The Fans on the hill....

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Triple A

They start to sing Westie! Westie!

I think it's about time the fans on the hill from either sides of halfway, the ones that make noise, come together to resemble what that Dragons have put together. Lets be honest, we have a strong MWTS group but it's disappointing when you get to brookie and you got 10-20ppl on one side knowing all the chants and likewise on the other side of halfway. I've thought about this for ages. Lets agree to pick a side and all come together. Imagine how loud we'll be! That's what it's all about, the atmosphere. I want to reminisce something that The Wanderers have created. For 80 minutes non stop singing, chanting, going nuts. Whoever is involved in this (they know who they are) speak to your posse and lets get something sorted. I'm looking at you Jake, Jono and you Vidmar. Lets bring the hill together to create a MASSIVE hill fan base louder than an army drum. I'm keen to put this together so add me on Facebook if you haven't already Adam Agresta and we'll go from there.

UP YOU SEA EAGLES!

Flattering to say the least....but definitely not worthy of all the attention..however, if you insist, then the more the merrier

Im only new to sydney and havn't yet established a side. Count me and my fog horn in. When i say fog horn i refer to my mouth not the MRS . I will pay for that I know but hey

I have been buoyed by a few of the restless natives trying to establish a movement.

Agree Rugby league need to have soccer style chants similar to the a-league.The hill at brookie has allredy a congregation of our fans maybe a banner with the name the eagle nest.

Jbb you have a fantastic horn it will do nicely. Hopefully if this works you won't have to choose a side. To be fair it's all the fault if the food/bar caravan that splits us up.

Pontian I like your thinking that name sounds awesome. C'mon peeps lets make it happen!

I would love to see this, part of the issue is the venue and times people turn up, but would love to see our loud and colourful fans banding together, Hopefully some of the groups can organise it and get this going

Somehow i dont think the majority of fans match the - " socio / economic /ethnic background " of the wanderers fans...that coupled with the fact that historically RL doesnt seem to have the chanting culture at games - to me, would suggest we would be pushing you know what up a hill ( pardon the pun) ...the comparison between the two sports supporters would make manly fans seem like they were at the golf and clapping politely , as compared to the rabid soccer/football fans groups..its just not a tradional thing to see at a RL game......maybe it's the ocean breeze at your back, the sunshine in your face, warm beer , the cold pies , and the fact that most of the locals appear to be socially well adjusted and gettin' some, that make the hill a fairly serene place compared to the stands of other grounds....just my opinion. I dont think we will ever see anything like the ultras of european soccer that the wanderer fans seem to be mimicking.

getting a rep or 2 from each group to have a beer or 2 before it starts may help . Nut out a plan, a schedule. Things tend to grow momentum when there is a plan.

Me and my horn applaud the idea

WESTIE said:
historically RL doesnt seem to have the chanting culture at games - to me, would suggest we would be pushing you know what up a hill ( pardon the pun) ...the comparison between the two sports supporters would make manly fans seem like they were at the golf and clapping politely , as compared to the rabid soccer/football fans groups..its just not a tradional thing to see at a RL game

Disagree that it doesn't happen at Rugby League games. In Leeds last year for the World Club Challenge the chanting from Rhinos fans went for 80 minutes non stop and was very loud. Maybe it just doesn't happen in RL games in Australia.

Do you really want that soccer mob mentality on the Brookie Hill? Flares, fights, pitch invasions, throwing objects....
I have sat on the hill at Brookie for 50 years and I reckon the encouragement we give the players is just about right. Sometimes the language is over the top, especially as some of us bring our wives, girlfriends and daughters.

This attitude of chanting doesn't happen at league games I think a few of our English supporters will disagree with that one.

Also given the fact that a lot of the cove and Wanders fans are league fans I think this non chanting at league games will change gradually.

And this in part is a small step towards it.

The Who said:
Do you really want that soccer mob mentality on the Brookie Hill? Flares, fights, pitch invasions, throwing objects....
I have sat on the hill at Brookie for 50 years and I reckon the encouragement we give the players is just about right. Sometimes the language is over the top, especially as some of us bring our wives, girlfriends and daughters.

No but would love to see the hill bouncing like Warrington Wolves and Leeds Rhinos and a few of the other ESL clubs and Championship teams do.

I think people might be misinterpreting the message I'm trying to get across. RL crowds will never reach the atmospheric level created by soccer fans but if I had to compare and say -----> this is the amount of noise we should be making each game on the hill, then the Wanderers are a great example. I don't mean flares, fireworks or anything like that but in the same sense, why not? We are in 2013, generations are changing and club fans and crowds are coming from different cultures and backgrounds in sport. There is more of an emphasis on going to the footy getting blind and going mental where as back in the day you'd just go, watch and clap n cheer a little bit. This isn't for everyone. But for people like myself who love to go and belt out a chant or 3, I would love to bring everyone together rather than have 2 sep cheer squads on either side of halfway.
Think about what it would do to the already amazing atmosphere at brookie.
The grandstand seats and reserved seating are always at your disposal. But as far as I'm concerned, the hill is where the noise comes from and I will make it my number 1 goal to turn the hill into a Nest of Voice filled fanatics.

DSM5 said:
It's an English thing. Not everyone's a pommy bastard.

Putting the dish of revenge in the freezer as I write.........

Triple A - I can see the efforts to grow the (established) group on the North side of the Shed being more likely to succeed and be attractive to some supporters than some other initiatives so would hope things go accordingly - happy to help mate.

As per above, it's not everyones preference but the Hill is large enough to share and position yourself accordingly.

That said of course many of the "louder"and more vocal elements (You'll know the people I refer to) who typically travel away have their favourite spots at Brookie where in many cases they have stood/sat with friends or family for years so not likely to be moving any time soon.

Good to See JBB back in NSW and look forward to a catch up soon...

I'm a figure of quiet desperation for the 80 minutes, punctuated by outbursts of profound disappointment or unbridled joy.

Perhaps as a starting point the words to the various Manly chants can be posted on here.

I'll start the contribution regarding songs to help new people...

MAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAANNNLLLLLLLEEEEEEEEE!
(Repeat)

LET'S GO MANLY LET'S GO!
(repeat)

MANLY! (Clap Clap Clap)
(repeat)

FORTY NIL FORTY NIL FORTY NIL
(repeat)

Let me know if anyone needs help with these?

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6