The good new's out of the game

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Yep. Souths will comfortably make the 8 this year, not a bad performance at all.

Problem is without Snake we are pretty bad at defusing kicks in behind the line, especially in and around the in-goal. The first half reminded me of most of last year.

Decent performance considering we couldn't buy a penalty for 68 minutes and 5 of our first choice 17 out.

We seem to have bucked the trend of not being able to score points in the 2nd halves of games.

Gees these young blokes are good.

Yep wasn't the youngsters fault.

A few of the senior boys have definitely had better games.

This might be a tough criticism because he's a huge player for us, but geez I wish Gifts first choice wouldn't be to run sideways and try and get on the outside of his man.  

They were awesome, I thought Souths might of got 50 at one stage.

Big hearts from the experienced guys too.

They were up against it from the start with all the late withdrawls but they battled hard and never gave up.

Still a loss is a loss and it sh*ts me. Can't wait 'till we get everyone back.

Yeah I thought the kids were great, I didn't think we had much depth at the start of the year but they look like they'll really develop into good players. Foran was fantastic as well and Cherry Evans is a decent halfback. We look like a good side this year.

Ant80 link said:
[quote author=Paul link=topic=187247.msg329569#msg329569 date=1301655075]
Every team needs a genuine Ranga!

Says Paul the newly acquired Silvertail 'Ranga :p
[/quote]

Hang on hang on hang on - if you apply the old curtains and carpet rule....I should be bald!

I thought Buhrer was small and useless according to some on here and Des had no idea for picking him!!!!!  Jeez he has stepped up.

Knowing that with 10 min to go, we can score 3 tries gives plenty of confidence that no game is out of reach this year

Garts link said:
I thought Buhrer was small and useless according to some on here and Des had no idea for picking him!!!!!  Jeez he has stepped up.

Yeah young bloke has great foot speed. In general all the young fellas dig in, and with Kieran stepping up more are supporting each other more.

Great game to watch just a shame we lost.

Cheers,
Teylu

Losing always sucks, but as far as a loss goes that was a pretty good one. We can take plenty of positives from that performance. Souths played as well as Souths can play. Unfortunately they finally fired the night that we came up against them. Had Stewart been playing I have no doubt we win that match.

If Foran has a good run with injuries throughout his career, he could be the best in the game in a few years time. He still makes the odd bad decision or sloppy kick/pass, but at 20 years old the things he does on the field are amazing.

mcatt link said:
Losing always sucks, but as far as a loss goes that was a pretty good one. We can take plenty of positives from that performance. Souths played as well as Souths can play. Unfortunately they finally fired the night that we came up against them. Had Stewart been playing I have no doubt we win that match.

If Foran has a good run with injuries throughout his career, he could be the best in the game in a few years time. He still makes the odd bad decision or sloppy kick/pass, but at 20 years old the things he does on the field are amazing.

Well Sterlo is one of the best judges in the game and he says Foran is going to be one of the best and I think he is right.

Early days but..........geez Buhrer reminds of a young Beaver.
Footwork, hole running, defence and that headgear.
No better role model Jamie, be half the man and you'll be a gun.

mickqld link said:
[quote author=mcatt link=topic=187247.msg329639#msg329639 date=1301658296]

Well Sterlo is one of the best judges in the game and he says Foran is going to be one of the best and I think he is right.
[/quote]

Might be a good judge of talent but is it just me or can you detect a hint of bias against us?  It seems every try scored against us he wants to give straight away and wants to cast doubt over everthing we get. 

I think he's still dirty on killer for leaving the Eels.

Good performance considering the circumstances re. injury just before kick off.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6