The Dogs

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Rambo1987

Bencher
Lets see how Dessie goes now the Dogs have lost a few games and the pressure gets him. I remember 2009 when we hit a hole he wouldn't make changes and he stuck to the same 17. The Dogs rely on their forwards putting players into gaps.

Both of today's game proved you need quality 1/2 & 5/8 to make it. The Rabbits just toyed with the Dogs and Broncs made a comback but once the possession evened up it was over.

If we beat them next week they will have a hell of a hard time to make the top 4.

And remember in 2009 also that we got up to 5th which would have been top 4 if not for Cecchin, eventually being knocked out by the cheats

They have some forwards unavailable at the moment too. They'll improve at full strength.

They are capable of improvement but I like the sound of 1 from 5, so we must win next week. Regardless of the quality of the outfit, that is a poor start that adds pressure to them. Oh well, we know Dessie wanted the challenge, haha.

they should improve with canninbal but thats awhile away !!! but it shows how when Des left he went out of his way to get Foran. cause he knew that the scumdogs didnt have a 1/2,5/8.. its just pot luck that mini grub reynolds has showed some guts , but all that chicken leg needs a good hit .

there 1 & 3 now and hopfully we can do them next week..

inu 4 weeks mininum , it just gets better !!!

i got a life banned last year on their forums .. there members were going on how Manly were grubs , i compared that to canninbal graham , got banned straight away !!!!
the joys of coming 2nd in a grand final only able to score 1 try !!!! LOL
hate the dogs

They have played the best 2 sides in the comp so far with a host of players out.Nearly beat the Storm away and I thought they hung in well yesterday given Souths were sensational and they lost all direction around the ruck when Ennis left the field.That was a quality game and to be honest our effort in Gosford was ordinary at best.Close to the worst game of footy this year.A quality side would have killed us off by half time.The tigers are bottom four material.

Add Graham and Kasiano and give Barba a couple of games to fine tune and they will be in it up to their ears.I think Des would have been happier than Tooves with their efforts this week.Next week will be real tough and our first big test.We always lift for these big games and we will need to.The ball control in the first half of the last 2 games wont cut it next week.

susan said:
They have played the best 2 sides in the comp so far with a host of players out.Nearly beat the Storm away and I thought they hung in well yesterday given Souths were sensational and they lost all direction around the ruck when Ennis left the field.That was a quality game and to be honest our effort in Gosford was ordinary at best.Close to the worst game of footy this year.A quality side would have killed us off by half time.The tigers are bottom four material.

Add Graham and Kasiano and give Barba a couple of games to fine tune and they will be in it up to their ears.I think Des would have been happier than Tooves with their efforts this week.Next week will be real tough and our first big test.We always lift for these big games and we will need to.The ball control in the first half of the last 2 games wont cut it next week.

susan valid points made !!!

however against storm that slater incident changed the game around and i think storm were cruising the whole game , until it became competitive.
against souths they had no spark , and i believe souths contolled the game..

but saying that the dogs at full strength will be alot better , their barba decoy plays of last year wont work as easy this year , because of the rule and coaches have caught on ...so they need plan B

p.s - that dogs run around ( under the posts ) that worked 3/4 times last year with the prop/ennis went no where yesterday..

yep Panash,no doubt they will need to come up with a few more tricks as you say.Dont worry,i rate us highly and to be honest I always worry when we play ordinary sides like Thursday night.We will turn up for sure next week,will it be enough?Not sure but can't wait.

One thing for sure is there are only 4 chances this year.I hate to admit it but I really fear the bunnies-that pack is awesome at the moment and Inglis is scary.

susan said:
yep Panash,no doubt they will need to come up with a few more tricks as you say.Dont worry,i rate us highly and to be honest I always worry when we play ordinary sides like Thursday night.We will turn up for sure next week,will it be enough?Not sure but can't wait.

One thing for sure is there are only 4 chances this year.I hate to admit it but I really fear the bunnies-that pack is awesome at the moment and Inglis is scary.

i dont doubt you rate us highly ( were looking good & im impressed so far )
i agree , with the bunnies..

going on the first 4 rounds we should beat the dogs !!!! but it will bother me if we lose to them !!!

Hopefully the bunnies forwards are worn out come round 26 otherwise they will be a genuine threat.

On the kennel they want all their players to change their names to Billy Slater so they don't get suspended at the judicary.
And the trex hate overthere is awesome.

susan said:

Our defense last week was impeccable . No side would have scored against us . We turned over a lot of ball but we did not roll over one single point and that says something . Our defense is the most punishing in the comp and we will send Barba back to rehab. Des is not happy when his team loses . Toovey will add to his sadness when we smash the dogs next week . We will be favourites for this game and rightly so .

Don't know about the Dogs draw getting any easier. Next 3 weeks - Manly, Rorters and Sharks. In alot of trouble IMO. By the time they get all their players back on deck it could be too late for a top 4 spot. What a shame.

My concern about next week is that the big lazy oath will be motivated about playing manly and will actually show some of his potential.

I thought EbC was pretty average and well contained by souths.

The Dogs will win the comp this year imo. They have looked good in losses against the Storm and Rabbits, and that is without some of their better players. They will only improve and with the hunger from last years defeat they will go one better.

RL Gronk said:
My concern about next week is that the big lazy oath will be motivated about playing manly and will actually show some of his potential.

I thought EbC was pretty average and well contained by souths.

Uv got nothing to worry about Gronk, Trex will be MIA next week. Hel dog it for sure, pardon the pun. He will be targeted in defence and will have no petrol left when they've got the ball. Foz and DCE will have a field day sending traffic his way. Can't wait!!!

Garts said:
The Dogs will win the comp this year imo. They have looked good in losses against the Storm and Rabbits, and that is without some of their better players. They will only improve and with the hunger from last years defeat they will go one better.
IMO i believe the honeymoon period is over for the dogs . A loser only looks as good as a loser for mine . Barba can run but has proven to be very vulnerable with the high ball and defensively is crap. They also lack a class half back and without one it is very hard to win the comp .

I have heard that Barba is vulnerable under the high ball but he went ok last year and yesterday I do not recall him dropping one. Agree that they lack a class half but they way they use Barba negates that issue. Although if someone finds away to shut him down then they are pushing sh!t uphill but until then they are right in it, especially with their pack.

Members online

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4