The Domino Affect...

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

gg2309

Rookie
Hi All,

While I've followed the sea eagles for 30 years I'm a newby to this site. I was compelled to write my thoughts so here we go...

The domino affect..

Manly win the comp (40 nil).....
Pressure then builds up for WCC....
The bomdshell...Penn/Mayer/Peter v's Delmege war..
Manly go to England and win WCC...
Launch goes well....untill
Watmough and Stewart stuff it all up....

So why is at domino affect...well its simple. No matter how good your front office is...if the back is not in order...you don't make progress.

Think about and work backwards...If Mayer and Peter had not left early from the launch..then there is a good chance the boys would have been home safely..If the boardroom war wasn't going on..then Mayer and Peters would have not had to leave early and avoid Delmege...and so on...

It makes me very sad to see this happening to my beloved Sea Eagles and especially at a time when other clubs not only envy us...but fear us.

Lets hope that things work out as needed...especially for Brett.

very true....one big problem is from a club perspective, we put all of our fullback eggs in the Stewart Basket and the cupboard is pretty dry for backups!

Maybe hoppa needs to start earning his 100k early on

Effect.

By the way where was the minder that the club had on the payroll ??

Dan link said:
very true....one big problem is from a club perspective, we put all of our fullback eggs in the Stewart Basket and the cupboard is pretty dry for backups!

Maybe hoppa needs to start earning his 100k early on

on the wing maybe

If Stewart was sacked down the line IF he is found guilty I would imagine the $$$ it would free up would allow us to get a suitable replacement.

for mine there is only 1 NRL fullback as good as brett, that is slater, and i could never be loyal to him

Dan link said:
for mine there is only 1 NRL fullback as good as brett, that is slater, and i could never be loyal to him

Agreed but we might be able to buy two very good players, I could never be loyal to Brett if he was convicted.

Dan link said:

A big NO THANKS to Slater. Seeing him in Manly colours would be enough to make you want to

missing_something link said:
[quote author=Dan link=topic=179488.msg210497#msg210497 date=1236678431]

Agreed but we might be able to buy two very good players, I could never be loyal to Brett if he was convicted.
[/quote]

I still wouldn't believe it even if Brett was convicted. The only way that I would believe is if he came out and admitted that he did it.

lets all wait until he has his day in court.

Lets face the fact the statement innocent until proven guilty is a myth in this country.

Just ask those ****s at News ltd and fairFuxwit

F*** it's depressing talking about this stuff on this forum 3 days out from the new season.

statistically it's really hard to prove a sexual assault charge in court. of course that also means the stigma often sticks to 'not guilty' results (see how the press reported Laffranchi's 'insufficient evidence' type result), and even investigations ending up with no charge (bulldogs as latest in a long line of these).

point is the catastrophe has happened from a manly team point of view. I'm hoping dessie will get club backing to show a consistent response to this, the players will pull their heads in and stay as under the radar as they can, and the media storm will blow until the next scandal comes along.....

IF it all went balls up for Stewart, then wouldn't Manly sign Robbo at fullback and have Williams on the wing and Bani on the other?
I read Slater is about to sign another 4 yrs at Storm soon anyways. 

This is all speculation from every side, we won't know anything until trial

Just quietly I think the scandal could of been handled better by the club

What was going to be gained by Max going on air on the weekend to defend Choc? It is crisis management 101 (my work involves a fair amount of PR) to have a single contact point to control the "message"

As it is there should be one contact point for the media etc....

missing_something link said:
... I could never be loyal to Brett if he was convicted.

Conviction does not equal truth of guilt.  It just means that people selected to form an opinion have formed an opinion. 

For example, if Brett Stewart went to a court saying "I can't remember", then what chance him being found not guilty, irrespective of his innocence or guilt?

There should be a sign above every court door saying "Justice not found here".

Does anyone know the possible outcomes of a guilty verdict, surely he cant be discarded even if he is found guilty, he has no priors, and a million good refrences of character. If he is sacked or deregistered, surely someone like the roosters or souths would bring him back in via Country league, why should we let him go, support him i say, even persons convicted of heinous crimes are given support to find or reconnect to life. Support him dont sack him if the outcome is negative, which im sure it wont be.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4