The Fan's Step by Step rebuild:

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

fLIP

UFO Hunter
What steps would you take in order to have the team back as the number 1 force in the NRL?

Step 1: No more substitute hooker on the bench. Why replace a man (Ballin) who could probably play 180mins without stopping, taking 1 extra forward off the bench. Our forwards have struggled to keep up with the pace of the game this season so this would be my first step (hopefully with lestrange gone it happens). One extra forward on the bench.

I think we need some penetration out wide. Our wingers are good (when Wolfman tackles) but our centres are not the paciest around nor the biggest around. We have mobile backrowers but no big, strong and fast wide runner a la Crusher Cleal or Frank Pritchard.

More than that, I would like some attacking options inside the opposition quarter that are better than what we saw against the Tigpies and Rabbits.

In the end, a more committed defence is what I would like to see most of all - that is the biggest difference between 08 and 09. (That comes down to attitude and confidence in each other.)

Bite the bullet CW ffs.  Just get rid of Orford and you'll have some attacking options.  Penetration out wide?  Just get rid of Orford and his lateral running that crowd our outside backs. Confidence in each other?  What do you think Choc and Ox were yelling about?  Jesus man, look at the reality of our problems.  Orford has just got to go!!! Get on the bus CW, it's left already   

I disagree about the hooker coming off the bench, its pretty much an NRL standard at the moment, and Ballin builds a good platform, but we need the extra something from a fresh face coming off the bench.

I think you need a hooker off the bench, basically to give a utility back in case someone goes down injured. You push the 5/8 out to the backline and put in one of the hookers at 5/8.

That way you give your top hooker a rest, as well as having a back up for back's getting injured. If you just play a centre, or winger as utility backup on teh bench you generally don't use them at all. This way you get two benefits.

Step 2.

Ease Watmough into the captaincy. He's loud, he's aggressive and he's very energetic. He can inspire the forwards while Stewart can look over everything from the back.

Imagine having to face up to Watmough for 80 minutes and then Des for the half time break.

STEP 3:
Write all of the players names on a piece of paper, and draw a line through most of them, decide on a small core and go shopping

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6