The Bench

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

The Who

Journey Man
I can't see the value in having just one prop (Rose) and the bench with three backrowers, knowing that our starting backrow (Gift, Choc and Horo) generally play for 80 minutes. It leads to the situation of a backrower such as Gower not being used for an entire 90 minutes.
Because we only seem to regularly rotate our front rowers, surely we should have another prop on our bench, such as the biscuit-boy, Sao.

The Who said:
I can't see the value in having just one prop (Rose) and the bench with three backrowers, knowing that our starting backrow (Gift, Choc and Horo) generally play for 80 minutes. It leads to the situation of a backrower such as Gower not being used for an entire 90 minutes.
Because we only seem to regularly rotate our front rowers, surely we should have another prop on our bench, such as the biscuit-boy, Sao.

Totally agree. I'd love to know the thinking behind it. If Chee Kam was fit would he take Roses spot?

Chee Cam is injured, again, I believe. He also is a backrower.
Rose deserves his spot in the 17. He plays so much better in first grade than he does in the reserves. I've only seen Sao play once this season and he looked a big, no-nonsense prop. Didn't try to do anything other than crash and bash. Perhaps he is not yet mobile enough to play NRL, but a 10-minute stint from the bench couldn't hurt, surely?

I have confidence in what the coaching staff are doing. We are short on Props with Kingy, Joe and Fa'aoso out. To have another prop would have been great but i think Toovs and his team know when Sao will be ready for the NRL. There was no point in using more interchanges for the sake of using the interchanges in the back row.

The Who said:
Rose deserves his spot in the 17. He plays so much better in first grade than he does in the reserves. I've only seen Sao play once this season and he looked a big, no-nonsense prop. Didn't try to do anything other than crash and bash. Perhaps he is not yet mobile enough to play NRL, but a 10-minute stint from the bench couldn't hurt, surely?

Yep saw Chee Kam at the Reggies game at Brookie on Saturday & he had his foot in a moon boot.

George played very well last night. Made his tackles and barged when required. I can't figure out the bench rotation. Not using a pair of fresh legs last night was very puzzling when it was obvious that everyone was stuffed.

Mals said:
The Who said:

Yep saw Chee Kam at the Reggies game at Brookie on Saturday & he had his foot in a moon boot.

The moon boot is off now according to a twitter post from Chee Kam.

I am a bit of a fence sitter on this one

Obviously it is **** for the bloke sitting on the bench, but I understand also why with a game in the balance Glenn and co stay out there for the full 80

Defending our line last night I know I felt a lot more comfortable with Choc and Glenn out there, rather than Gower. That's no slight on Gower but we know the pedigree of the other 2 in that situation and they are vital, as Glenn's hit on Norrie showed

they need to give Sao some first grade experience, otherwise our only good experienced prop next year will be Lawrence. Unfortunately they don't have many other options at the moment because most of our good reserve players are out injured.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7