Matai putting some of those hits that tagatesi put on Fozzie I am sure they would have had a closer look. Plus they got away with a few very dubious passes that most teams would have been pulled on a forward pass.

Bottom line was we put pressure on their weaker more inexperienced players who under pressure took bad options and paid the price.

The Titans were up and in their faces all game, Gift had a tough game physically as did Foran. GC really muscled up. It's good to win those games especially before a bye.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4