The final myth busted

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

susan

Bencher
We've all heard it before.The lanky African kid running 20 miles to a tin pot school on dusty stony roads with with blistered bare feet and very little else in the pusuit of his olympic dream.

Today we have just heard that 3 current legendary long distance and marathon runners including Kiplagat and Kurgat have just tested positive to EPO and been unceremoniously banned from athletics(lucky the unknown bloke who went past the hot favourites in the marathon in London is clean).

So that leaves just us as the sole bastion of sporting purity.Now that the pesky and evil ASADA and ACC have been fended off and rightly derided by the highly informed and knowledgable court of pubic opinion our superstars and future burger flippers alike can concentrate solely on their dual role of attaining glory and mounting their thankless fight against illicit and PE drugs.No wonder our swimmers are forced to take Stinox in much loved and traditional bonding sessions in order to release the pressure of having to perform the role of both athlete and drug enforcement officer

With the ever present leadership of Tank Demetrio and renowned thinkers like Gus Gould and The Cab Driver the Lucky Country is set to continue their dominance over the scourge that has conquered the world.

It's not Tanking, it's Match Fixing don't buy into the AFL spin doctoring to try and lesser it for what it actually is.

susan said:
We've all heard it before.The lanky African kid running 20 miles to a tin pot school on dusty stony roads with with blistered bare feet and very little else in the pusuit of his olympic dream.

Today we have just heard that 3 current legendary long distance and marathon runners including Kiplagat and Kurgat have just tested positive to EPO and been unceremoniously banned from athletics(lucky the unknown bloke who went past the hot favourites in the marathon in London is clean).

So that leaves just us as the sole bastion of sporting purity.Now that the pesky and evil ASADA and ACC have been fended off and rightly derided by the highly informed and knowledgable court of pubic opinion our superstars and future burger flippers alike can concentrate solely on their dual role of attaining glory and mounting their thankless fight against illicit and PE drugs.No wonder our swimmers are forced to take Stinox in much loved and traditional bonding sessions in order to release the pressure of having to perform the role of both athlete and drug enforcement officer

With the ever present leadership of Tank Demetrio and renowned thinkers like Gus Gould and The Cab Driver the Lucky Country is set to continue their dominance over the scourge that has conquered the world.

So that latest news is definitive? Each tested fairly and found positive after a rigorous process? EPO, a confirmed illegal substance under sports dope policy? No outlandish commentary prior to this development by those in power that leaves a cloud over athletes, coaches and countries across multiple disciplines?

Compare an apple with an apple and we have something more to talk about.

You are wrong Susan, those runners didn't really test positive, this is just more Gillard spin no doubt. :) :angel:

You dont get it Hampster do you.I couldnt care less about your politics or press conferences and conspiracy theories or whether it was handled badly or not.Those are one off issues that are done and dusted and will be forgotten in a few weeks by all except those with no thought to the future with a political axe to grind. Anyone who still harbours faith in politicians of any ilk in this country is in the final stages of dementia.

And I dont buy the garbage that clean athletes lie awake at night because they are tarnished.If they do they should harden the f...ck up as the whole damn sporting world has been under a cloud for years before this little event as every single major professional sport is riddled with PE drugs.All of a sudden we are under a cloud because of this.Please!It is old news to the rest of humanity but is a massive injustice here.Talk about an insular existence.

The simple fact is that the rest of the world is riddled with drugs which get worse by the minute yet there is a prevailing view being peddled by influential fools in this country that it is no big deal and will go away.Funny how our massive community problem with ice,ectacy,cocaine etc wont go away.We lead the world in that area.Common sense says it wont and I am thankful someone is taking it seriously.

PS i just read the acres of coverage on this topic on that other thread which I hadnt looked at for a while so I apologize fervently to everyone for restarting the Hampsters fire.I take full responsibility and this will be my last comment.

susan said:
You dont get it Hampster do you.I couldnt care less about your politics or press conferences and conspiracy theories or whether it was handled badly or not.Those are one off issues that are done and dusted and will be forgotten in a few weeks by all except those with no thought to the future with a political axe to grind. Anyone who still harbours faith in politicians of any ilk in this country is in the final stages of dementia.

