That will do me. I hope Manly wins but I wont be part of it I am boycotting it

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

eagle-rock08

Reserve Grader
I heard last night on Talkin' Sport - the referee's coach (the hopeful recipient of a cement truck incident) say that the 8 point try should not have been allowed.  Further (s)he went on to say that it should have been a penalty to Manly.

This is from the person who gave Gasnier a try a couple of weeks ago when Manly played St George.  Go figger!  I personally feel that that try was payback for the test last year when Matai hit Gasnier, I remember Harrigan saying he was yelling at the TV to send him off.

These talkin' sport guys (Tunks) went on to bag Manly saying we all know a Manly fan and even if the decision was wrong it was a good decision as it was against Manly (by infereence).  Needless to say I'll never listen to that show again either.

To put it simply, I have had it.  I used to love this game and followed it with a passion but not anymore.

Well folks the NRL has lost one fan who has folloowed the game for over forty years.  I may not count for much being one person but I am just that frustrated that I can no longer enjoy a game as I used to.  Man I even supported the Northern Eagles in 2000 and went to the games.

Having said that I wonder how many others are in my position?  Are there other people out there who feel the same way?

The continual double standards, the lack of professionalism by the NRL, NEWS and the referees.

Well that's it for me all the best folks good luck to the boys but I don't think I'll be taking an interest in it in the future.

mate its not even a radio station thats involved in the ratings
its community radio 2sm and a joke of a station.

Hughes is a typical canterbury grub you ask him and he will still tell u 2002 was the nrl's fault and nothing happened in coffs harbour.

The prick needs some more fibre glass to style his hair.

I too am feeling really disgruntled and  feel like walking away from the game but the fact is I love Manly way too much.

I lived without them during the NE days after having tracked every move by the club for 25 years prior. Over the last 7-8 years my love has been totally rekindled for my great team.

Even with this frustrating year, caused by refs bosses coming out after the squEels, Dragoons and Rorters games, saying they stiffed us but thats just the way it goes, I still love my Team and I know we will be No 1 again and then I can rub it in to all the Manly haters once again.

absolutely 100% agree BD.

Deep down we all love being hated.I wouldnt want it any other way.Just makes victory sweeter.It might take a few years but we'll be back on the rostrum this decade as usual.

eagle-rock08, you are joking aren't you? Because you heard a comment on radio that you didn't like you will boycott something that you loved for 40 years. I remember Manly only ever getting good publicity in '87 and in the mid 90s. Every other time we have been getting screwed, ripped off. Nobody enjoys talking good of Manly. Even in '08 people weren't happy about the 40-0 scoreline.
Everybody wants us to lose. It has always been the case and it always will be. It doesn't mean we just throw it away.
We had 3 bad calls this year that cost us the game. No other team in the league can say they have had worse. We have 2 interantional backs who have been out for the season. No other team in the league can say that. We have one of our best players playing on what i believe is 1 leg.
Ofcourse people are happy about these situations. But you want to turn your back on Manly, I have 1 thing to say to you..................
STUFF YOU, I DON'T WANT YOU AS A FELLOW SUPPORTER(sorry for the caps to everybody else).

eagle-rock08 link said:
I heard last night on Talkin' Sport - the referee's coach (the hopeful recipient of a cement truck incident) say that the 8 point try should not have been allowed.  Further (s)he went on to say that it should have been a penalty to Manly.

This is from the person who gave Gasnier a try a couple of weeks ago when Manly played St George.  Go figger!  I personally feel that that try was payback for the test last year when Matai hit Gasnier, I remember Harrigan saying he was yelling at the TV to send him off.

These talkin' sport guys (Tunks) went on to bag Manly saying we all know a Manly fan and even if the decision was wrong it was a good decision as it was against Manly (by infereence).  Needless to say I'll never listen to that show again either.

To put it simply, I have had it.  I used to love this game and followed it with a passion but not anymore.

Well folks the NRL has lost one fan who has folloowed the game for over forty years.  I may not count for much being one person but I am just that frustrated that I can no longer enjoy a game as I used to.  Man I even supported the Northern Eagles in 2000 and went to the games.

Having said that I wonder how many others are in my position?  Are there other people out there who feel the same way?

The continual double standards, the lack of professionalism by the NRL, NEWS and the referees.

