That game hurts the Storm

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Eagles2nv

DESpicable Manly
Mentally and physically it hurt them.

The game was in Melbourne, they had a run of possession and penalties, field goal attempt right in front and with a full strength side.

And yet our defence wrecked them, without the likes of snake, king and fa'oso. Their only try was off a fortunate kick, otherwise they had no answers to our defence.

They couldn't break us, they couldn't redeem themselves and at the end of the game they looked devastated.

And next week they have the chooks in sydney, then its off to origin season. I hope this manly performance has put a dent in their title hopes, much like the now famous Rd25, 2011.

Massive shout out our Mighty Eagles. A huge gutsy performance with the reffing head wind, and defence more solid then diamond!

I totally agree, you could see it in their eyes at the end. Manly were gutted that they didnt win, the drizzle were very relieved not to have lost. I cant wait to we play them again.

Tonight will hurt them big time.

If the Knights really want it then the Storm's position in the top 4 will be their's for the taking.

Agreed. Their aura has been busted. They looked very one-dimensional, and needed penalties to get them out of trouble.
If they play any decent team during Origin time then they will lose.
Cronk, Smith and Slater looked below their best. It had to happen; their powers had to wain eventually. Hopefully it will give NSW the edge this series.

Agreed. They will struggle against the chooks. Would love to see them miss the top 4 this year.

sorry guys !!!!

i really dont give 2 hoots how that game hurts the storm...

im more concern how the officials hurt us !!!

Good points. Cronk is way below his best and Smith still knows how to milk the refs. Slater's takes of the ball near the ground were amazing but overall they would come away with 1 pt very relieved. It hurt them psycholgically because they know they were very, very lucky and copped plenty. Bruises on bruises for their recovery session tomorrow.

Manly 2nd half attack is still to be addressed but the defence is marvelous :angel:

The Scum Supporters all took the draw as a huge loss.

I am in awe of our Team and hope that the Boys give themselves a pat :heart:

HappilyManly said:
Manly 2nd half attack is still to be addressed but the defence is marvelous :angel:

In our defence (pun intended) snake being absent does hurt our attacking options.

HappilyManly said:

Whats going on with our 2nd halves? All we seem to do is defend lol. What great defense that is though.

We seem to be all over teams in the 1st half. Then all of a sudden the Refs lol. Silly mistakes, refs and Snake out seem to be hurting us.

Eagles2nv said:
Their only try was off a fortunate kick, otherwise they had no answers to our defence.

When you look at it, so was ours sort of (a bat back from a kick to Killer who just about only had to fall over to score) and we seemed to have no answer to their defence either.

In actual fact, how they scored all of their points was exactly like we got ours.

We both opened the scoring with a penalty goal followed by a converted try and then another penalty goal.

The only thing different was that given the circumstances last night, they should have won but fortunately for us, it didn't work out that way for them. It was their own ground which we don't have a good record at. We had a number of regular players out through injury and suspension and they just about had a full strength side and then to top it all off, the referees were on their side blowing their whistles against us.

Jethro said:
Eagles2nv said:
Their only try was off a fortunate kick, otherwise they had no answers to our defence.

When you look at it, so was ours sort of (a bat back from a kick to Killer who just about only had to fall over to score) and we seemed to have no answer to their defence either.

In actual fact, how they scored all of their points was exactly like we got ours.

We both opened the scoring with a penalty goal followed by a converted try and then another penalty goal.

The only thing different was that given the circumstances last night, they should have won but fortunately for us, it didn't work out that way for them. It was their own ground which we don't have a good record at. We had a number of regular players out through injury and suspension and they just about had a full strength side and then to top it all off, the referees were on their side blowing their whistles against us.

This is true Jethro. I do feel that if Manly had the glut of posession that the storm had last night we may all be saying it was the game that sparked our attacking form for 2013, and the score would not have been 10 all. I feel manly are one good game away from breaking the shackles. Thats why hanging in there with the defence is so important in the terms of the season

Talk about the Storm not being a factor in this year's comp is way too early, everybody remember last year's Storm slump of 5 losses in a row, many people foolishly said they were finished for the year but look what happened!! This year they are having a slump alot earlier in season but that can maybe work in their favour by having it through the Origin period which is bad for them anyway. They have plenty of time before Sept to work this out unfortunately and it won't surprise me at all. They could will lose this week to the Chooks too but it's only round 11 so over half the comp to go and plenty of time to right the ship. Everyone are saying at the moment in media about Roosters and Rabbits are the Grand Finalists this year but they are light on playoff experience compared to Storm and us and that will play a factor come Sept. Both Roosters and Rabbits only have 1 recent playoff campaign ( since 2009 ) where as Us and Storm have been in playoff all years or missing one for the reason we all know why, experience in playoffs count big time

They have just come off a run of 15 straight. They won the grand final, and the world challenge. They are entitled to a slump. In fact if they didn't I'd be really suspicious...

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4