And I dont buy the garbage that clean athletes lie awake at night because they are tarnished.If they do they should harden the f...ck up as the whole damn sporting world has been under a cloud for years before this little event as every single major professional sport is riddled with PE drugs.All of a sudden we are under a cloud because of this.Please!It is old news to the rest of humanity but is a massive injustice here.Talk about an insular existence.

The simple fact is that the rest of the world is riddled with drugs which get worse by the minute yet there is a prevailing view being peddled by influential fools in this country that it is no big deal and will go away.Funny how our massive community problem with ice,ectacy,cocaine etc wont go away.We lead the world in that area.Common sense says it wont and I am thankful someone is taking it seriously.

PS i just read the acres of coverage on this topic on that other thread which I hadnt looked at for a while so I apologize fervently to everyone for restarting the Hampsters fire.I take full responsibility and this will be my last comment.

Check out Rex's last response and you'll note my opinions were unfairly tarnished by an assumed bias. The irony is that on the back of Rex's comments, you have made the same assumptions.

Can you think of a recent example of hyperbole that had entities labelled without due consideration for what was actually the case presented?

So jump off that high horse and see what my gripe is; and to give you a clue, it isn't the issue of drugs in sport. I have never disagreed with anybody suggesting that it's a problem.

Thank God. When I saw this thread I thought it was going to infer that muscisians were into using drugs. Phew.
Next thing people will be saying that alcohol and Tabbacco are also drugs and cause all sorts of problems in society, maybe more then recreational and preformance drugs combined.

manlyfan76 said:
Thank God. When I saw this thread I thought it was going to infer that muscisians were into using drugs. Phew.
Next thing people will be saying that alcohol and Tabbacco are also drugs and cause all sorts of problems in society, maybe more then recreational and preformance drugs combined.

I don't see what the problem is. All the Govt has to do is slap a huge tax on recreational and performance enhancing drugs and then the problem is solved. We can all abuse them legally just like alcohol, OTC/prescription drugs and Tobacco.

Hamster Huey said:
Check out Rex's last response and you'll note my opinions were unfairly tarnished by an assumed bias. The irony is that on the back of Rex's comments, you have made the same assumptions.

Can you think of a recent example of hyperbole that had entities labelled without due consideration for what was actually the case presented?

So jump off that high horse and see what my gripe is; and to give you a clue, it isn't the issue of drugs in sport. I have never disagreed with anybody suggesting that it's a problem.

lol Hamster. Sucked in majorly.

Wanted to see how biased your perceptions were, and you proved me right 100%.

I stand by everything I said.

"Sucked in majorly"?!?!?!? Rex, did a 12 year old just hack your account?

Seriously though, if you want to talk more about how your 'evil plan' has come to fruition, feel free to PM me for a chat.

Everybody else is bored with us.

It was totally dead and buried until you resurrected it again, seeking to make political capital out of an olive branch extended to you.

If you are seriously concerned with everyone's boredom, the simplest solution is to recognise the forum as a Manly forum rather than a platform for extremist political views, incessantly repeated.

Rex said:
It was totally dead and buried until you resurrected it again, seeking to make political capital out of an olive branch extended to you.

If you are seriously concerned with everyone's boredom, the simplest solution is to recognise the forum as a Manly forum rather than a platform for extremist political views, incessantly repeated.

*eye roll*

The response was days ago and a response to Susans bluster.

You need a hobby.

Article in Sun-Herald today

BRAD WILLIAMS, the Parramatta winger who admitted in 1983 that he gained 20 kilograms of muscle via a course of steroids and intense weight training, believes the junior league ranks have a serious drug problem.

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/league-news/notorious-eel-lifts-lid-on-junior-drug-use-20130302-2fd2q.html#ixzz2MSOYwgVI

Rex said:
Inconvenient article for forum ostriches

The story is telling in that it talks about kids and those trying to get a leg up to the top grade out of juniors.

Did you get that impression from the parading of code heads and focus on the top level of their sports, that day?

Stick to the debate point, Rex. Shifting the goalposts and/or accusing one of false stances, weakens your argument.

SER, where do you think the real problem stems from and did the release put the focus on where the higher concentrations of performance enhancing/recreational drug use are?

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6