Well that's it for me all the best folks good luck to the boys but I don't think I'll be taking an interest in it in the future.

I'm sure a lot of people (me included) have similar frustrations as you.That's why we get on here and rant and rave-it helps ease our angst.I think you may get a "pasting" on here about not continuing your support for the Sea Eagles.Personally,if that's the way you think you should go,then good luck to you.I will be standing by my team (even though I am critical of this years effort),because a boycott of Manly doesn't help our cause.

eagleE link said:
eagle-rock08, you are joking aren't you? Because you heard a comment on radio that you didn't like you will boycott something that you loved for 40 years. I remember Manly only ever getting good publicity in '87 and in the mid 90s. Every other time we have been getting screwed, ripped off. Nobody enjoys talking good of Manly. Even in '08 people weren't happy about the 40-0 scoreline.
Everybody wants us to lose. It has always been the case and it always will be. It doesn't mean we just throw it away.
We had 3 bad calls this year that cost us the game. No other team in the league can say they have had worse. We have 2 interantional backs who have been out for the season. No other team in the league can say that. We have one of our best players playing on what i believe is 1 leg.
Ofcourse people are happy about these situations. But you want to turn your back on Manly, I have 1 thing to say to you..................
STUFF YOU, I DON'T WANT YOU AS A FELLOW SUPPORTER(sorry for the caps to everybody else).

I particularly like the way youve gotten stuck into a fellow supporter for making a depressed post but apologise to everyone for the cardinal sin of typing in CAPS. Great stuff :)

Jatz Crackers link said:
[quote author=eagleE link=topic=184959.msg288959#msg288959 date=1283208821]

I particularly like the way youve gotten stuck into a fellow supporter for making a depressed post but apologise to everyone for the cardinal sin of typing in CAPS. Great stuff :)
[/quote]

Thanks Jatz. It's like this; you don't turn your back on your country just because you have a crap government and the rest of the world hates you(like the Bush led USA). You still stay patriotic. Same as you don't go against your team. They are both at the peak of things you don't turn against.

Jatz Crackers link said:

[/quote]

Further more he hardly said he was turning his back on Manly, rather on the NRL.

Which I admit I would love to do, the only thing is I love this club too much. So many times I have wanted to protest but there is no effective way as everyone then just labels us whining Manly Fans.

Regardless of what happens I am a Manly fan for life....I have supported them since 1963 (yep thats 47 years)....I have been through the good times, the bad times, Grand Final wins (and many losses), the Northern Eagles debacle and the average season that is 2010.

Am I happy with the NRL.....no way....but would I walk away from the game and team????....I will one day, and that's when they put me in a box and send me 6 feet under!!

I too hate the way the game is at the moment. Bad management and ridiculous referees. The game is in a bad state but i love my league and even more love my Mighty Sea Eagles. I am a member of the club and will always support them no matter what. Bag us if you will but we will only come back stronger.

eagleE link said:
[quote author=Jatz Crackers link=topic=184959.msg288972#msg288972 date=1283212546]

[/quote]

Thanks Jatz. It's like this; you don't turn your back on your country just because you have a crap government and the rest of the world hates you(like the Bush led USA). You still stay patriotic. Same as you don't go against your team. They are both at the peak of things you don't turn against.
[/quote]

So profound.

In my opinion Rugby League died when the ARL and superleague joined together and formed the NRL 13 years ago. We now have to watch the resulting game which barely resembles what a great game rugby League once was. What we are really watching is the crap that is superleague. Video referees and all their ridiculous rulings, rules that have made the play the ball a joke to try and speed the game up for tv, rules that were once quite simple have now been changed and are up to the referees interpretation (I believe this is to allow  the referees to have a greater influence on who wins ), TV stations telling the NRL when games will be played, stupid points system at the judiciary, teams owned by the organisation that own the game, ARL loyal teams forced to merge or miss out altogether when no Superleague teams have had to. There are so many conflicts of interest that it simply cannot be a fair competition to all teams involved. I have loved Rugby league my whole life and Manly have given me so much joy over the years. The only reason i still watch is because I love the sea eagles... i always will. I loved rugby league too... when it still existed. It might be called Rugby league still but i know its not.  I really wouldnt care less if the entire game dissappeared. But while Manly are still there i will continue to watch it... even if it is only about as half as enjoyable as it was back in the 80's and 90's. For the second year straight we have had to sit back and watch the inept, corrupt NRL referees cost our team a top 4 spot. The most frustrating thing of all is that there is absolutely nothing we can do about it other than boycott games like the poster of this thread says he will do... but if we do that it just hurts the only part of the whole game we love... the sea eagles. We cant win.

