The Future is Bright

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

eaglebuzz

Bencher
Here's how I see it now:

• Guys who don't want to be here are leaving and taking their toxic attitudes with them, and making huge dents in Parra and the Titan's salary caps
  • We have ~$2million a season to spend on monster forwards and young up and coming halves
  • Our u20's are killing it at the moment, we have talent on the way up

Foz and DCE are good, but without each other and in new environments they will probably wilt a bit. We have a huge opportunity to rebuild and be stronger for them having gone.

Here's how I see it now:

• Guys who don't want to be here are leaving and taking their toxic attitudes with them, and making huge dents in Parra and the Titan's salary caps
  • We have ~$2million a season to spend on monster forwards and young up and coming halves

Foz and DCE are good, but without each other and in new environments they will probably wilt a bit. We have a huge opportunity to rebuild and be stronger for them having gone.

I agree NOW why are you posting this and NOT our club!!!

C
Here's how I see it now:

couldnt agree more, it's not all doom and gloom. Foz and Daly are not the god players that everyone seems to think they are. I mean they haven't even won a dally m.
And spare me the " I want to learn more bullsh!t" . I mean at 26 yrs old I want a player that says give me the ball coach, I'm going to win this **** thing for us, a MAN, a LEADER, not a little spoilt **** who says " teach me". **** man up.
We will be fine. Better than fine, **** great, cause we are MANLY.

The future is always bright on the peninsula.

I am not worried about a thing. The whining sook Foran with his ridiculously inflated price is gone ($1.2 million a year! - he is laughing all the way to the bank, suck **** Doesntmatta - he is worth $800 absolute tops).

DCE may change his mind, either way its all good.

We now have $2MM in spare case to throw at some very good players and its for that reason that i just laugh at the conga line of muppets at work trying to give me **** :devil:

1348423563162_4108242.png

I think when you throw in Horo and Chee Kam and a few others coming off deals we will have more than 2M to spend. Ballin will probably sign a new 2 year deal for what he's on or a little less as he wont be an 80 minute hooker anymore. We've probably got closer to 2.5-3M all up. There is not a lot of costly talent left. And next year is Snakes last too at c600k.

Add TT to a wing spot next year, our backline of Snake, Hiku, Killer, Skiv and Turbo is ****ing quality. The pack needs to match that and then we just need halves that can keep up.

Future looks very nice indeed.

Da
I think when you throw in Horo and Chee Kam and a few others coming off deals we will have more than 2M to spend. Ballin will probably sign a new 2 year deal for what he's on or a little less as he wont be an 80 minute hooker anymore. We've probably got closer to 2.5-3M all up. There is not a lot of costly talent left. And next year is Snakes last too at c600k.

Add TT to a wing spot next year, our backline of Snake, Hiku, Killer, Skiv and Turbo is ****ing quality. The pack needs to match that and then we just need halves that can keep up.

Future looks very nice indeed.
damn straight loobs!

We have the nucleus of a strong side. I want to see the club invest in our youth now and get in a couple of seasoned plans ideally 1 half and 1 marquee forward.

Ours 20s team is our future.

At last the gangrene has been cut out and we can move on.

I think it's important to remember that coaching is more important than cattle in the modern game.

If you look at Melbourne, Souths, Roosters, Bulldogs and co. they all have really good coaches. Players that come into their systems, excel and become household names/marquee players. Every club has players coming through with skill, size, speed, etc. it's just up to the coaches to put good structures in place to allow the talent to prosper. Occasionally when there is a deficiency in a certain area and the junior ranks are offering no cover, you buy a player, but all in all it's down to the coaching.

In the semi-professional era when players were only training twice a week and the game lacked genuine structure, the gap between the elite and the also-rans was much wider. In the professional era of full time training, structure and conditioning, potential exists in every club in the competition; it just has to be tapped.

I often hear the argument, "look at the players he has" in reference to certain coaches, but they are great players because of the way they have been developed and/or used.
DCE was nobody playing in the QLD cup, and then stepped into our ranks and took his game to another level. He came into good systems and the obvious talent was allowed to grow and all of the sudden he is a superstar. I remember Armageddon when Hodkinson signed with the Dogs, and then up steps DCE. It will happen again because we're Manly, and we have a good coach that can bring talent through.

See, this is where I don't agree at all.

We led the comp heading towards the Finals last year and then fell in a hole because the management stuffed up all the player dynamics. That was one Premiership we had every right to believe we could have landed.

Now we have 2015 with a shipload of discontent and players departing. Wow, that is such good news and I'm so thrilled that at this early stage it will be highly unlikely that we will have any impact.

Yes, let's now look to 2 to 3 years ahead and how it is all going to be rosy because we have some money in the bank. If this is the good news I'll be stuffed when you deliver the bad. Keep dreaming on as this is about as crap as it gets.

See, this is where I don't agree at all.

We led the comp heading towards the Finals last year and then fell in a hole because the management stuffed up all the player dynamics. That was one Premiership we had every right to believe we could have landed.

Now we have 2015 with a shipload of discontent and players departing. Wow, that is such good news and I'm so thrilled that at this early stage it will be highly unlikely that we will have any impact.

Yes, let's now look to 2 to 3 years ahead and how it is all going to be rosy because we have some money in the bank. If this is the good news I'll be stuffed when you deliver the bad. Keep dreaming on as this is about as crap as it gets.

Agree its dark days mate, maybe we will rise again, the biggest issue is any potential player will look at us as a basket case, that's why Ricky can't get players to go to the Raiders.

Could we have sunk to those depths in less than 12 months???

Probably we have.

As a club we are hurting let down by dysfunction leading to player unrest horror communication which has had us all concerned.

The key is to learn from the errors. Invest in our youth and buy hardened players to teach them.

As a club we must unite and sweep away the divisions that have killed this team.

One thing we know is our spirit is intact. Time for a new era to dawn.

Those two have played together with us since 2011. In 4 years we won one Grand Final. One. If they are a million dollars each we should have won more. They are not worth that much combined cash. We do need one though.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8