The day after...live from Melbourne

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Mark from Brisbane

“ Boomer still Booming”
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Despite the result a great weekend was had by the MWTS group.

Many went down Friday with a good number turning up at the Limerick Arms Hotel on Friday night (the only place in Melbourne to watch the football from).

Lunch on Saturday was the Elephant and Wheelbarrow Hotel where a large group turned up for a few beers, a few cheers and of course some lunch.

The official pre game function was at Rydges hotel and then off to AAMI Park.

First impressions....wish we had it at Brookvale, an absolute state of the art football stadium, great facilities, and a good view of the ground from just about everywhere.

Smallish crowd last night (a surprise for the first game of the season), I think abiout 14,000...the whole upper level across from us was vacant.

Good atmosphere, some vocal fans and a barmy night made it a good start.

We scored first and the Travelling Supportahs were in fine voice...but that's about where it ended.

Still we had a great night and that is mostly what matters.

Good to have DSM5 on board and many of the regular posters on here, My Bluedog, Bones, Jonesey, Jbb,SER08, Vidmar to name a few.

Just at the airport and about to fly home, saw the boys, Jamie is the main drama could be a week, could be 4.

Bring on the Roosters

Post  automatically merged: [time]1299975700[/time]

And meant to add that (albeit briefly) I saw Clontaggo and the Gronk out the front of AAMI...I was hoping they'd come over to Bay 10 but missed them for the rest of the night...maybe they left early!!

Mark from Brisbane link said:
Despite the result a great weekend was had by the MWTS group.

Many went down Friday with a good number turning up at the Limerick Arms Hotel on Friday night (the only place in Melbourne to watch the football from).

Lunch on Saturday was the Elephant and Wheelbarrow Hotel where a large group turned up for a few beers, a few cheers and of course some lunch.

The official pre game function was at Rydges hotel and then off to AAMI Park.

First impressions....wish we had it at Brookvale, an absolute state of the art football stadium, great facilities, and a good view of the ground from just about everywhere.

Smallish crowd last night (a surprise for the first game of the season), I think abiout 14,000...the whole upper level across from us was vacant.

Good atmosphere, some vocal fans and a barmy night made it a good start.

We scored first and the Travelling Supportahs were in fine voice...but that's about where it ended.

Still we had a great night and that is mostly what matters.

Good to have DSM5 on board and many of the regular posters on here, My Bluedog, Bones, Jonesey, Jbb,SER08, Vidmar to name a few.

Just at the airport and about to fly home, saw the boys, Jamie is the main drama could be a week, could be 4.

Bring on the Roosters

Post  automatically merged: [time]1299975700[/time]

And meant to add that (albeit briefly) I saw Clontaggo and the Gronk out the front of AAMI...I was hoping they'd come over to Bay 10 but missed them for the rest of the night...maybe they left early!!

good to hear. There was a close up shot of Sundance not looking happy at all. Funny, my mate that had only met him once was the one who shouted 'hey that's the train driver bloke"!!lol

Good to see the "My Garden Shed" banner get a run.  The cameras focused lovingly on Vidmar for a while too.  He was eating sandwiches.

I was sitting next to Sundance and his big hat, thought that would get a run at some stage. There were lots of banners but not many shown on TV

I had a great time.  I certainly recommend the group to all.  The post-game discussion back at Rydges was very good.  The game?  No doom and gloom.  We'll be better for the run.   

I'd agree with that, DCE was nervous, and that was to be expected, he'll be better in round 2.

I was sitting next to Sundance and his big hat, thought that would get a run at some stage. There were lots of banners but not many shown on TV

They didn't run the '07 and '09 Premierships Rings one for some strange reason....

Matabele link said:
Good to see the \"My Garden Shed\" banner get a run.  The cameras focused lovingly on Vidmar for a while too.  He was eating sandwiches.

Yep, the camera loves me...

We didn't need to eat at the ground because, as usual, Mark did a fantastic job with the catering at the pre-match get together at the hotel (Mind you the calamari was a trap for new players!)

Very much needed as we were stuck at Sydney with a broken plane for 3 hours on the way down including 45 mins on the tarmac with no power or air con so the plan for yum cha in Chinatown in MLB had to be revised.

The heavy storm as we were leaving and the soaking we got heading to terminal 4 was a pain as we lefty but still, a top weekend, great fun and well worth the trip despite the "adventures", dissapointing result and injuries the boys picked up. 

So Mark didn't control the weather for you. Typical bloody travel agents, only doing half the job

It may surprise you but there are SOME things I can't control, the weather and the team performance to name two of them!

A great weekend was had by all

Allthough it was a bit 'swetty' having to sit between JBB & Ant...........

Ant80 link said:
[quote author=Mybludog link=topic=186834.msg323491#msg323491 date=1300176044]
A great weekend was had by all

Allthough it was a bit 'swetty' having to sit between JBB & Ant...........

You make most people hot and 'swetty' mate hahahaha
[/quote]

OK ant,TMI!Talk like that will make me glad I didn't go down to Melb.....lol

It may surprise you but there are SOME things I can't control, the weather and the team performance to name two of them!

I never have performance issues.

hey i was pinged in between scotty( not the real scotty but that bloody newcastle version and russ.) Must have pasd about 25 cents for that seat)It was noisy especially my left ear, had an obstructed view and its own weather

I got up for a stretch and it sounded like someone undoing a roll of gaffa tape

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4