The Future and moving forwand Attention Penn Family.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Heres Hoping that someone from the Penn Family is actually reading this and takes notice.

The last few years while being full of success have been a shambles off the field. the club could easily be acknowledged as the most successful club in the last 10 years on the field. Off the field things are vastly different.

I am extremely great full to anyone that puts his or her hand in there own pockets to financially support our great club. be they owners directors or members and fans who buy memberships and merchandise and attend games. I am sure that your family are smart businessmen and have amassed your wealth on the back of smart business models and budgets to back those ideas. Now is the time to instil that same business model into our beloved club. the time for family members that don't possess the current qualifications to do the job to not get a start in the rebuilding. Here is one fans blueprint on what he would love to see happen to his club over the next few years.

We need to find, employ and properly fund the membership, marketing and social media side of the business. We are absolutely lacking in member and fan interaction compared to other clubs. We could be doing so much more than we currently do. One of the biggest and best things to happen from the membership department was The amazing Larissa who has been lost to the eels. If you want to move forward get her back asap. She was a breath of fresh air, she interacted with members on here and im sure other forms of social media, she was available to talk answer questions and did a fantastic job promoting memberships and fixing problems for members as they arose.

Memberships have been widely promoted as the funding model for the future and the most important part of the clubs growing business gets neglected. Look and the clubs that have massive membership bases in the last few years and its no coincidence that players want to play for those clubs and there becoming both successfull off the field and on the field. Take the Western Sydney Wanderers as an example. Put some much needed effort in to building that membership base, organise more social interaction, promote what's going on and im sure that in time we can take ourselves to top of the nrl tree. Imagine the amount of merchandise the wanderers move every year, no wonder there is a massive push to get a modern stadium out west for them full time. im sure if a 40k seat stadium is built out west it will be near full for nearly every game.

I live on the gold coast and i have seen the titans from there entry into the competition until now. Micheal searle made some very stupid mistakes inregards to the fans on the gold coast, and now they wont go near the place, and the current administration is moving heaven and earth to get them back, by giving away tons off free memberships as well as chucking the kitchen sink in with the deal, and still there not going back. The moral of the story is look after the fans, make things attractive for them to become members, most people question buying memberships to a club when every game is buy one get one free.

Get a decent website team and keep the information accurate and current simple things like the player injury reports were months old, player profiles were outdated and there no promotion whatsoever of nsw cup or lower grade footy. these guys are the future stars of the club. get fans invested in the kids and what's coming through we might then get to games to see the next star coming through the ranks at our great club. but for gods sake if your gonna do it get someone whose at the top of there game and do it right and keep it current. websites can be massive income earners and draw lots of potential fans, members sponsors etc to your business. get it right and the rewards will be endless

We live breathe and sleep thinking about this great club. Dont treat us like garden gnomes, keep us informed, increase player interaction, make it members only so that you need to be a member to gain access to that part of the website, but in the end of the day we want to see the guys mucking about having fun, training hard, visiting schools and hospitals, doing the good things that get the club massive positive exposure. Make it someone that is super qualified in this area, and im sure that if you do the sponsorship and income drawing potential will be a follow on effect.

Most importantly for gods sake no more fighting, negative media or bull****. we need to get a very different message out there about the professionalism of our club. it attracts sponsors, members fans and income streams, which are all good things for the club. You have made the big step of investing into the club, please ensure that that investment is in the areas that are critically lacking and that will grow our fantastic club for the future, because without the fans look at the gold coast, there a real potential chance of being relocated to Brisbane because no one on the coast gives two ****s about them anymore.

Please listen to the fans because the next generation are taking note and are watching what's going on, i have 3 kids and we have 5 memberships in total, this generation on kids will be the ones we rely on in the coming years to teach there families what its like to support this great team. We now have the opportunity under a united board to move forward for the future. Go pillage and plunder Tony Abbots support while hes the pm and get the stadium upgrade for the future that we need and deserve. Get more Sunday home games for the club as our preferred time slot and fill that brookie hill. Everything is in place for the future just steer the club in the right direction and we will be the strongest club in sydney

Just my opinion, would love to hear other fans ideas for the future.

