The Audacity of hope

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

The Eagle

First Grader
Ok,this is a thread that more or less defines the entire website

In one corner you have the hopeful,seeing a silver lining on a dark cloud thats after todays performance completely covered the entire sky,we see a chance of a manly premiership despite 2 or 3 rubbish players,we believe the goodness of the others will carry us across the line against substandard competition despite poor calls and the like

We like to see the good and try to avert our eyes from the completely terrible few players in this team,because of injuries or compromising pictures of our brilliant coach with some type of farm animal,rumoured to be a goat

On the other side,doomsayers and naysayers try to diminish us hopeful to become just as pessimistic as themselves,reminding us how bad Bailey is and how bad Hodkinson can be,us hopeful point to Foran,Lyon,Choc,Watmough,
Matai,Robertson,Kite,King,Ballin and others who i cannot remember at this time through my blind rage

Us hopeful are in for an absolute gobful tonight from the doomsayers,telling us our season is over and we would lose to teams such as Dogs,Tigers,Dragons and the rest of the competition of absolute substandard finals footy players, these are the people who constantly rubbish players from our near past such as Orford,with who the 1st 2 loses would in my mind have been averted

With Wolfman and Stewwie gone for season before the end of round one,they told us we had no hope to make the 2010 finals and with the combined brilliance of both players,missing them would see us finish around the bottom of the table,today the second half was absolutely woeful,showing none of the heart which manly is famous for,8 point try and we litterally mentally switched off with a big **** this im outta here

The hopeful can take some sort of confidence from our belting of the Dragons at home,that game our team put on the absolute best display ive seen all year by any team,perhaps bar the raiders who still arent quiet in the 8,after April (Storm drama) us hopeful became more hopeful,our nemesis was gone and we beat them as the last team to win against the storm before the salary cap exposure

With our 1st half vs the Roosters,if we play games like that 1st half,minus the bombed tries this competition is well and truely ours and i believe that to this minute we can still dominate finals football,should we get there

I am confident of being blasted,smited and all other kinds of things from other posters,perhaps even censored however all this had to be said by somebody and it might as well be me

Its true there are people that are positive and others that have been negative since the first rounds where we lost after having big leads.  Ive been very positive till today but i think even i have conceded. That said i still tried to find a positive in that if we beat the Dogs we should play the Tigers in the first final game who i believe we can beat. On the other hand im starting to think about 2011 and hoping Snake and Wolfman and inject some life into the team.

Kiwi Eagle link said:
Or there are the people who can sit in the middle of either and call it how they see it

Yes thinking realistically is the best way. Though i always fall on the positive side for some reason lol.

Realistic can be either positive or negative at this stage
the team is capable of doing my thoughts or Kiwi's,its up to them

I still have some hope. Injuries have killed us though unfortunately. If we can finish 7  and play tigers in the first semi, anything is possible. 

I think to call someone negative or positive based on their reactions directly after a loss is ridiculous. Talk to people later on, or just before a game and you'll get a much better view of what they really think.

And I know in a few days times, I'll have doubts about our ability to go the whole way this year, but I will believe we have a chance if we can play our best. I'll still like Tony Williams, I'll be hoping DCE can be better than Hodko and I'll slightly worry that we've made a mistake letting him go. And I still hold that Bailey is one of our worst ever.

Does that make me positive or negative? Neither it just makes me a person who has opinions.

We are missing Rodney, Wolf, Gift, Brett. Come on if you took talent like that out of any team they are going to look pretty ordinary. We have no chance, hopefully we put up a fight though.

Members online

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7