The Adjudicator

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Berkeley_Eagle

Current Status: 24/7 Manly Fan
The Adjudicator says: "I dub this clash the round four reality check because both teams aren't travelling as well as they think they are. OK, so Souths looked a lot better against the Eels. Penrith also looked good against the Eels - how good are the Panthers going? Manly have enjoyed back-to-back wins over an insipid Sydney Roosters and a depleted Knights, and all of a sudden Des Hasler has moved from slamming the NRL to offering deep insights on the salary cap. I think the Manly purple patch is about to end; I can't see them winning three straight at this point of the week."

The Adjudicator's verdict: "I will reconsider my Souths preference on Friday."

Agree/disagree with The Adjudicator? Tell him, in 100 words or fewer, why your team will win this match. Email The Adjudicator , including your full name and where you're from.

[email protected]

http://www.foxsports.com.au/league/nrl-premiership/the-adjudicator-gives-his-early-take-on-round-four-of-the-2011-nrl-premiership/story-fn3g99dy-1226030075611

I do have fears for this game though we are the ones that "depleted" the Knights squad with our physical game and the Roosters were going fine till Foran bashed them to pieces. I will be able to handle a loss as long as the boys put in 100% like that have the last two games.

The whingers are soft. They will be without Pettybourne as well, whom I really rate. Wesser may be out with a hamstring problem and they don't have the ticker to stand up to the heavy hitting.

I predict a mirror image of the Drugcastle match.

The adjudicator is an arse.  Phil's arse.  We will win this one by 10, and I am never wrong.

We beat a depleted Knights team with a depleted Manly team and with the return of Lyon and the availability of T-rex (if needed) why would the Adjudicator think we are deluding ourselves.

The adjudicator is right in one respect, which is that consistency remains an (as yet) unanswered question for our team. Our young players such as Oldfield, Hoppa, Foran, DCE, Buhrer etc have proved they have the ability, but for young players to produce consistently can be a challenge. Personaly I have no doubt they are ready, and 3 in a row will signal us as a genuine dark horse for this year.

He says consistency is an issue with Manly. It's an issue so far for every team in the league this season bar the Dogs (Consistently good) and the Titans (consistently bad).

I'm trying to remember the last time the Adjudicator has actually tipped Manly in the past 3 years.

Central Coast Eagle link said:
I just wish he had the guts to put his name to it. I'm sure he wouldn't say half the crap he does if his name and face was to it.

I think the adjudicator is a culmination of a few people throwing up some ideas around the office.  Just a bit of light hearted fun really.

LATEST COMMENTS FROM FANS

Maximus of Redfern says: Well I hope that Manly take the advice of Sea Eagle from Newcastle and turn up at Brookvale on Sunday to play the Knights instead of arriving at Blue Tongue on Friday night to play Souths! Forget the battle of GI verse Lyon, they cancel each other out. This game will be decided by the battle between the Bunnies Farrell v Hoppa. I don’t know that Farrell will be able to contain the young Hoppa, if he does Souths win, if he can’t the Sea Eagles could have some fun. Hopefully the addition of Burgess will help the Rabbits contain Hoppa and we can get home in a close one…… hopefully being the key word.

Garry Fair - Go from Kellyville NSW says: I agree South’s will put back to back wins together based on three reasons: Sutton 100 Kg, Taylor 120 kg, and Inglis 111 kg = L.H Side Attack. You may stop them once, twice, but after that it is “TRY” time.

Sea Eagle from Newcastle says: I feel the knights are overly arrogant after winning 2 games against rubbish opponents, whereas Manly started the season against two top 8 contenders with and showed guts in both games. Fortress Brookevale is already a tough place to play on a Sunday afternoon so the addition of the Prince finally returning to his play ground won’t help the knights. Brett Stewart scores for fun at Brookevale, and I’m tipping him to get a double this Sunday as he has done many times before. Manly to win by 24 spurred on by the Brookie faithful.

Angelo says: Manly will dissect Souths piece by piece on the back of brutal defence! They were well on there way to beating the Knights then relaxed when they started to pull heart muscles rather than front up to the resurgent Sea Eagles. Be warned Manly are back and the induction of youth (Hopoate, Buhrer, Mauro) is driving the older lads on. Eagles to skin the Bunnies by 16.  Cheers - Winning!

Peter from Brisbane says: Manly can win,particularly if Lyon returns to snuff out GI threat,,,,but are doomed if  T.Williams returns and gets on the park.Have you woken up yet,Dessy?We will have to wait to Fri nite to see,as Team Lists are a joke!!

Brad Smith of Caringbah says: Adjudicator, I think you’re on the right track but some of your comments are somewhat wayward. How do you know that both teams think that they are travelling well? I would like to think that both teams have a firm grip on reality. All they need to do is look at the ladder. Manly in a purple patch? They win 2 games in a row and you call that a purple patch?? What would you call 10 games in a row? A significantly  hyper extended purple patch??? Yes, Rabbitohs to win, but spare us the garbage.

Marv of Brisbane says: Same old rubbish from the Adjudicator, I'm sure if Manly were unbeaten in Round 22 you'd still be predicting that they're about to fall apart. Suck it up princess and present a fair prediction. The only variable will be if Jamie Lyon is back which will just mean a greater winning margin to the Eagles!

Masked Eagle link said:
I think the adjudicator is a culmination of a few people throwing up some ideas around the office.  Just a bit of light hearted fun really.

Of course this is a good & correct observation..

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4