Like the Football Club statement said, I'm sure we're all looking forward to hearing Chairman Scott Penn's vision and plan for the future of the Club.

Northern Rhino said:
Heres Hoping that someone from the Penn Family is actually reading this and takes notice.

The last few years while being full of success have been a shambles off the field. the club could easily be acknowledged as the most successful club in the last 10 years on the field. Off the field things are vastly different.

I am extremely great full to anyone that puts his or her hand in there own pockets to financially support our great club. be they owners directors or members and fans who buy memberships and merchandise and attend games. I am sure that your family are smart businessmen and have amassed your wealth on the back of smart business models and budgets to back those ideas. Now is the time to instil that same business model into our beloved club. the time for family members that don't possess the current qualifications to do the job to not get a start in the rebuilding. Here is one fans blueprint on what he would love to see happen to his club over the next few years.

We need to find, employ and properly fund the membership, marketing and social media side of the business. We are absolutely lacking in member and fan interaction compared to other clubs. We could be doing so much more than we currently do. One of the biggest and best things to happen from the membership department was The amazing Larissa who has been lost to the eels. If you want to move forward get her back asap. She was a breath of fresh air, she interacted with members on here and im sure other forms of social media, she was available to talk answer questions and did a fantastic job promoting memberships and fixing problems for members as they arose.

Memberships have been widely promoted as the funding model for the future and the most important part of the clubs growing business gets neglected. Look and the clubs that have massive membership bases in the last few years and its no coincidence that players want to play for those clubs and there becoming both successfull off the field and on the field. Take the Western Sydney Wanderers as an example. Put some much needed effort in to building that membership base, organise more social interaction, promote what's going on and im sure that in time we can take ourselves to top of the nrl tree. Imagine the amount of merchandise the wanderers move every year, no wonder there is a massive push to get a modern stadium out west for them full time. im sure if a 40k seat stadium is built out west it will be near full for nearly every game.

I live on the gold coast and i have seen the titans from there entry into the competition until now. Micheal searle made some very stupid mistakes inregards to the fans on the gold coast, and now they wont go near the place, and the current administration is moving heaven and earth to get them back, by giving away tons off free memberships as well as chucking the kitchen sink in with the deal, and still there not going back. The moral of the story is look after the fans, make things attractive for them to become members, most people question buying memberships to a club when every game is buy one get one free.

Get a decent website team and keep the information accurate and current simple things like the player injury reports were months old, player profiles were outdated and there no promotion whatsoever of nsw cup or lower grade footy. these guys are the future stars of the club. get fans invested in the kids and what's coming through we might then get to games to see the next star coming through the ranks at our great club. but for gods sake if your gonna do it get someone whose at the top of there game and do it right and keep it current. websites can be massive income earners and draw lots of potential fans, members sponsors etc to your business. get it right and the rewards will be endless

We live breathe and sleep thinking about this great club. Dont treat us like garden gnomes, keep us informed, increase player interaction, make it members only so that you need to be a member to gain access to that part of the website, but in the end of the day we want to see the guys mucking about having fun, training hard, visiting schools and hospitals, doing the good things that get the club massive positive exposure. Make it someone that is super qualified in this area, and im sure that if you do the sponsorship and income drawing potential will be a follow on effect.

Most importantly for gods sake no more fighting, negative media or bull****. we need to get a very different message out there about the professionalism of our club. it attracts sponsors, members fans and income streams, which are all good things for the club. You have made the big step of investing into the club, please ensure that that investment is in the areas that are critically lacking and that will grow our fantastic club for the future, because without the fans look at the gold coast, there a real potential chance of being relocated to Brisbane because no one on the coast gives two ... about them anymore.

