The Adjudicator's verdict

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Berkeley_Eagle

Current Status: 24/7 Manly Fan
Manly v North Queensland Cowboys, Sydney Football Stadium, Saturday 8.30pm (EST)
The Adjudicator says: "There should be plenty of feeling in this match. Manly knocked the Cowboys of the 2007 finals series and Thurston's mob have only just resurfaced - four years later. It was interesting to see North Queensland send down Glenn Hall for the NRL captain's call. No JT, no Matt Scott, though maybe they sent the latter as a lookalike. The Cows look to have hit a dead-end at the moment and I don't know if they can get out this one alive. The 'home' side would prefer to play at Brookvale, sure, but there should still be enough "good sorts" on the sidelines to spur the Sea Eagles to victory."

The Adjudicator's verdict: "Can the Cows resuscitate their season or are Manly going to be too big, too strong? If you a few days to send your prediction."

Wests Tigers v St George Illawarra, ANZ Stadium, Friday 7.45pm (EST)
The Adjudicator says: "The key man for the Tigers in this match is not Benji Marshall or Robbie Farah; rather, a healthy return for Chris Lawrence would leave Tim Sheens's men brimming with confidence. I reckon St George Illawarra five-eighth Jamie Soward has been having nightmares ever since the Tigers left centre ran rings around him in their round-22 clash at the SFS. Speaking of football stadiums: how stoked must the Tigers be about their venue for this match. You win eight consecutive matches to make the top four and your reward is the NRL's least intimidating home venue. People born on Christmas Day would suffer a similar sort of angst. The Red V pipped the Tigers in last year's finals series, and I'm leaning on them to get the cash again in the tightest of finishes. Like Mr A's eyesight, Benji Marshall's goal kicking getting is getting worse with age."

The Adjudicator's verdict: "This game is a great debate. You have until Friday to persuade me either way."

Brisbane Broncos v Warriors, Suncorp Stadium, Saturday 6.30pm (EST)
The Adjudicator says: "I reckon Darren Lockyer could give farewell speeches in his sleep. What is this, his 63rd 'see ya later, thanks, yep, you were one of the greats' parties. It's a wonder that Brisbane continue to play good football. That's not to say I'm jealous or anything - in fact, the boys from Cootamundra gave me a tremendous farewell back in the season of 1987 - but seriously, the guy is is getting more bored with all the attention than I am. These teams also met in round 22, you'll recall, when Shaun Johnson managed to trick the Brisbane defence into standing still while he went on a blinding 60-metre run, or so it seemed. After seeing Brisbane get a scare from the Manly Bs I'm not as convinced as I was. Might be time to stop rambling and throw this game open to my loyal followers."

The Adjudicator's verdict: "They couldn't crash his record-equalling 349th match, can the Warriors utilize their second chance to break Brisbane hearts? You'll find out on Friday, until which time, the floor is yours."

Melbourne Storm v Newcastle Knights, AAMI Park, Sunday 4pm (EST)
The Adjudicator says: "My, oh my. What have we got here? Melbourne Storm's inept display against Sydney Roosters has robbed me of the chance to make an easy selection. The Storm rested their stars, sure, but confidence can be just as easily lost as gained - look at Parramatta's Daniel Mortimer. One thing Newcastle do have on their side in this match is size. Melbourne are sharp, sophisticated and deserved minor premiers, but they don't seem to like it when the big boys get right up in their face and ask em 'what's for dinner?' It's been great to watch the transition of Akuila Uate from winger to second-rower. Newcastle forwards have decided the best man for the first, third and fifth hit-up is the NSW winger- and I don't blame them. I'll need to see the teams and some feedback from the fans until I make a final call here."

The Adjudicator's verdict: "Do we have another 8 v 1 upset on the cards? Find out on Friday."

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6