The fairytale is over

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
We played our grand final in Vegas.
We blew our load early. Came too soon. Ejaculated prematurely.
It does not have to be that way feathered friend
We Can Come Again !

Setbacks are all about Great Come backs

Life is one long Fairytale Feathered Friends
So we must Keep Believing and Keep Striving to Keep Achieving
1712040516915.png

Really? We were up 14 nil and lost. Mainly due to errors imo.

Perhaps my expectations are a little higher of our team 🤔
It’s 2024 not 1987

14-0 back in the day would be a guaranteed win.

The pinkies come into play , 4/5 “ 6 agains “ back to back and that 14-0 can suddenly become 14-18 in less than 10 minutes.

I take absolutely ZERO from that statistic.

Happened to the Raiders over the weekend , 18-0 in front and bingo , lost the game .

We did ok in the Eels game , home crowd , home ground advantage , and a dreadful decision went against us .

Yeah we lost , by 4.

Not really a flogging !!

Saturday on the other hand , abysmal.

So we’ve had 1 really bad game.

It’s a long season , let’s see how they respond.

For mine, I still think we could finish anywhere form 4th to 12th

Great assessment.

Staying injury free is a big step in finishing in the top half of that bracket.

The comp isnt really strong, 5 spots are up for grabs in the top 8, and probably only 8 or 9 sides in the mix.

Not many teams aim up 4 weeks in a row these days for a variety of reasons.

The season is a staying test not a sprint.

It’s 2024 not 1987

14-0 back in the day would be a guaranteed win.

The pinkies come into play , 4/5 “ 6 agains “ back to back and that 14-0 can suddenly become 14-18 in less than 10 minutes.

I take absolutely ZERO from that statistic.

Happened to the Raiders over the weekend , 18-0 in front and bingo , lost the game .

We did ok in the Eels game , home crowd , home ground advantage , and a dreadful decision went against us .

Yeah we lost , by 4.

Not really a flogging !!

Saturday on the other hand , abysmal.

So we’ve had 1 really bad game.

It’s a long season , let’s see how they respond.
I hope that’s not the attitude of the players. Giving up 3 tries in 10 minutes is inexcusable for any team with serious designs on being great.

Yes, there were plenty of excuses… Tigers didn’t seem to need them.

Granted, the Eels game was nowhere near as deplorable as that Steelers game, but it was a very inconsistent and worrying showing. Steelers just emphasised issues that surfaced in the Parra game.

That dismal performance on Saturday has shaken my confidence that we can can make a real dent at the business end of the year, we are just too weak defensively to be a real force. No appetite for defence as a club and has been the case for many years now.

That said I still feel our attack is usually pretty good and will win us plenty of games and I even give us a chance of a bounce back this week. Yes the attack was also tragic last week but I doubt that will be the case again this week. It'll carry us to plenty of wins this year.... and hopefully for once the defence comes to the party at last this weekend. I'm expecting a big response.

I hope that’s not the attitude of the players. Giving up 3 tries in 10 minutes is inexcusable for any team with serious designs on being great.

Yes, there were plenty of excuses… Tigers didn’t seem to need them.

Granted, the Eels game was nowhere near as deplorable as that Steelers game, but it was a very inconsistent and worrying showing. Steelers just emphasised issues that surfaced in the Parra game.
Again , let’s not throw the baby out with the bath water after one really poor performance.

If we have the same attitude this Saturday , I’ll join the pity party , but let’s see what happens first .

Again , let’s not throw the baby out with the bath water after one really poor performance.

If we have the same attitude this Saturday , I’ll join the pity party , but let’s see what happens first .
Agree, Mark. I’m still somewhat optimistic (perhaps hopeful), that we are a better team this year and on an upward trajectory. Let’s hope so, mate.

That dismal performance on Saturday has shaken my confidence that we can can make a real dent at the business end of the year, we are just too weak defensively to be a real force. No appetite for defence as a club and has been the case for many years now.

That said I still feel our attack is usually pretty good and will win us plenty of games and I even give us a chance of a bounce back this week. Yes the attack was also tragic last week but I doubt that will be the case again this week. It'll carry us to plenty of wins this year.... and hopefully for once the defence comes to the party at last this weekend. I'm expecting a big response.
Agree with this assessment. It all comes down to defence. If you can’t defend stoically, you WILL NOT win a premiership. You’ll win shoot out games but not finals.

Both the Canberra and Parra coaches were bemoaning how their teams were trying for the "soft win" this week and didn't roll their sleeves up and play tough as required, We know we can certainly add Manly to that list.

These games just happen, and most teams will have weeks where they are not up for the game.

How Manly respond with their performance against Penrith will be telling.

NYEagle
My comments don’t relate to this one game, we have been a weak roster for a decade & all we do is rearrange the deck chairs each season.

Panic stations already going crazy on here. Expect nothing less of silvertails after two losses. But although a dent on confidence, I'll try stay positive and reserve serious judgement on Seibs and the team untill about origin period.

Because the facts is, this is the best roster and top 17 at fully fit that we've had in nearly a decade. The side has what it takes to be a top 8 team and further. To be a contender. We've shown that in the first three rounds. Simply had a serious attitude problem against the dragons and 60 minutes against the Eels. That's what it is with this roster. An attitude problem and an incapabality to play that consistent top level style that we are capable of week-to-week. There is no way you can name 8 better teams on paper than ours when all are fully fit. Seibs got to fix this attitude problem and turn it around.

Every fairytale thread needs a fairy Godmother
Here she is feathered friends
and it ain't over till the fat fairy Godmother sings
1712078967644.png

Those 2 wins over souffs and rorters don't look too impressive now. Last weeks effort along with Parra capitulation starting to make more sense now. It's still Manly of the last decade. Mostly rocks with the rare diamond effort again.

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8
8 4 4 -16 8
8 4 4 -60 8