The Good, the Bad and the Ugly report - 2013 Rd 6

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

cf2 is back

Reserve Grader
Cf2 wraps up the round 6 game against the sharks in his The Good, the bad and the ugly result

Player ratings:
Brett Stewart: Another sensational performance, impenetrable defender and bomb diffuser, and two classic sizzling line breaks, the 2nd of which saw the afterburners ignite and so cleverly correct the line from an arcing angle to a dead straight run in order to position his winger Hiki completely in the clear to take the pass and score the match sealing try. Brilliant. And on top of all that had his Brookie try scoring record robbed by a ridiculously incorrect forward pass ruling.
Jorge Taufau: Was it just me or was Jorge super quiet today? Barely noticed him in the first half and not too many chances in the 2nd. Not a criticism just an observation, and not surprising the Sharks would target the attack to Hiku on debut.
Steve Matai: Solid as a rock as usual, (which is exactly what I wrote last week!).
Jamie Lyon: Don't you just love those butterfly hands with the ball, deft passes, perfect positional play, and sensible kicks.
Peter Hiku: No doubt having a well deserved cool drink tonight. Very well handed debut.
Keiran Foran: Solid as a rock as ever. I'd still like to see him take on the line a bit more, but hey plenty of time for that.
Daly Cherry-Evans: I'm not sure but I think the hair cuts getting better, and his play certainly does every week. A very busy day literally with a hand in everything, including the first half inspired try from his own dodgy bomb.
Tom Symonds: I love this guy, just reminds me of the great Beaver, and showed super strength in his try. I don't want to go on a Buhrer bash again, but I kept looking down at Symonds on the bench in the 2nd half thinking send him back on!
Justin Horo: Had to be in the 3-2-1 today. Never stopped all day and rewarded with a try from a deft Foran pass. What a great buy and 80 min workhorse.
Anthony Watmough: 15 runs, 134 metres, 22 tackles according to the NRL site - or 17 runs, 152 metres, 28 tackles according to the SMH site. How can they be so different very week and who's count is the more accurate? Anyhow excellent game no matter which applies and still seemed to have more in the tank. If only he could cut out the obligatory mistakes/penalties.
Brenton Lawrence: Our best prop this season by far, another fantastic 13 hit ups and 127 metres.
Matt Ballin: The usual tackle count (38) but the stats say 1 run for 2 metres. Could that be right? If it is I hope Toovs reminds him to go for a few more dummy half scoots in future. Every team needs that from the no. 9.
Brent Kite: The Landcruiser of the team. Old, tough, solid, dependable.

Bench:
Richie Fa'-aoso: 40 mins before kick off a guy who looked a hell of a lot like Richie jumped out of a car on Pittwater Rd in Manly training gear and literally sprinted across the road, through the crowd outside the ground and in through the gates. Could that possibly have been so? Anyhow back to his game, which was solid but not spectacular.
Joe Guluvao: Hearing Donny Singe shout "don't move him, torn achilles" caused an instantly chilling thought. Could this be the cruelest end of career for one of the nicest guys to ever wear the maroon and white? Get well soon Joe, and say it ain't so.
Jamie Buhrer: Last week I wrote our 2013 bench is so strong Buhrer now seems the weaker link, and today did nothing to dispel that. But how bad can it be if that's all we are worried about?
Jason King: The bench is suiting him well. Just a thought though, is the co captain thing a bit pointless? We all know Lyon King is the captain!

THE GOOD:
Overall: Sensational start, stumbling middle, professional clinical finish, on what must have been a very tough day to play footy in that summer heat. Surely a drinks break would not have been a bad thing?
Defence: Not quite as bullet proof today but still very much the reason we are sitting where we are on the table.
Attack: Some superb moments, mixed with some sloppy stuff, but it's mouth watering knowing just how much better we can (and will) get.
Sunday afto footy: There is simply nothing to beat it.

THE BAD:
Can you believe 17,500 mums, dads and kids are denied another glorious sunny Sunday afto game until rd 19 on July 21? That is absolutely insane. And don't even start me on the ridiculous Monday night schedule.

THE UGLY:
Jarred Maxwell. Is Steve Clark his twin brother? All day long never stopped banging on and on about pretty much everything in his relentless pursuit to find a problem or a penalty. Mind you, talking about banging on gee old Gallen's not far behind in the whinging stakes.
SUMMARY:
Not the 32-0 we were all salivating over after the first 20 minutes, but at the end of the day a very tidy 2 points to cement 5/6 wins, a superb start to the season, and a hugely anticipated block buster on Fri week against the Bunnies. Can't wait.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6