Please listen to the fans because the next generation are taking note and are watching what's going on, i have 3 kids and we have 5 memberships in total, this generation on kids will be the ones we rely on in the coming years to teach there families what its like to support this great team. We now have the opportunity under a united board to move forward for the future. Go pillage and plunder Tony Abbots support while hes the pm and get the stadium upgrade for the future that we need and deserve. Get more Sunday home games for the club as our preferred time slot and fill that brookie hill. Everything is in place for the future just steer the club in the right direction and we will be the strongest club in sydney

Just my opinion, would love to hear other fans ideas for the future.

I really like this article.

Everything said is very true.

I think the club has been complacent when it comes to promoting our brand. Yes its true we have been the most successful club over the last decade but our fan base and membership numbers are poor compared to our rivals.

We as a club cant take for granted that success will be continued, we need to take a leaf out of the Vermins play book and promote our brand. Make membership packages more attractive. Look for new options in relation to taking games away from Brookvale.

Making the game day experience at Brooky a better one for the fans. Brooky is a mecca for me and always will be but we can do things so much better.

That was a lot of reading for my brain on a Sunday.
You make some great points.
Good onya.

Now that we 'Scott Penn', have we 'Scott Ink' for the players to sign with?

I know. Terrible! Lol.:D

I'm back, albeit briefly.

I am 99.9% sure that the Penns, Zorba, and every media hack in Sydney do read Silvertails.

The above piece, from a fans perspective, was well written.

I've decided to stand back for a while and let the dust settle, if all that happens is we have lost a CEO then I'm sure we can recover from that, from what I read in the RLW Grant Mayers position at the Tigers is tenuous to say the least, and having had a bit to do with Grant we could do worse than get him back.

I think the Brookvale stuff is " pie in the sky" words, like everyone love them to be able to pull something off but I'd be surprised if the next time we sign an NRL contract that it's signed based on us playing out of the SFS, and I for one will not be trying to blame the Penns for that.

I have met Scott a few times, he's a decent guy, and in reality I have nothing against him or the family, in fact we are lucky to have a backer such as them.

I do believe life would be better without Peter Peters, he's been divisive , manipulating and at his age he should be doing what I am doing ( at a significantly younger age), enjoying the roses, travelling the country, or travelling the world if that's what rocks his boat. Harry,or maybe Harrybele is big on getting rid of the Dinosaurs , well he's the biggest Dino of the lot.

I'm sure we will see a few more changes in the office , marketing, membership as the Penns bring in people,more to their liking , and again I can live with that , I'd be sorry to any losing their jobs but I guess in this business you come and you go.

Personally I think any changes in the football operations department would cause them the most grief ( from a fans / members perspective), so if they are reading this it might be wise to tread carefully there, but again it's their business and their call.

I'll still be a fan, as I have for over 50 years now, for the moment I'm still a country member but will only continue that on if I can see value for money and the club heading in the right direction, if not I'll step back and watch from the sidelines for a bit, although doubt my $300 donation for the year is going to put a dent in any profit or loss bill, but it might make me feel better for a bit.

As to those I argued with quite heatedly on Friday, I stand behind my words ( I just read them all again to make sure) as they probably stand by theirs, it is after all a forum and whilst Dan would love us to all get along clearly we can't , we all have different views, we all support one player more than another, so we are just going to have to live with the fact that some of us don't like each other, simple as that.

I don't plan to make any further comments on this issue, as I stated above I'll stand back now, let the new owners do whatever they feel they have to do and keep my thoughts to myself.

I don't intend abandoning Silvertails, although that thought has crossed my mind, and will continue to make comment on current football issues but not those of a political nature.

Cheers all and GO MANLY.

Mark from Brisbane said:

I am 99.9% sure that the Penns, Zorba, and every media hack in Sydney do read Silvertails.

I've decided to stand back for a while and let the dust settle, if all that happens is we have lost a CEO then I'm sure we can recover from that, from what I read in the RLW Grant Mayers position at the Tigers is tenuous to say the least, and having had a bit to do with Grant we could do worse than get him back.

