The Good, the Bad and the Ugly report - Rd 20

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I don't agree with your assessment of King and Kite and I think you're barking up the wrong tree (zero pun intended)
Our starting props absolutely brutalised and somewhat nullified the bulldogs giant pack.
This can often have a way bigger effect on the outcome of the game than simply making a few extra metres when hitting the ball up.
Unfortunately, as you pointed out, our backs made crucial errors, not the forwards.

cf2 is back said:

The match of the season was finally here. Mates v hates in front of a Brookie sell out. Would we stand and deliver when it counted?

Read the full article
I'll call this a very responsible report. If it were me writing it I couldn't have resisted slamming a few players attitude. Did I say T Rex is lazy? Oops. Overall though you make a fair comment - injuries and suspensions have created havoc this year for us. But we copped a lesson on Friday night from a better drilled and prepared side. They may just win the comp.

Good assessment of the engine room. It's too old,unfit. We cannot carry 4 ageing overweight props like this. George and Joe gotta go. Bring in young blood like Mauro, Robinson,Cunningham or Stromquist. Unfortunately it's been left too late in the season to have any impact this year but we absolutely cannot go into next year with this prop rotation. T Rex needs a massive boot up his lazy arse. If he is playing injured then he needs not to be playing or he needs to be benched and put the ranga back in.
In the backs Whare needs to go out he's not up to it. Put someone else at fullback if Snake is still out please.

The injuries to key players certainly puts the season into perspective. Will be interesting to see how the dogs go the next few weeks without a couple of players, storm are struggling without Slater and I think Souths will struggle without Inglis.

If the Raiders can get up today and the tigers knock over the Cowboys tomorrow, the damage from Friday is not bad.

Good fair reporting but I think your individual reports were a bit negative. It was the competition leaders that beat us.... by only one try!
You're writing them off like we played Newcastle.

Sure there were negatives in each player's game but overall I think this was a decisive improvement on the normal ****e that our team CAN serve up.

As a team, they can walk away with their heads held high, as the beaten side.

Spot on report CF2 you've again very accurately assessed this match and our season.

TOTALLY AGREE our engine room is old and tired - WAMF sorry but it IS about making metres - if two of the opposition props make 180 and 150 yet not one of ours can break 70 that's a massive problem - and as CF2 said it's not just King and Kite we needed Rose and Guluvao to deliver big games but they had no impact whatsoever - if the forwards make metres the halves have space to deliver - simple.

And the overall player assessment wasn't harsh either it's just accurate. We need younger forwards making bigger metres. We need T Rex to run on to the ball at speed instead of this ridiculous standing around giving the odd guy a shove and then not knowing what to do. And we need our backs to convert the good breaks they make into points and plenty of them. Tries win matches and we've stopped scoring them.

CF2 also spot on in assessing our season and the fact that losing to the top team is not the issue given the Dogs were indeed very good, as you've absolutely correctly nailed our crime is losing 5 matches to crap bottom 8 teams. OMG we only had to win 2 of those matches and we'd be 2nd on the table, 3 and we'd be equal 1st.

It seems saving ourselves for the big matches has really cost us. It wouldn't matter a toss losing to the Dogs on Fri if we'd won a couple of those others.

lismore_fan said:
Good fair reporting but I think your individual reports were a bit negative. It was the competition leaders that beat us.... by only one try!
You're writing them off like we played Newcastle.

Sure there were negatives in each player's game but overall I think this was a decisive improvement on the normal ****e that our team CAN serve up.

As a team, they can walk away with their heads held high, as the beaten side.

Everyone is talking as though the Bulldogs are world beaters. They are massively over rated in my opinion and they have gained strength at the expense of other teams that have had MORE injuries and MORE players playing rep football. Brisbane, Melbourne and Manly are yards ahead of them at full strength. I genuinely feel that we will be coming from too far back to win it this year but a full-strength and more settled Broncos and Storm can account for the Dogs come September. Let's see how the Bulldogs go with a few more disruptions to their top 17...We are all being conned by the so-called magical and mystical powers of Hasler.

Canterbury, so far this year, have had the same preparation as Manly last year in that they had minimal injuries and it hasnt affected them that much.On the other hand Manly,this year, have had injuries and suspensions that has disrupted the team throughout the year and has meant that we rarely play with the same team in important positions on a regular basis. Lets hope we start getting our top players back and they stay healthy and they get their combinations back again.

WAMF said:
I don't agree with your assessment of King and Kite and I think you're barking up the wrong tree (zero pun intended)
Our starting props absolutely brutalised and somewhat nullified the bulldogs giant pack.
This can often have a way bigger effect on the outcome of the game than simply making a few extra metres when hitting the ball up.
Unfortunately, as you pointed out, our backs made crucial errors, not the forwards.

I agree I thought kite and king more than held there own. Neither have ever been meter eaters. stats can lie as it didn't appear that we had any trouble getting down there end of the field. The issue was execution when down there and I hold the halves responsible for that.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4