The Common Tatters

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Never have I been so close to throwing something anything at the telly as I was listening to the dribble tonight

I expected at one stage a throw to Cartwright to see Ikin humping his leg.

There must be a secret push for Cartwright to be the next origin coach.

Gould was his usual fwit self singing Cartwrights praises at every opportunity.

Dickhead rabbits even pushed for Friend to get man of the match, just because Jack Gibson once said the greatest play of the day was Paul Mears stoping a runaway try from getting scored near the posts and Friend did the same.

Warren comment was Manly through some fortuitus play got to the front, FFS we won by 20.

Does anyone else think that every second Titans pass leading up to their 2nd try looked forward

ok rant over go the Eagles.

i thought friend was great and cartwright got a great effort out of the troops he had available tonight.

I also agreed with them that it was a very entertaining game

funny lines heard tonight
Gus saying don't leave the lounge to get a biscuit
from Rabs, about "Preston could play the piano with his feet" was a good one imo
williams the wolfman howling at the moon
Matty Johns saying there may be some nervous cows on the northern beaches

Funny how Gould was singing the praises of the game and the staduim all night. 

Obviously being outed from the sunday roast because of his negative comments has had an effect.  he is a tool like Hadley whose opinion is whatever he is told to say. 

I could tell we were in a long night from the commentators when 80% of the pre-game show focused on the Titans.

UP, the pass for their second try was probably flat at worse, but hands down forward pass of the night was after Rogers' chip down the left in the first half, where the winger picked it up and ran inside. He passed it from about 25 metres out and the other Titan caught it on the 20 metre line. Lucky he dropped it cos I would've been spewing if they awarded it a try.

Matas sent me a message 10 before kick off. "Are the Titans the only game playing tonight?"

The other thing is if Williams had looked over and seen friends, stopped on his right foot and stepped to his left he would have been under the post.

Liek the sign said
"everyone hates us and we don't care"

Gould saying that Brett had a poor Origin series and did nothing was what did me. Had he not played game 2 NSW would have lost by 50. He just never had a five-eighth who could put him in a gap or run a second man play.

Canteen Worker link said:
Gould saying that Brett had a poor Origin series and did nothing was what did me. Had he not played game 2 NSW would have lost by 50. He just never had a five-eighth who could put him in a gap or run a second man play.

Yeah that got my hackles up. For mine Stewart was top 3 if not man of the match in Origin 1, best NSW player in Origin 2, and ripped off by the most abysmal coaching decisions in origin 3

lol i love rewatchingf this game... it is at 62min just before the game leading try...

Sterlo is, i would want to be on the titans team, they are going to win this game.... LoL Tool!!

Just on Glen stewart, he is the forgotten man in this commentary box. It is funny, he is playing as good as he ever did, more consistent and because of that he is never mentioned. Not one word on the awesomeness of kite either. Sad. If they ever read this forum! Manly players you are appreciated!, commentators learn a bigger vocabulary than just SBW, Lockyer, Thurston, Friend, anasta, pearce and KHunt

Williams had one of the biggest plays of the game and his career and all the common tatters can do is talk about friend, who could have tackled williams if he had something between his ears?? FFS

Zep 100% right that try was amazing, it showed just how good some of our players are. Brilliant. I have given up on refs and the NRL

we won despite the ref once again.

We will win it this year

As the sign that girl was holding tonight
(on channel nine) said "NOBODY LIKES US BUT WE DON'T CARE"

The "I LOVE BEAVER" one cracked me up as well.

again,we have anti manly commentating by those bogans at channel 9.once manly killed the game off,stirlo changes his tune and says how the loss of prince,bailey blah blah blah.
bells try going to refs call?wtf?the ref only went to the video cos he knew it was a try but was hoping that the video ref found something wrong with it,to no avail.
the way that johns,gould and stirlo seem to base their commentating by "coaching against manly.eg,the titans need to do this or that.friends chase to stop the try being scored closer to the posts,instead of how good williams is.
channel 9 need to get rid of these 'experts' and bring in a new team.
warren,stirlo & gould are tiring us whilst johns is a knuckle head,not to mention his mentally unstable junkie brother

Dan link said:
[quote author=Canteen Worker link=topic=177795.msg188905#msg188905 date=1215177964]

Yeah that got my hackles up. For mine Stewart was top 3 if not man of the match in Origin 1, best NSW player in Origin 2, and ripped off by the most abysmal coaching decisions in origin 3
[/quote]

That had me swearing at the TV, too. Gould must have a hard-on for Gidley, basically saying Brett was a good club player who couldn't translate his form to Origin. Couldn't get involved, he said. If I'm not mistaken he scored one try and set up another in Origin 1, stopped a thousand Queensland raids in Origin 2 and didn't really play in Origin 3. How is that a poor series?

Dan link said:
Zep 100% right that try was amazing, it showed just how good some of our players are. Brilliant. I have given up on refs and the NRL

We will win it this year

5th  :p

DVS Matt link said:
[quote author=Dan link=topic=177795.msg188913#msg188913 date=1215179142]

We will win it this year

From 5th :)

5th  :p
[/quote]

I think you guys are misreading Goulds comments on Brett

The way i took it, he wasn't saying that Brett was poor, rather that watching those tries he scored, showed that the way Bellamy used him was poor, because he hardly got him involved and used as a weapon, as Manly do

yeah i was 50/50 on gould comments. They just didn't use him properly because the entire NSW team is full of ball hogs... i can't remember one incident where Cooper or either winger got the ball from a Set move. The only player in that team who has the right the be a hogger of balls is Gasnier. NOT 1 attacking kick was directed for stewart, not 1 center field bomb. not 1 play to create space for him to score out wide. He is the most prolific try scorer if u know how to use him.

BTW gould is a tool

Fluffy link said:
i thought friend was great and cartwright got a great effort out of the troops he had available tonight.

I also agreed with them that it was a very entertaining game

I thought it was really scrappy.  Can't for the life of me work out what their agenda was last night.  But you can bet there was one.

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6
6 3 3 -13 6