The Game

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

DSM5

First Grader
A few words, good in the first half, except the first Gasnier try, who let it through, wtf? Lousy second half. Another five minutes and we would have been beaten. On that effort we'll beat Souths but progress further? problematic. Kite and King need to start. Jack needs a wake up with his dodgy hands and tackling style. He needs to wrap around and put in the shoulder. Willo should take him aside and teach. Backline put in an effort but there is that tendency to run sideways. The pass back move needs to be rehearsed this week as it fell away, maybe due to Bani's inexperience. Someone needs to be put on the shoulder of Cuthbertson to take his offered offloads. Today no-one was there. Lastly when they ran hard and straight we looked likely, but far to often we didn't. There, I wasn't happy even with the win.

It was mainly Watmough with Orford getting in his way for that 1st try

Shared the thoughts about not being too happy with the win, but still, we have done what we have too, and i feel we won't do that in finals, maybe it will be a nice wakeup call prior to semis about an 80min effort

I thought Lyon and Orford looked OK in the halves today, and worth persisting with imo, move Menzies into lock and Williamson on the bench as the filler to come on after we have established our dominance.

Bani looks good, will need some work on positioning, but all young centres and wingers require that. Matai looked very very rusty on defence, some good hits but some mistimed efforts too, but his attack still looks penetrating which will add to our side in the finals, the run will do him good. King will be good for the extra run as well, was pretty strong today. Cuthbertson is getting better and better at selecting his balls to throw as well.

Must also add a bit to this about Mauro, this kid looks outstanding. He is performing very very well considering he started the year in Flegg, i think we have a good one there

We played in bursts with a lack of intensity in the second half. The crowd sensed it too and basically went to sleep with the team.

Its been said in another post, it was job done at half time and we took he foot off the pedal. Momentum was the buzz word all week, and we created plenty in the first half. We sorely missed the defense of Willo and Beaver. Im not worried about the Bunnies at all next week, the week after that will be a problem though.

I have us playing the Slime in the Prelim final. I think they are the team that can beat the Warriors at home, and I think the Dogs will reverse the result of this weeks game and will beat the Cows. Storm are certanties and we should be too.

That will leave the Dogs V Warriors and Eels V Cows in Week 2.

Prelims Dogs V Storm, Eagles V Parra

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6