The Eels.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

mozgrame

Engorged member
The SMH say that the eels only have $110 000 left under the cap, despite shedding Tonga and Horo. Now they are hoping to offload Willie Tonga and more to fit Folau in. They are trying to arrange 3rd party deals for him.

Question: How many players do you off load to accomadate a single player? Even if you're only getting rid of fringe players, surely you're hurting your depth. And what if folau is injured in round 1 or 2? The whole situation seems crazy.

Heard that the dogs made a massive play for Folau with an offer much higher than parra. Sounds like Hasler and his massively back ended contracts again.

Which leads to another question. How many players should we off load to keep Jamie Lyon. I'd hate to lose that guy.

I would hope the retention of Jamie Lyon is being planned for now. The pick up of all these bargain basement players probably backs that up. Can't see Galuvao playing past next year and there are blokes like George Rose and Vic Mauro coming off contract next year not to mention all of the newly signed players on 1 year contracts.

This will be an exciting year for us i think. Last year we had minimal depth so there wasn't much competition for spots. The blokes who step up will stay and the others will go.

Who knows? Killer might be looking for retirement IF the Esi Tonga experiment goes well. lol

Falou is certainly not worth all those players. He is a good centre yes, no one can deny that, but is he a good centre without the likes of Cronk and Smith helping him out with great kicks etc

Daniel said:
Falou is certainly not worth all those players. He is a good centre yes, no one can deny that, but is he a good centre without the likes of Cronk and Smith helping him out with great kicks etc

Well, he wasn't when he was with the donkeys.

If he wants to play for Parra let him sign on for $110k. if he wants the money then go sign with another club. Simple really.

Jeez I can't wait for the Bulldogs to implode in a few years when "De$ "Bank end" Ha$lers" deals all come up at once. This time last year everyone was on Perry's back, but lets not forget he had to deal with this leftover ****e.

Just think, Greenturd and Ha$ler.....at each other throats....god that will be beautiful to watch.

The NRL need to punt Schubert and have a recognized outside organization do the sums on the cap. There's obviously a number of clubs rorting the system. Quite plain for those that look. Parramatta were always one, along with Easts, Storm, Brisbane and Cows imo.

I would think most supporters from other clubs feel the same about us at the moment

Don't forget in 2014 they will be adding Hopoate in with a hefty pay packet. They will have 4 of the most expensive players on their books. And all backs as well. If Stuart doesn't fix up the joint they will always need to pay overs to entice players.

lsz said:
I would think most supporters from other clubs feel the same about us at the moment
lsz nominated for Devils Advocate Award 2012
Also nominated for Voice of Reason Award. If not awarded, this prize jackpots to 2013.

• 👍
Reactions: PJ
tookey said:
If he wants to play for Parra let him sign on for $110k. if he wants the money then go sign with another club. Simple really.
Schubert has ruled out the possibility of them signing him for 110k.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2