I think the Brookvale stuff is " pie in the sky" words, like everyone love them to be able to pull something off but I'd be surprised if the next time we sign an NRL contract that it's signed based on us playing out of the SFS, and I for one will not be trying to blame the Penns for that.

I have met Scott a few times, he's a decent guy, and in reality I have nothing against him or the family, in fact we are lucky to have a backer such as them.

I do believe life would be better without Peter Peters, he's been divisive , manipulating and at his age he should be doing what I am doing ( at a significantly younger age), enjoying the roses, travelling the country, or travelling the world if that's what rocks his boat. Harry,or maybe Harrybele is big on getting rid of the Dinosaurs , well he's the biggest Dino of the lot.

I'm sure we will see a few more changes in the office , marketing, membership as the Penns bring in people,more to their liking , and again I can live with that , I'd be sorry to any losing their jobs but I guess in this business you come and you go.

Personally I think any changes in the football operations department would cause them the most grief ( from a fans / members perspective), so if they are reading this it might be wise to tread carefully there, but again it's their business and their call.

I'll still be a fan, as I have for over 50 years now, for the moment I'm still a country member but will only continue that on if I can see value for money and the club heading in the right direction, if not I'll step back and watch from the sidelines for a bit, although doubt my $300 donation for the year is going to put a dent in any profit or loss bill, but it might make me feel better for a bit.

As to those I argued with quite heatedly on Friday, I stand behind my words ( I just read them all again to make sure) as they probably stand by theirs, it is after all a forum and whilst Dan would love us to all get along clearly we can't , we all have different views, we all support one player more than another, so we are just going to have to live with the fact that some of us don't like each other, simple as that.

I don't plan to make any further comments on this issue, as I stated above I'll stand back now, let the new owners do whatever they feel they have to do and keep my thoughts to myself.

I don't intend abandoning Silvertails, although that thought has crossed my mind, and will continue to make comment on current football issues but not those of a political nature.

Cheers all and GO MANLY.

Mark.....you have a far greater connection to players and officials both past and present than most of us here.

I respect your opinion.

Keep posting. It breaks up the posts that make me raise an eyebrow.

Mark from Brisbane said:

Cheers all and GO MANLY.
Keep posting We might not agree with you at times but we love you brother :)

Mark we only disagree as we are way too passionate - as long as it is done with respect (which I felt it was on Friday) I do not see any issues

And to add to that of they want to buy out Silvertails I am open to huge cash offers

Some good stuff in that OP, but I wouldn't be getting too caught up on the Gold Coast comparisons. This is the 3rd attempt at a side up there, they have no history or heritage to leverage. New teams need success to build a solid fan base and frankly the Titans have not delivered on that front. Do you think the Wanderers would be selling out stadiums if they hadn't managed to win a few games and be one of the more comeptitive sides ? They would have been struggling, but through some good planning and some luck they have managed to establish themselves as competitve and then really loaded up the bandwagon with all the bells and whistles and they now have a good solid fan base. If they were "also rans" there is no way you'd have that many people turning up to see them get hammered each week.

I do agree that one of the more disappointing aspects of our wonderful run over the last 10 years is how poorly that awesome on field success has been leveraged off the field. All the energy that has been wasted on infighting, board squabbles, dramas etc is criminal. Imagine if that negative energy had been put into positive things ?? How many resources were wasted that could have been better applied elsewhere ? We could have had a whiole new generation of fans in their thousands with the quality of stars we have had plying their trade successfully on the field and pretty much squeaky clean off it. Hopefully with one captain at the helm now the good ship MWSE will be full steam ahead and we can become a 5 star brand again.

I am also open to retainers on top of a smaller cash lump sum as well as a few other beneficial stipends, I am ok with being asset rich whilst I am out of the country...thanks mr(s) Penn

Agree with NR - it's time Manly picks up the "Membership Ball" and runs with it! Also our merchandising leaves a lot to be desired, particularly the online shop. It often appears to be out of stock in popular sizes L, XL etc & has little for female & kid supporters.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4