The Bears & Manly

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Ryan

Journey Man
The Bears & Manly

I was watching The Bears play Cronulla last night in a 99 Classic replay match on Fox, and %$#@ me dead they were a droll, boring team to watch - I just never realised ! Their playing roster was just terrible.

Straight after that game, there was a 99 Classic replay Manly vs. Melbourne game @ Brookie on, and it was MUCH better and enjoyable to watch - and as I wasn't a Manly fan at the time, probably didn't notice, but a couple of things:-

1. How good was Nic Kosef !
2. How good was D Gartner !
3. Who the **** were Hayden and Brown ! LoL
4. Beaver is just a true legend (but I knew that as my time as a Manly fan later)
5. Tooves was a mean little mofo !
6. Owen Cunningham was built low to the ground (know how he feels), but he was a gun !
7. Peter Sharpe made some really, REALLY poor coaching decisions ! Lyons on the bench - with those 1/2's - LoL
8. Oh, and Cliffy Lyons - he definitely DOES live up to his great reputation.

But after watching the two games after each other - made you think. The Manly brand was just a much better, more saleable, more enjoyable to watch product by a long way.  ;D

Re: The Bears & Manly

I watched that game. Wow. What a team. Hayden. Brown. Frew. King. Adamson (hold the f*cking ball you dolt). Damien Driscoll. Deadset superstars everywhere.

Hoppa had a good game though. And Beaver was quality all over. Broke through three tackles to stroll over next to the posts.

I know it looks bad when you see our halves and then you see Tooves at hooker and Cliffy on the bench, but Cliffy was about 40 in '99 and had bloody come out of retirement already!

The thing that pissed me off most about that game (aside from seeing a Manly team that was absolutely stacked with nevilles), was that it was Noddy who tore us apart. He was all over us. Two tries, about five line-breaks and the match-winning field goal.... Ouch.

[img=400x257]http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/photos/uncategorized/2008/08/22/dead_bear_killed_and_poached.jpg[/img]

The Eagles Vs Storm game was great to watch Ryan. Seeing the beaver score and carry a few over the line brought back memories. They game has certainly changed pace in the last 10 years.

Oh good,so im not the only one who has no idea who our 6 and 7 were..
Is there any reason they can't play a classic manly game we actually win?? So far we have the 97 gf,the raiders game we got run down,now this one.
Takes a bit of the enjoyment out knowing we lose all thegames there showing.

I couldn't believe how much slower the game was looking back at it either.

Lol i remember actually hoping Adam Hayden would make it, I liked him for some reason.

we got Hayden from the Roosters and he had a big rap on him at one stage and Brown came for Newcastle with Sharpe. Brown I had no time for but Hayden played some good games but could never take the next step up. I think he is still playing in the Qld Cup.

We had the best backrowers ever then in Kosef Gartner & Menzies. They were awesome. Lyons was playing on old legs in 99 but could still throw a pass to put Torrens in for a try.

I found about 15 Videos of manly games of the early to mid 90's which bring back some memorys. My son keeps watching them but cant understand most the rulings back then.. 

BErKeLEy_eAgLe link said:
[img=400x257]http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/photos/uncategorized/2008/08/22/dead_bear_killed_and_poached.jpg[/img]
  That's not a North Sydney bear.  Not decayed enough.

I always thought Andrew King was a good player and wished he'd stayed with us. Turned out his brother Matt would be much better, of course, but not for us:-(

Andrew King threw one of the best no look passes that lead to a Garnter try around about that same period. I was right behind the goal post that day in Brookie. Superb!

Matabele link said:
[quote author=BErKeLEy_eAgLe link=topic=182191.msg247795#msg247795 date=1261190078]
[/quote]

Agree the Blow Flies are all over the North Sydney Bear

The Wheel link said:
[quote author=Matabele link=topic=182191.msg247816#msg247816 date=1261262524]
[quote author=BErKeLEy_eAgLe link=topic=182191.msg247795#msg247795 date=1261190078]
[/quote]

Agree the Blow Flies are all over the North Sydney Bear
[/quote]

It has the same pose as a girl you used to know.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4