The Flu Needle

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

ERNIE FOR NO7

Reserve Grader
A simple needle each year will prevent one from getting a serious bout of the flu.

With the Club doctor's medical practice on the edge of the training paddock, wouldnt you think the players would vaccinate themselves gainst the flu or further wouldn't you think the club would make them.

Kiwi Eagle said:
You do know the facts about the flu vaccine don't you ?

??? obviuosly not. Please share them.

At my work all 3000 employees are offered the flu needle. Doctors recommend all people to have it.

Forget the needle it is all about Quarantine, separating the sick from the healthy. And when it comes to game day putting the sick players in the front row for germ warfare.

Heard that this year's vaccine has proved to be a dudd as the flu strain has mutated again. You can't blame the club or the medicos for this one.

I have a pretty good immune system and hardly ever get sick.
I had the flu needle one "flu season" and got sick.
Never had the needle since and haven't been sick.

If the flu that Joe G and Michael Oldfield have is as bad as what they are saying on twitter, then I would have rested all players on Saturday who were feeling the effects of it. Kieran, Wolfman and a joe were mentioned on the radio before the game as having the flu. Matai is the worst of all according to tweets form players. Hope they are all right for Friday.

Clint said:
I have a pretty good immune system and hardly ever get sick.
I had the flu needle one "flu season" and got sick.
Never had the needle since and haven't been sick.
on
Interesting you say that. Last year the staff at my work were offered the vaccination for free if you wanted it. Me and a few other chickens who didn't want to get jabbed didn't have it. 99% of the people that had the injection got a really bad flu-type bug and were coughing for weeks while the non-needle getters were healthy as horses.
We here these stories all the time but doctors in the media swear it is impossible to get sick after it. I don't trust it though.

Kiwi Eagle said:
You do know the facts about the flu vaccine don't you ?

It may work for some, but it is far from a cure for the flu

We all used to get it at work as well, and tbh it didn't make any real difference to people being off sick, as other have mentioned, some got as crook as they have ever been

ERNIE FOR NO7 said:
A simple needle each year will prevent one from getting a serious bout of the flu.

With the Club doctor's medical practice on the edge of the training paddock, wouldnt you think the players would vaccinate themselves gainst the flu or further wouldn't you think the club would make them.
I posted this in another thread mate.

My sister is a nurse and i was having this discussion with her, there are so many different strains of the flu that the flu shot whilst limiting the risk well never work 100%

Also worth noting that this year there are apparently a few new strains.

I agree with you though my former employer gave it to us last year and I didn't look like getting it last winter

A lot of people think they have the flu when they have a cold and a runny nose. The flu is disgusting. Cold sweats, can't sleep, shivering, vomiting, aching muscles. I always used to think I got the flu a lot until I got it for real about five years ago. I was the sickest I have ever been in my life. If the players have anything like what I had, then I fully understand the performance last night.

Not sure whether the players have had the flu needle but one thing is for certain they didn't get injected with any performance enhancing substance last week.

i'd never got the needle before as beyond the basic cold i'd never really picked anything up in the past. Work was encouraging us all to get them one year so i thought why not. A few weeks later i was knocked for six like i'd never been before. a month later, same thing.
Next two years i didnt get it done and got through flu season fine without it fit as a fiddle. Last year at a new job they were pushing it, didn't force us, but i figured they'd probably be a bit more advanced, so i thought why not, lets try again. same thing happened, a couple of weeks after, then another month later knocked out of the park.

never again.
works for some, not for others, so many strains around now it'd be impossible to vaccinate from all. playing a sport like league in all conditions, in stadiums filled with thousands of people, training / sweat transferring there is next to nothing you can do to stop the risk completely.

bones said:
A lot of people think they have the flu when they have a cold and a runny nose. The flu is disgusting. Cold sweats, can't sleep, shivering, vomiting, aching muscles. I always used to think I got the flu a lot until I got it for real about five years ago. I was the sickest I have ever been in my life. If the players have anything like what I fully understand the performance last night.

Spot on mate. I was the same. Few years ago copped it really bad. Even your skin hurts its ****ed.

The way they make up the flu vaccine is a bit of an educated guess. They look at what strains of the flu were most prevalent in the European / Asian winter and what strains we had last winter. They then make a decision on approx 4 strains that they include in the vaccine. Sometimes they get this wrong and people still get the flu. There are also 2 strains of flu - Influenza A and Influenza B. The vaccine does not stop you getting the flu but lessens the effect of the virus.
Most people come down with heavy colds but say they have the flu. 2 different illnesses! In a close environment - both spread quickly.....

Taking a flu shot is 100% guaranteed to prevent the flu.

fact.

I sell snake oil flu shots for a living.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6