The 2012 Jan Davis Memorial tipping competition is now open

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Dan

Kim Jong Dan
Staff member
Administrator
Tipping Member
Hi Everyone,

I have set up the tipping competition for the 2012 season, As always the competition is run with a $20 entry.

The name of the competition is named in the loving memory of Jan "Corso Jan" Davis a lovely lady who's life and story touched many Sea Eagles fans.

Anyway that's enough blithering from me. The rules and details can be found at http://www.silvertails.net/tipping-comp/jan-davis-memorial-tipping-competition

You will need to be logged into the front-end and then go to http://www.silvertails.net/tipping-comp/jan-davis-memorial-tipping-competition and click on season 2012.

You enter the comp by entering your tips. I repeat as I get asked this questions every year

How do I enter the competition
You enter the competition simply by going to the page whilst logged in and entering your tips

How much does it cost?
$20 AUD

How do I pay
Paypal, or if you make an arrangement with me we accept direct deposit, though paypal is preferred

What can I win?
Besides the admiration of many a Manly fan we have prizes up for grabs each year. Last year was a voucher for the Factory outlet shop, valued at $150, in other years it has been framed photos and more.

This year it will likely be another framed photo probably of the Grand Final team or something similar, myself and our donator will decide in the coming weeks

How does the comp work?
It's a simple win loss draw competition. Just login and choose the teams you think will win and hit submit.

As a curve ball to try and break up the field more, at least one game per week, I set as a bonus game, where points are doubled for that game. However you do not accrue any bonus points until you have paid, then you will start to get bonus points for every round after you have paid, this is all an incentive to get you to pay, obviously

what if I have more questions?
Then ask away

So join up guys, the money goes towards keeping this site running, and we make a donation each year to a charity based on the income from the comp and what is left over after site fees bit me in the ass.
The charities are usually related to breast cancer.

So please join up and enjoy. Ask any questions you may have and good luck.

The first few weeks are free, if you haven't paid after 10 rounds then you are removed from the competition. You do not get bonus points until you have paid.

Cheers
Dan

Surely I can't do any worse than my 23rd place last year...the only way is up from here!

hahaha You never know there may be a second chance competition again.

See what happens

I'll be paying up early this year because my misinterpretation of the provision of bonus points cost me a top 5 finish last year.

Cheers, lookin' forward to another Silvertails tipping comp!

The 2009 1st place prize was a fantastic generously-donated framed set of photos based on the 2008 GF victory - proudly on the wall in my bar.

Good luck all, and Go Manly!

I will be in it again. Although I hope to improve on mid field & also beat that pesky son of mine. :)

Sounds good Daniel, after I get paid this week I'll sign up.

Clint said:
Sorry Dan, I have a question. How much is it to join?;)
There's always one haha.
Received your payment too mate will update your details tomorrow.

Daniel said:
Clint said:
Sorry Dan, I have a question. How much is it to join?;)
There's always one haha.
Received your payment too mate will update your details tomorrow.

I know - sorry mate - pretty lame - I'd had a couple of beverages when I posted that one. That's the only excuse I got:blush:

Still plenty of room to join up ladies and gents with only a handful of people joining so far.

Get involved and get your chance to win some great prizes

We should have folks on this forum sponsoring this comp.

Kick some money up with half going to Breast Cancer Research and half to prize money.

Dan PM me if you like, I'd contribute.

Hey CC. A member of the site does donate the prize, the comp taking go towards keeping the site afloat fees wise and we donate some to various charities.

I will speak with the donator and see if he would like another donator as well, but it may be best we look at other competitions to do something similar

The season is drawing closer and we still only have a handful of signups. Remember you don't have to pay right away. You can sign up and pay in parts if you like

bump

Remember you dont have to pay right away, it just means you dont get the bonus point right away, so still join up and lets get tipping

I can do this of course (ahem) but for the benefit of the dummies, how do you join up? eg where it says go to the link above I had no success I mean, some people might get confused :huh:

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4