The back page

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Theirs this prick who was on the back page tonight who was F**king paying out Brett oh the poor little girl was raped ff's and he was paying out the Manly supporters also he can go and F**k him self as far as I'm concerned.

Sorry but I've F**king had all this Manly bashing S**t and get the F**k off our backs you F**king pricks.

i was listening to the Preview and Gibson was so anti manly. This is the guy that in early 2008 he was praising manly for how they acted in the same hotel. Where he didn't even realise they were there they were that quiet and controlled. What a load of hypocrtical bull****.

Paraphrasing a quote from gibson on Fox sports news. "It was surreal, brett stewart is charged with rape and the manly fans are cheering him as their all conquering hero when he ran onto brookvale."

I remember he was adament about Thorpey not taking drugs? how is this different.

Gibson i used to like, after today, be hard to again.

Yeah Zep it was the bloke that was sitting at the far right of the table he is the younger one of them i think he was the one paying Brett out and the Sea Eagle supporters who went to the game against the Tigers.

I didn't watch it, just saw the preview on the fox sports news... But i pretty sure i know the guy you are talking about, Might be a write for the Courier Mail in Brissy or Melbourne, he certainly isn't Sydney anyway.

Being charged and actually being found guilty are two entirely different things.  He is innocent until proven otherwise and should be treated a such.  

If that is Mike Gibson that you are talking about no doubt he has spent countless hours at the Oaks hotel today as usual before he spoke his words.  

I watched it too.

Wasn't it Paul Kent who was sooo disgusted with the Manly fans, referring to how warm we welcomed him back and how much of a disgrace it was for the 17 yr old alleged victim if she was watching the game.

He also ridiculed Brett thanking the crowd with the hi-5's and being welcomed back as a hero.

Gibson's comment that the charges against Stewart had been 'up'ed' were ridiculous and then he compared Brett to Nick D'arcy and how he was not allowed to compete at all - basiclly saying Stewart shouldn't be playing as the charges were so serious..

Billy was the only rational voice - INNOCENT UNTIL PROVEN GUILTY, and the fact Brett scored 3 tries  - did Kent and Gibson expect no cheers or reaction?/

I was completely taken aback with some of the over the top and ridiculous comments - but after reading some of Kent's biased and unsubstantiated reporting of this case I guess it wasn't all that unexpected....but a joke none the less.
:mad:

Stewart and the Crowd maybe perfectly clear where we all stand in this. 99.9999999999999999% (and i think that has gone up recently) behind Snake.

There is that tiny portion in all of us that thinks brett might be guilty, but as i said it is tiny, and noone realy cares for it.

Be good to see some support like that at the souths game.

Paul Kunt actually labeled Manly fans "defiant", he suggested in general fans "behavior was disgusting", and suggested in general that Manly fans were saying "up yours" to The NRL.

Well, I hope every father who took their sons/daughters to Brookie on the weekend are pleased with themselves.

Kunt has just told me exactly what he thinks of you and your kids. Poor parenting really.   ::)

It's a hard one I see both sides of the coin and can see how they view it that way, imagine IF he did do it and how the victim would feel seeing the ovation he was getting. It's a S**t situation for both parties till its resolved - I'd love to see cases like this fast tracked so they where dealt with within a month.

I'm also surprised most people can / have formed a view on guilt or innocents at all based on the facts the media has released alone and the opinions of someone’s perceived public image.

Ryan link said:
suggested in general that Manly fans were saying \"up yours\" to The NRL.

No suggestion.......it was a royal "fark you Gallop and the horse you rode in on", and deservedly so.

These clowns (Bear Lover Gibson and Kent) still can't differentiate between the sexual assualt charges and the unjust suspension handed down to Brett for code of conduct breach, despite the long list of previous offenders getting off scott free. These pair of morons are guilty of not giving Manly fans enough credit for knowing the difference.  

Once upon a time, people visited church to have others piously preach to them about their deficient morals.  Now we have Reverend Paul Kent and Cardinal Mike Gibson right here in our homes.

Keeping an eye out for those alterboys being screwed then?

Chip & Chase link said:
[quote author=Ryan link=topic=180110.msg219213#msg219213 date=1239717755]
suggested in general that Manly fans were saying \"up yours\" to The NRL.

No suggestion.......it was a royal "fark you Gallop and the horse you rode in on", and deservedly so.

These clowns (Bear Lover Gibson and Kent) still can't differentiate between the sexual assualt charges and the unjust suspension handed down to Brett for code of conduct breach, despite the long list of previous offenders getting off scott free. These pair of morons are guilty of not giving Manly fans enough credit for knowing the difference.  
[/quote]

Beautiful work C&C - totally agree if I could have had a "**** you gallop" banner I would have proudly waved it

While we all love Brett because of what he does for Manly on the football field (and I have heard he helps kids with diabetes too, although am not aware to what extent), you have to look at the situation objectively. Would you give a regular person of the community (or even a footballer from another side) the same level of support? Would you take as much offense to what the media is doing with the story? I'd say not. Obviously one is innocent until proven guilty. But one also has to remember that there is another party to all of this too (the girl's)

Crusher_Cleal link said:
While we all love Brett because of what he does for Manly on the football field (and I have heard he helps kids with diabetes too, although am not aware to what extent), you have to look at the situation objectively. Would you give a regular person of the community (or even a footballer from another side) the same level of support? Would you take as much offense to what the media is doing with the story? I'd say not. Obviously one is innocent until proven guilty. But one also has to remember that there is another party to all of this too (the girl's)

Public and somewhat extraordinary people will forever get a public and extraordinary response, from both sides of any argument

tookey link said:
Being charged and actually being found guilty are two entirely different things.  He is innocent until proven otherwise and should be treated a such.  

If that is Mike Gibson that you are talking about no doubt he has spent countless hours at the Oaks hotel today as usual before he spoke his words.  

I have not seem in there in a while, although I have spotted him on a few occassions at the Nth Sydney Hotel.  I suspect he drinks there now the Oaks has no TAB.

BErKeLEy_eAgLe link said:
vote with your remotes and don't watch them dribble any more

B_e - I agree i didn't even know it was on i was working on my Website i heard Brett Stewart's name so i turned around and then i watched it and heard what they were saying.

Who Actually watches this ****ee. They are all nobodies to the game expressing an opinion, as if the poor little girl would be sitting there watching the game if she was so hurt and depressed by it all, embarrased may be more to the point.
Every one has an opinion and i guess they are free to express it, wether they are wrong or right will never be known, just turn the **** of and dont give them the publicity they so desperately crave.

Gibson is a tired old washed up Bears supporter.  He's hated Manly for ever, and so nothing he says makes any sense.  Brett deserves all the accolades he gets because he is, without doubt, our best footballer.  Manly fans support him because he's a Manly player and is guilty of nothing that I've heard of.  Why fans on this site are sympathetic of his accuser is beyond me.  And I was at the game and there were no fans booing the accuser, rather they cheered our football hero.  And no one louder than my self. 

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7