The Good, the Bad and the Ugly report - Rd 3 2012

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Nice article cf2, though I do disagree with a few points you made.

I think that you're line on Whare doesn't really do him justice, but then it was only a single line. Really quite impressed with him so far & would be disappointed if we were to lose him when his contract is up. He is our center of the future.

Not with you on B.Stewart. I thought that he was fairly poor apart from a few flashes of brilliance. We got killed by Carney grubbering kicks in behind our line & Brett was found wanting on most of them - just not where he needed to be (not to take away from Carney, who was great, but Brett should've been in better positions to make plays). Silly play early on where he got dragged back into our in-goal as well, he should know better.

To me snake appeared disinterested in 1st half however he definitely improved second half. Whare was excellent and has now allayed my fears of no depth in this position

Sheikheagle said:
To me snake appeared disinterested in 1st half however he definitely improved second half. Whare was excellent and has now allayed my fears of no depth in this position

Snake has not had his head in his football this year.
Not that he is doing any thing wrong but not as much Zip Zip in his game.

Is he thinking of other things (money, club, contract) or are others in his ear, I don't know.
I hope he picks it up soon. He is so good when he is in good form.

Excellent report.
It's hard to read after a poxy loss, dead easy to read and most enjoyable after a heart warming victory.
I worry about Brett, he does seem a bit "removed" from play, just a shade below what we have come to expect. In fairness the conditions didn't favour him. Kite started the year great but he's slipped straight back into that galloping useless style that has zero penetration.
Apart from those not so good points - DCE great, Lyon solid, Whare looks ok. Ballin solid again. I wonder if it was the loss we meant to have - ie travel, multiple away games, short turnarounds etc - so in a way, as long as we bounce massively back and slam Saints - all is on track.

Injuries, suspensions keep hitting, I guess better now than in August/September. Nice work CF2 again, this game always had a question mark for us, a tough few weeks, Shark Park on a wet Monday night, Sharks had their pants pulled down the previous game - a recipe for disaster if you ask me.'

Onwards and upwards next week = it would be a nice surprise to see Gift make a comeback.

Thanks for the positive comments guys.

WAMF - sorry about the report delay hate Monday night footy.

Wolfpack - Whare's got talent but without being too harsh he did miss 6 tackles - which is the Matai brute force we miss.

As for Brett gotta tell you that ground surface was like wet rice. I'm sure we'll see a far more lethal Brett soon, especially when we finally get back to Fortress Brookie. These 5 away games cannot be underestimated.

Let's hope for a far drier night on Sat to knock Saints off.

Love your reports CF2.

Totally agree about T-Rex and lol about your description of the friendly labrador innocently swinging the cat around the room. Spot on he just doesn't realise how big he is. Even Gallen has come out and said T Rex is a harmless giant who's 40kg heavier than their hooker De Gois!

cf2 is back said:

Wolfpack - Whare's got talent but without being too harsh he did miss 6 tackles - which is the Matai brute force we miss.

As for Brett gotta tell you that ground surface was like wet rice. I'm sure we'll see a far more lethal Brett soon, especially when we finally get back to Fortress Brookie. These 5 away games cannot be underestimated.

Yeah no doubt about the surface, mate. I was down in the SW corner & the pitch looked pretty rubbish up close, wouldn't have been fun to run on.

I watched on TV, but didn't recall any ref's decisions I'd really disagree with. A few border line, but nothing obvious. Can't comment on the 10 meters when not at the game though.

I thought the close drop balls from Cronulla were fair enough called knocked back. I hate the fact that just becuase a ball is dropped it's sometimes instantly called a knock-on - juts becuase. (Don't get me started on the WCC, I'm with everyone on that)

Agree with a few that sense Brett not 100% switched on, but he's a pro, that'll change.

Wouldn't mind if 2V didn't sound a bit like Des complaining about the refs all teh time. We were beaten fair & square by a more determined team.

Wolfpack said:
cf2 is back said:

Yeah no doubt about the surface, mate. I was down in the SW corner & the pitch looked pretty rubbish up close, wouldn't have been fun to run on.
g'day all,i was at the game too and conditions were ordinary,and ithink the old truism of the wet being a great leveller was reinforced.In saying that the sharks wont play a better first half again this year wet or dry and deserved to win.A couple of things though,if brett catches that pass it may have altered the momentum,no offside penalties against them hard to fathom as the 10 was skinny(both ways)all night and what i thought was odd at the time,they didn't come out and warm up on the field while we were out in the pouring rain doing so.Now whether they went to the back ovals or just stayed in the sheds i dont knowbut they certainly came out firing.Just curious!

Nice report.
Loved the labrador thing. Too right!

I was in the Southern Grandstand trying to keep dry. Long way for a leak! And the beer was up the other end. Not well planned, Sharkies.

Unfortunately (for me) the play in the first half was all up in the northern end. A long way even with my four-eyes.
Second half - again - all the action in the northern end!

And we lost!

Eagle terrorist you obviously weren't at the game. Their fullback definitely knocked on from a high DCE kick. We were right in line and although he was sliding back he dragged it towards himself. That is a knock on in my book. We get that, we get a scrum 10 metres out and a vg chance to score. That was our third game in a row with Cummins as the ref. Very odd. I thought he was unfair at Bluetongue and again at Flake Park.

Agree Snake is not 100% switched on atm but what a shocking night to be at fullback.
Wet, slipperry conditions against a determined hungry & physically dominating defensive line behind a badly beaten foward pack.
The Sharks quality kicking game was more to do with the kickers having plenty of time after winning the play the ball than Bretts positioning.
The last 2 tries had Snakes stamp on them.
When you have your bad game you usually get towelled up by 30+ points so to lose by 3 at 3 tries apiece its not all bad.

Im not really concerned at all about the result.Monday night,wet,10 day turnaround,****house ground-it was an ambush waiting to happen.Add to that the sharks are unlikely to feature at the backend of season.

If the weather is dry, Saturday night will tell us a lot more about how we are travelling against a team on their home patch that will be there at the end of season and who have the wood on us normally.If our depleted side can compete really well against a full strength saints (even if beaten) then we are still on track for a good season. with our roster fully fit all teams fear us-we just have to get two or three wins over the next 4 or 5 weeks to maintain touch with the top 4.

mike walker said:
Wolfpack said:
cf2 is back said:

g'day all,i was at the game too and conditions were ordinary,and ithink the old truism of the wet being a great leveller was reinforced.In saying that the sharks wont play a better first half again this year wet or dry and deserved to win.A couple of things though,if brett catches that pass it may have altered the momentum,no offside penalties against them hard to fathom as the 10 was skinny(both ways)all night and what i thought was odd at the time,they didn't come out and warm up on the field while we were out in the pouring rain doing so.Now whether they went to the back ovals or just stayed in the sheds i dont knowbut they certainly came out firing.Just curious!
I'm fairly certain they have a training facility under the southern stand.

Peter C said:
mike walker said:
Wolfpack said:
cf2 is back said:

I'm fairly certain they have a training facility under the southern stand.
g'day all,i think the facility under the southern stand is a weights room but the change rooms are a pretty decent size.I may be wrong but their players all seemed to be dry when they came out and i remember thinking how much better it was when the first you saw the team was when they ran out to start the game, not having already watched them warming up or maybe im just showing my age.
cheers mike

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4