The Ashes 2021 / 22 (in Aust)

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

globaleagle

Staff member
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Starts in an hour.

what do you think Mr McGrath?

5-0 Australia

Thanks Glenn

edit: I just read this in the media
(lol)

Australia legend and six-time Ashes winner Glenn McGrath

Do I predict with my heart or my head? I’ve painted myself into a corner in that if I say anything other than 5-0, people will say I’m not confident any more. The first Test is very important. If Australia can get off to a good start then, fair enough, 5-0.

Both teams have a few issues and it will be who settles the quickest. I’m predicting an Australia win – not 5-0, but if they are dominant in the first Test I might readjust.

Prediction: Australia 5-0 England (depending on the result of the first Test)

Couldn't watch any of today, but listened to a little bit of Grandstand. I'm flying to Sydney for 3 weeks this saturday and can't wait to settle in for the Ashes in the coming weeks!

I bet Cummins reckons this captaining gig is pretty easy... Awesome move to bring himself straight on when Root came on - great intent on that one.

For all the commentators getting ahead of themselves, remember we bowled India out for 36 and look how that series ended!
Even though they rightly clapped Lyon off there at lunch. I’m sure he would be thinking the same.
I hate it when some Aussie commentators start shooting their loads before the 1st test is even finished. I like ABs commentary. Level headed. Gave Cameron Green some very nice praise and advice. You bet someone will be sending that to Cameron. I know if I was Pat Cummins, I’d make sure he heard it.
Anyway 20 runs to win. Lyon back with some confidence. So a good win all in all (yes I know I just got ahead of myself, but 20 runs to win….c’mon! :p).

Even though they rightly clapped Lyon off there at lunch. I’m sure he would be thinking the same.
I hate it when some Aussie commentators start shooting their loads before the 1st test is even finished. I like ABs commentary. Level headed. Gave Cameron Green some very nice praise and advice. You bet someone will be sending that to Cameron. I know if I was Pat Cummins, I’d make sure he heard it.
Anyway 20 runs to win. Lyon back with some confidence. So a good win all in all (yes I know I just got ahead of myself, but 20 runs to win….c’mon! :p).

I predict Aust lose 2 wickets in the run chase!

I flew to Sydney tonight and at the beginning of the day I was kind of hoping root and mawan would take it into the 5th day so I could watch some. Anyway, won’t have to wait long for the second test. Hazlewood will be a big out for the Aussie’s through.

Good start to the series. Glad to see Gary finally get that 400th wicket. Cameron Green has his first test scalp too now.

The pommy batting needs to improve if they are going to challenge for a win in any of the tests. Stokes looks a bit underdone and might be better for the run, presuming he hasn't picked up a niggle.

Do Anderson or Broad come in for Adelaide ?? Pommy attack looked a little pedestrian, and they absolutely belted Leach and his confidence out of the Gabba.

Our attack should be capable of taking 20 wickets every game, but I thought the same last summer against an Indian second XI and it didn't happen.

Have tickets for Days 1 & 2 of SCG test so just got to hope La Nina gives us a break

Hoff out of second test. Looking forward to seeing Richardson with the pink ball. I think he'll go alright.
The Hoff is a big loss though. He has been unbelievably consistent across all formats.

I will feel a bit for Neser if they go for Richardson, as he has performed consistently for a long time now. It just shows you how hard it can be to break into the Test team.

Who would you pick if Warner is out? I'd be happy if they went with youth instead of bringing Usman back, as much as I'm an Usman fan. They say the young QLD bloke has got a great temperament, so against the pink ball that would be a huge benefit.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4