The Dog-gone offsider

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

HappilyManly

Journey Man
SEA Eagles coach Geoff Toovey is looking for a new assistant after Kelly Egan became the latest staff member heading to the Bulldogs for next season.

News of his right-hand man’s departure plans was the last thing Toovey needed to hear following his elevation to the top job.

Egan was set to move to Belmore in 2013, but with confirmation that Des Hasler will coach Canterbury next year Egan has decided on an earlier switch.

He informed Toovey of his decision on Monday and insisted there was no pressure from either Hasler or the Bulldogs club to go.

A quiet achiever at the Sea Eagles, Egan will finish at Narrabeen on Friday week before starting as assistant coach of the Bulldogs just three days later.

“When Des got the appointment over there, from a professional point of view it made sense to be involved in the coaching staff right from the onset,” Egan told the Manly Daily, admitting it was an extremely tough decision to leave the Sea Eagles after three years.

He wrestled with the situation over last weekend when he learnt Hasler was taking the top job at Canterbury right away.

“Obviously (it was tough) because of the relationship I have with Tooves and the young players we have been working with here for the past couple of years here,” Egan said.

“And (chairman) Scott Penn and (COO) Dave Perry have been pretty up front all along with the way they’ve treated me in negotiations.”

He said Toovey was disappointed when he broke the news that he was leaving.

“We work pretty well together and have put a fair bit of stuff together already going into next year,” Egan said. “It was probably a bit of a let-down for him and you don’t feel great about doing it.

“It was just one of those unfortunate timing issues.”

Egan believes the Sea Eagles will still be a force in next year’s premiership.

“They have a good playing group and have quality players across all key positions,” he said.

“You don’t win grand finals unless you have players performing well in key positions and they certainly have that.”
---------------------------------------------------
http://manly-daily.whereilive.com.au/sport/story/the-dog-gone-offsider/
Sorry, but I did try the Submit article and nothing seems to have appeared :huh:

2V is all alone :s lets hope that he has a better day today :heart:

Might as well go now. So will Cliffy get the assistant job? Any other contenders around? Poor Jim Dymock. Has he just been pushed down to water boy?

Players get poached. Occasionally a coach gets poached, but never in the way it just happened.

But poaching support staff?

They must have nothing going on over there. Or they just sacked staff to be replaced by staff from another club.

What a Canterbury act!

Jim Dymock = SHAFTED!!

Par for the course at the Bulldogs. This is how TG and the Bulldogs treat their favourite sons.

This would be the equivalent of giving Des half a season in 2004 and then Manly signing Phil Gould or Wayne Bennett to take over, then demoting Hasler to assistant, then signing Gould or Bennett's assistant and demoting Hasler again to [insert job title here for the ex-player who hangs around and has nothing to do].

Maybe the Manly Board doesn't look so bad now....

As I have said several times I'd like to see Dennis Moore back. very astute, and left after 2008 (so I hear) because he couldn't get on well with Des. Was there for our 2007-08 Grand Finals and is well thought of in the organisation.

I'd then bring Cliffy in as "water boy" and halves coach, with Beaver later in the year after he finishes his last year with the Dragons in France.

Mark from Brisbane said:
As I have said several times I'd like to see Dennis Moore back. very astute, and left after 2008 (so I hear) because he couldn't get on well with Des. Was there for our 2007-08 Grand Finals and is well thought of in the organisation.

I'd then bring Cliffy in as "water boy" and halves coach, with Beaver later in the year after he finishes his last year with the Dragons in France.

Dennis Moore would be a good assistant-and yes he knows the place well. I had many good chats with Dennis last time he was here-he was friendly and always happy to engage.
But I think they will look to someone more career coach minded. as suggested in another thread, Matt Parish would be an excellent choice.

quinny said:
Mark from Brisbane said:

Dennis Moore would be a good assistant-and yes he knows the place well. I had many good chats with Dennis last time he was here-he was friendly and always happy to engage.
But I think they will look to someone more career coach minded. as suggested in another thread, Matt Parish would be an excellent choice.

Get Orford in to assist,2 of the best halfbacks that played for us,Tooves is obviously the best, them the bears will have a ready made coach (i don't wish them to be out forever like most of you,i know what team death is all about, thankfully ours came back to life)

Nathan Brown, Kevin Moore, Matthew Johns?, Brett Kenny, Phil Blake and David Fairleigh are around and might take the role

I would love to see Cliffy and Beaver involved as heavily as possible asap. Imagine how motivating that would be to youngsters coming through to know two legends of the game will be looking after their futures.

Time for Tooves to be given the reigns, surely he should get a say in who steps in & who he will work well with. No doubt imo the little champion has plenty of ideas up those sleeves.

Haslers poaching of staff just proves that he has no confidence in his coaching ability with out surrounding himself with the people who made him successful.

because we are rebuilding i would like to get someone who is manly to the bone there ,not someone looking to get some credit and jump ship for a better opportunity when it pops up,we need passionate manly men running the ship now not dollar driven bastards

Got to say i feel sorry for Jim Dymock, did the hard work last year as interim coach qnd signed to be head coach this year and then not only gets shafted from the head coach role but also the assistant, so whats his role now? I can only see turmoil building inside the Dogs as this season progresses, will get ugly.

Phoenix said:
Haslers poaching of staff just proves that he has no confidence in his coaching ability with out surrounding himself with the people who made him successful.

I thought the exact same thing.
Would expect Hasler will be under a stack of pressure at the Dogs - would not like to be in his shoes.

Orford would want the negotiations to go into 2017, demand more than Hasler is getting, and would leave after 3 months for a bigger offer somewhere else. His aim is to go to more clubs than John Ibrahim. :)

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe
Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
5 4 1 23 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 14 8
7 4 3 -18 8
6 3 2 21 7