dowdz link said:
I too hate the way the game is at the moment. Bad management and ridiculous referees. The game is in a bad state but i love my league and even more love my Mighty Sea Eagles. I am a member of the club and will always support them no matter what. Bag us if you will but we will only come back stronger.
What gets to me is not just the bad ref calls & crap management of the game. It seems that there is a genuine anti manly feeling out there in the NRL & News ltd. We have had crap game slots all year. Monday night is Manly night. Hardly any free to air games. Hard on our sponsors & no one seems to care. The only idea's out there seem to be taking games away from Brookie to make more money.
This seasons sucks. :(

Its been a depressing week. When we had all those chances to score against the Roosters & only scored 2 tries I had bad feelings about the game.

It worries me that we cannot handle the oppositions pace. Once a attacker gets away from us we cannot run them down. Is it a lack of pace or a lack of desperation, I dont know.

I have to stay , my expectations were not huge at the beginning of the year but to sit amongst the leaders all year & miss out on the semi's would be heartbreaking.

Turn your back on league and the club you love because of a couple of niff nuff ****wits on a 2 bit radio station who hate Manly????
I just dont get it. Tunks and Hughes are insignificant bulldog worms whose opinions are about as valuable as a piece of dog****. Coupled with that clown Harrigan making apologies every week for his inept mates with whistles it is just one big joke.Get real mate you'll be back watching and cheering on Manly next Sunday and probably screaming at another round of pissweak decisions which inevtably will cost us the season.

Its a hard life sometimes being a sea eagle,to me the winter is the best time of the year,its when fathers get to take theyre kids to watch those awesome men in maroon and white in theyre exploits,i hope to be that guy some day soon

However,we are clearly the most hated team in the competition with daylight second,a proud arrogant mist surrounds the club and nine times out of 10 any sea eagle or fan will live in that mist,outside it lays the seige of hatred by other jealous fans wishing theyre own clubs/teams could have half the flavour and all the success this club has had,during the dark ages 1998-2002 we all did what we thought was nessecary,we stuck by our colours,even that hideous beagles jersey,or we fled in heartbreak (i was in that crowd)

When the maroon and white came up from the ashes we got straight back on board,we followed them relentlessly as if that incestual period of the northern beagles had never existed as one,2002-2007 we were given some breathing space by the mouth breathing fans from other clubs,they felt sorry for us,then that brilliant day came along,we had just destroyed possibly the most dominant force on the big day with a display of breathtaking skill,speed and wit,steered around the park by the dally M player of the year with a centre playing 5/8

The jealousy returned,the hatred of years gone by,the disgust in the eyes of oppisition fans was back and so was that mist i spoke of,this year we have lost 2 internationals,had bogus calls beat us more times than i care to count and at periods went through the motions as we had our asses handed to us on a silver platter,you may say the mighty have fallen

But we're still going to be playing next weekend,hopefully against the tigers,this weekend we have a huge roster to play against,a top 8 roster in anyones imagination,the ultimate underachievers to beat for that spot in a game that means little to nothing to all bar 2 in that team

The sunset is looming but hasnt quiet set yet,when will it?
who knows? the only thing i know is that win,lose or get hammered, come the next day my blood will still be maroon and white and will never change,with the same optimistic view i have of this season for next season,2010 would have been merely a setback and we'll play more finals series than not and ill be there in my terrible necked 2009 jersey,cheering our guys on

the tall poppy syndrome is a distinctly australian negative trait. it refers to those who get there kicks and sense of self importance by bringing down others who are successful. Thats why they hate us eagles because we are a great team. SEA EAGLES FOR EVER . THE 40 NIL 2008 GRAND FINAL VICTORY WAS THE HIGHEST GRAND FINAL VICTORY IN AUSTRALIAS RUGBY LEAGUE HISTORY. AND IT WAS AGAINST A TEAM THAT WAS  1 MILLION OVER THE CAP. HOW GOOD WAS THAT !!!!!

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6