THE BEAVER MOMENTS

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Bearfax

Grizzly old fart
Of course you all remembered that it was Steve Menzies 40th Birthday today (4 December 2013). One special moment of celebration and
reflection for the BEAVER.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY BEAVER. THANKS FOR COMING BACK TO THE CLUB. WE NEED YOUR SANITY UP TOP.

What I love most about Beaver is that even when we have been absolutely despised, opposition fans still loved him. I've had plenty of mates just tell me what a so and so this player is and that player is a mongrel. Oh yeh but Menzies is cool, he can play with us.

He is the embodiment of nice guys finishing first.

Without being too melodramatic, he really doesn't get the credit he deserves as a great of the game....180 tries???? wtf??? And for a forward. That is just off the planet.

So many indelible memories of the holy trinity - Cliffy +The Beaver + Ecstatic Manly Fans :angel:

The last 9 minutes of the 2008 GF encapsulated his 14 years - amazing try and that scything tackle to cut Slater off before he got ideas of ruining the big fat zero on the Scum side of the scoreboard :D

Robbed of a GF try inside the first 15 minutes of the 1995 GF when Terry Lamb, who was on the Manly side of the preceding play the ball, chased him & pulled him down.

Referee gave Lamb 10 in the bin but it was so blatant dog of an act he should have been sent off for good. Same referee then missed a forward pass from Dymock to Price for the Dogs first try.

The early Beaver try would have given the young Manly side a lot of confidence & probably gone on and won.

Soooo many memories, where can you even begin??

Despite his heroics in the 2008 GF, I think you can simply never forget the gazillion (well maybe 100) tries he scored off Cliffy's shoulder, he just used to follow him around like a bad smell and every time he did it was another Beaver Try with a Cliff Lyons Try assist.

Magical to watch!!

and now for all the non members you can join with beaver:

Beaver's message to Sea Eagles fans.

With the return of Club legend Steve Menzies to Sea Eagles HQ, Beaver is calling on Sea Eagles fans to put their money where their heart is. Steve has pulled together a special membership EXCLUSIVELY for fans who have never been Members before and he wants to see everyone help us build the strongest membership base in the NRL!
There is no better way to truly become a part of the Club and Members will have inside access, discounts on tickets and merchandise and a ‘Beavers Back’ key ring to show their Sea Eagles pride.
For just $30 Beavers Back members will receive:
• Membership card
• ‘Beavers Back’ Key Ring
• The Inside Swoop Members only Enews
• 10% discount on Sea Eagles home game tickets
• 10% discount on Sea Eagles merchandise
• Priority purchase periods for SOO, Finals and Grand Final
http://www.seaeagles.com.au/news-display/Member-Update-Beavers-message-to-Sea-Eagles-fans/88357

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7