That NO-Try on youtube

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Thanks for putting that up BE. I can say I have now heard commentary from Lozza that I completely agree with. Rare true, but he got it right.

Thanks BE, I don't have pay TV and that was the first chance I 've had to view it. I can see why everyone was so upset by the decision. The only way I could listen to the game was through the net on ABC Nth Qld, who rival NZ as the games most biased commentators. They have some neville who used to be a lower level ref (I don't remember his name), Grant Bell and Laurie Spina. As Oldfield made the break, they were screaming blue murder that play was allowed to go on as Lyon had "knocked the ball a metre forward". After half a dozen replays, Spina and Bell conceded "the ball MAY have gone sideways" until this other tool shouted them down until they came back to his way of thinking.

Even 12 hours later it still hasn't gone forward. The more I watch it the more I'm dumbfounded that the idiot got it wrong. There is even a line there for him to judge against. How does any normal human think that goes forward ?

Over to you Billy, let's see how fair dinkum this new regime of yours is. This muppet needs to be publicly castigated for gross incompetence and given a spell on the sidelines (and I don't mean as a touch judge). This isn't a matter of poor interpretation, it's either he doesn't know the rule or he is a cheat. If this gets swept under the carpet, or fobbed off then we are really not ever going to get anywhere with the ever increasing downward spiral of officiating standards. Accountability with a capital A please.

If any NRL referee truly believes that Lyon knocked the ball on, then IMO they have no place whatsoever officiating any further games and should have their contracts terminated.

Chip and Chase said:
Even 12 hours later it still hasn't gone forward. The more I watch it the more I'm dumbfounded that the idiot got it wrong. There is even a line there for him to judge against. How does any normal human think that goes forward ?

Over to you Billy, let's see how fair dinkum this new regime of yours is. This muppet needs to be publicly castigated for gross incompetence and given a spell on the sidelines (and I don't mean as a touch judge). This isn't a matter of poor interpretation, it's either he doesn't know the rule or he is a cheat. If this gets swept under the carpet, or fobbed off then we are really not ever going to get anywhere with the ever increasing downward spiral of officiating standards. Accountability with a capital A please.
I don't think you could get it wrong with the red line there to assist in making the right decision. The only conclusion I can come to is that the video ref. is a cheat.

Chip and Chase said:

You spelled castrated wrong

Disgraceful. I just saw it for the first time and it is most clear cut. Just as bad as the NSW Rugby match yesterday when a Gordon player, clearly out was awarded a try by the video referee.

Disgraceful is all I can say!!!

Freddys assessment of the Lyon knock on.

"He touched it 1 metre before the line, and picked it up 1 metre behind the line, thats 3 metres back"

:lol:

pissed myself laughing at that one too BE.

The footy show panel all thought it was a try as well.

But even more astoundingly, how the **** did they conclude tha it shold be a cowboys scrum feed? If they ruled Lyon knocked it on, surely it should have been a Manly scrum feed considering Sims knocked it on first. That's called a double knock on isn't it? Simpkins is incompetent.

A few of the MWTS were talking to the refs last night back at the hotel and again at the airport this morning. All they would concede was that Matai's foot was on the sideline and Thurston was over the line from a dropout. The 'no try' was still a no try

Can Harrigan explain how his video ref had the only TV set in the entire world which didn't clearly show the ball travelling 2 metres towards the deadball line after touching Lyon's hands?

And then can Harrigan please explain if the video ref needs to look at the same thing repeatedly, how there can NOT be doubt in his mind - which must therefore be benefit of the doubt?

And can he then explain how the referees missed the cowboys knock-on before Lyon touched it?

And how in Hoppa's try the video referee suddenly forgot all about the revised directive about possible 8 point tries following Slater's leg-first slide-in "tackles"?

And ... look just answer those ones.

Rex said:
Can Harrigan explain how his video ref had the only TV set in the entire world which didn't clearly show the ball travelling 2 metres towards the deadball line after touching Lyon's hands?

And then can Harrigan please explain if the video ref needs to look at the same thing repeatedly, how there can NOT be doubt in his mind - which must therefore be benefit of the doubt?

And can he then explain how the referees missed the cowboys knock-on before Lyon touched it?

And how in Hoppa's try the video referee suddenly forgot all about the revised directive about possible 8 point tries following Slater's leg-first slide-in "tackles"?

And ... look just answer those ones.

hopoate8pointtry.jpg

I want to be a ref. It must be the only job in the world where you can continually stuff up with zero consequences. Sounds great.

I am wondering if their justification will be to rule Glenn Stewart (or was it T Rex) knocked it into Sims? Patent nonsense, but the only feasibly lame excuse I can come up with.

How was the dropped ball by hoppa not caused by a high tackle?

How was the bowan try not scored because of a sheppard?

How was the hoppa try not an 8 pointer?

How was that possibly forward, and how when you take 4 and a half minutes is it not BOD? Then even if it was ruled forward, how was it not a Manly feed?

Anyone of these decissions changed and we win. Momentum was with us that the end and we would have won even in golden point, of that I am confident.

Matabele said:
I am wondering if their justification will be to rule Glenn Stewart (or was it T Rex) knocked it into Sims? Patent nonsense, but the only feasibly lame excuse I can come up with.
Yeah it was Glenn, Matas (passed by T Rex). That's what I first wondered too. But again, there was absolutely nothing that showed that to be true either (esp with BOD to attacking team).

If that was the decision why did they take it 10 metres back behind there

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6