That's why Orful will never play SOO

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Chip and Chase

True Supporter
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Because he dishes up crap like that all too regularly. Where is the leadership where is the direction of attack, where is the control of possession and field position when we were in the lead ? Once Lyon went off he needed to stand up and be counted and take the reins....instead we got a Monaghan concentric circle effort and a masterclass in woeful attacking kicking. I can see why the rep selectors give him a wide berth.

I didn't think Orford was that bad. I could name at least 8 worse.

He needs to kick those goals though... fair enough we didn't deserve to be as close to penrith as we were... but the "No.1" goal kicker should kick those goals and it some how would have gave us a shot at snaring an undeserved 2 points... I reckon Matai would of kicked it.

Sure there may have been worse, but they aren't paid a fortune and have the No. 7 on their back and supposedly be the playmakers. He was bereft of ideas and composure tonight, as he is 3 or 4 games out of 10.

Nutzcraw link said:
I didn't think Orford was that bad. I could name at least 8 worse.

He needs to kick those goals though... fair enough we didn't deserve to be as close to penrith as we were... but the \"No.1\" goal kicker should kick those goals and it some how would have gave us a shot at snaring an undeserved 2 points... I reckon Matai would of kicked it.
i couldnt agree more ,matai shoul be our kicker not ox.

1 answer to this
don't want him too
images

OK why can't he produce efforts like that every week, or 9 times out of 10 ?

He is too inconsistent. We needed him tonight and he went missing. That's why the rep selectors give him a wide berth, he feels the pressure. Lyon makes him look good.

3 or 4 out of 10, you're too kind C & C.  Orford has been crap the last three games.  All your criticism is totally correct.  I just can't understand why he takes any kicks for us.  His line kicks and his goal kicks are below par.  I've been on this case for seasons and nothing changes.  Robbo is not a fullback.  Bani is to slow and has very little anticipation.  That's why D Williams is better.  Our front row is woeful at the moment.  Their try from dummy half was so telegraphed I could see them thinking of doing it, and I was on the hill!  Dreadful display.          

I dont get why he kicks, he wasnt the worst, to see players standing still on the last tackle, no set play no decoys that was just a joke.

Cant blame Orford, he wasnt the worst. That was a team effort, but Neuman ran the show

It was so depressing watching him line up for that last kick and know he was going to miss.

I was saying to my family we needed to score right under or next to the posts before we scored....

ads link said:
It was so depressing watching him line up for that last kick and know he was going to miss.

I was saying to my family we needed to score right under or next to the posts before we scored....

I was cursing bailey for not trying to get closer to the sticks orford struggles like most right footers kicking from the right

he cant lead by himself its a known fact, the question is, is Bailey the person to take control, the answer is no, at least not yet.

Lyon is the obvious next in command in my books

time to move neumann to half back.

I reckon watmough should have a stint in the centres... he is quick enough.

Orford's little legs just can't kick the distance from the sideline. It is very rare for him to land one from the side. He is only okay in front or just off to the sides of the goal posts. Matia should be the sideline kicker when Lyon is not on the field. To give sideline goal kicks to Orford to do is just a waste of 2 points. We could have won the last two games if someone else had been given the opportunity.

While you're picking out the player who lost the game, don't forget Bailey.  Two tries, sure, but it was his defensive non-effort that let them in for the winning try. To leave the dummy half free to stroll over untouched for the winning try is totally unforgivable.  And it is part of a pattern of repeated slow reactions in defense.  He'll get targeted every game unless Des fixes his attitude pronto.

Well maybe if we'd scored another try out of the countless opportunities we wouldn't be blaming Bailey. I thought he had a great game. Bery goo in defence and the ordinary try he lets in from dummy half and you're bagging him, come on. The problem with his last few games was his bumbling in attack, I thought he had a cracker tonight.

Cletus link said:
Well maybe if we'd scored another try out of the countless opportunities we wouldn't be blaming Bailey. I thought he had a great game. Bery goo in defence and the ordinary try he lets in from dummy half and you're bagging him, come on. The problem with his last few games was his bumbling in attack, I thought he had a cracker tonight.
Premierships are fundamentally built on defence.  If that's working, then attack will come in time if the players have raw attacking abilities (which Bailey has) and let the attack flow.  Bailey's lack of sharpness in defence was evident in the world club challenge, leading to tries conceded, and has continued in games since.  He had a great game in attack yesterday, but the attitudinal problem in defence remains.  ATM he's a target for opposition attacks. And this would be deadly against the top teams.

You can't blame Oford for the result. Everyone was ordinary last night and unfortunately to many fundamental errors were made.

There are good signs to take from last night if only some of the passes had been chest height and had of stuck. They were just trying to push it a little too hard and don't forget we still have a few guys out there that have not played together.

The forwarded pack need to demonstrate some purpose and resolve to what they are trying to do out on the field, put a little more heart in it and start playing for each other as if your life depended on it.

Penrith made to many meters up field and with STUPID penalties they got right on our try line where we were asleep and didn't defend and Penrith basically fell over the line to score.

We desperately need a goal kicker that is up around 89% plus of the time, some of the pressure needs to come off of Oford so that he can organise general play. 

Bit harsh on bailey's defence. He wasnt the marker, they both went to the other side and left the hole. He made another 20+ tackles as well.

I wouldnt say his attack was great either but in the first half he did start to get the ball to lyon with room to move and lyon made the most of it, that in itself is a positive.

Why cant you lay some of the blame on the highest paid player, captain kicker and chief playmaker.

The Captain should be ripping his troops after all the stupid passes thrown, instead he jsut trotted back into position head down. He led the team, the followed his lackluster attitude.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4