The Bunneis tax-payer funded trip

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

fLIP

UFO Hunter
THEIR owners are millionaires but New South Wales taxpayers will fork out almost $50,000 so South Sydney can play rugby league in the United States.

Acting NSW Premier John Watkins defended the taxpayer-funded grant, arguing it would boost tourism in the lucrative US market.

The Rabbitohs will clash with English Super League team Leeds Rhinos in Jacksonville, Florida, in a pre-season match on January 26.

The Bunnies will wear the sydneyaustralia.com.au logo when they take on the Super League champions at Hodges Stadium.

Captain Roy Asotasi said the players feel no pressure as a result of the club's high profile and sponsorship deluge under owners Peter Holmes a Court and Russell Crowe.

The pressure comes from within, the prop told The Daily Telegraph.

"Last year we were just sort of feeling our way and it was trial and error," Asotasi said.

"It was good to make the finals but next year I don't know about top eight. We probably should be looking at top four.

That would be one of the worst ways to spend 50 grand to promote a city. A week before Super Bowl is a challenging idea (however SB is all anyone will be interested in) and a 9k capacity stadium in Florida is hardly going to be headline news in the US.

If they wanted to be serious about this why don't they take Souths with 2 or 3 of the biggest Draw Cards in the NRL like Sonny Bill Williams and let Leeds do the same with the ESL Draw Cards.

If they wanted to be serious about this why don't they take Souths with 2 or 3 of the biggest Draw Cards in the NRL like Sonny Bill Williams and let Leeds do the same with the ESL Draw Cards.
Probably because their home teams would not want to risk injury to their star players who they are playing good money for and also if they are injured then it could damage the teams chances of making the finals. I know that I would be pretty peeved if Manly lent a few of our stars to Souths & they got injured and blew our chance for the year.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6