THE battle for control of Manly has taken a new twist

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Berkeley_Eagle

Current Status: 24/7 Manly Fan
THE battle for control of Manly has taken a new twist after the Penn family entered into secret negotiations to sell their stake in the club.The Sun-Herald can reveal a consortium including co-owner Quantum, major sponsor Kaspersky, fellow sponsor United Resource Management and an undisclosed fourth party tabled a deal about six weeks ago. The initial offer, believed to be worth about $3.5 million, was rejected. There has not been a revised offer tabled at this stage.

Read the full article

I can hear Scott dining his version of the classic song, I just spent six years in a leaky boat.

Matabele said:
Will there be a buyout of their interest in the Leagues Club too?

Why would they sell out of the leagues club.
I am told they get 6500,ooo from them. 300,000 from the new gym and 100,000 from the pool a year.
Thats over 1mil a year and they paid 7.5 mil for the building.
They have not paid for the car park yet as they have an option for another 5 years. A good return on there money as I see it.

This would be great! I was always hoping Kaspersky would like the club so much that it would want to invest further!! They are a company which would inject so much money into winning and being successful in every area of the club. URM are also a huge company and have owners who love the team. Quantum have showed by buying in what their ideas are and do hear they are loaded (through other investments) 4th party is Pirtek??? another loaded up entity.

These things take time to process and I imagine Penn is playing hard ball as he probably sees a golden parachute with Kaspersky and URM. Could be an interesting summer off the field!!

lovefooty said:
Matabele said:
Will there be a buyout of their interest in the Leagues Club too?

Why would they sell out of the leagues club.
I am told they get 6500,ooo from them. 300,000 from the new gym and 100,000 from the pool a year.
Thats over 1mil a year and they paid 7.5 mil for the building.
They have not paid for the car park yet as they have an option for another 5 years. A good return on there money as I see it.

Smart business if you can get it. I just figure if they are bought out of the FC then they'd also want them out of the LC or the bickering might continue?

This is just one side of the story I guess (the SMH) version, look for a contradicting story in the DT soon.

• 👍
Reactions: Rex
DSM5 said:
If the Penns go, does that mean the end for Melonhead?

Who is Melonhead? Byso :)

Zorba will still be involved in the Leagues/Footy club so I reckon it is pretty premature to predict his demise at this stage.

The Wheel said:
DSM5 said:
If the Penns go, does that mean the end for Melonhead?

Who is Melonhead? Byso :)

Zorba will still be involved in the Leagues/Footy club so I reckon it is pretty premature to predict his demise at this stage.

I didn't see him at the awards night...he was probably at the Bulldogs awards night, licking their coaches butt.

Zorba is on the way out if this happens....the whole lot.....gooooorne

He will go to the dogs as Media manager.....ha ha ha.....Should have Greenturd on KPI's by next monday

Evertything we think about and everything we talk about (behind closed doors) gets tipped out for the media....Not Toovey....Not Perry....just someone

The Penns would still have a seat on the board with their Leagues Club ownership.

I'd be fine with this, and the more owners we have, the safer we'll be I feel. No issues like Newcastle are having, and if it's an International Company like Kaspersky, I'd get the council to try and sell Brookie Oval to them as well. Might get the upgrade we need.

Frogz said:
Zorba is on the way out if this happens....the whole lot.....gooooorne

He will go to the dogs as Media manager.....ha ha ha.....Should have Greenturd on KPI's by next monday

Zorba has been on trial for a media relations role at the Bulldogs. His first assignment was Mad Monday.

Jono said:
The Penns would still have a seat on the board with their Leagues Club ownership.

I'd be fine with this, and the more owners we have, the safer we'll be I feel. No issues like Newcastle are having, and if it's an International Company like Kaspersky, I'd get the council to try and sell Brookie Oval to them as well. Might get the upgrade we need.

Even though they own the Leagues Club, they do not represent the Leagues Club,they are merely the landlords in a commercial situation.

The media in this country is a joke. I'm not taking any sides here and am so sick of it I don't care who gets control, but the only relevant information is that there has been tabled an offer by the non-Penn aligned faction to get rid of them. Yet the headline in the Sun-Herald was Penns want out, followed by the denigrating "entered into secret negotiations". Phtt!

Nothing against Max either but he can't help himself. Funny how he didn't mention Grant Mayer or perhaps that didn't happen.

As others have said we can now wait for the Ritchie/Zorb counter-headlines.

We all dream of winning Lotto and helping our club by putting up a stake. With this lot you would seriously have to reconsider that decision.

Another off season, another set of "board issues / battle for control"....does it ever change??

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6