The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly report - rd 9 2013

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

cf2 is back

Reserve Grader

Player ratings:
Peter Hiku: Superb job filling the big shoes of Brett on a very big occasion. Ran the ball back hard all night with just one mistake under the high ball. A real prospect who can hold his head high.

Read the full article

cf2 is back said:

Player ratings:
Peter Hiku: Superb job filling the big shoes of Brett on a very big occasion. Ran the ball back hard all night with just one mistake under the high ball. A real prospect who can hold his head high.

Read the full article

spot on summary

I really don't get the way we use the bench at all.
Are we trying to save match payments by not playing someone? If we are not going to play people then share the spot around a bit so more players can get a feel for 1st grade atmosphere.

I don't know that Buhrer is the required foil to Ballin. He doesn't strike me as providing a lot of spark out of dummy half. He is pretty much the same style as Ballin in that respect. Buhrer's strengths lay in playing a more wide running role I feel.

Didn't we allegedly have some young hooker a season or two ago that showed some promise ?? Higgins ???

Chip and Chase said:
I don't know that Buhrer is the required foil to Ballin. He doesn't strike me as providing a lot of spark out of dummy half. He is pretty much the same style as Ballin in that respect. Buhrer's strengths lay in playing a more wide running role I feel.

Didn't we allegedly have some young hooker a season or two ago that showed some promise ?? Higgins ???

Agree C&C. I really wanted us to pick up Segyaro for that role. He adds so much energy and ups the tempo in attack and defence when he's on.

I find it VERY hard to differ on anything Cf2 says in his reports, he seems to nail it week in week out.

So I'll say nothing, as it's all been said!

I think ballin's attack suffers because he does 40 or 50 tackles a game. He must be stuffed by the last 20 mins.

cf2 is back said:

Player ratings:

Read the full article

Great read and accurate report as always - well done - after an annoying rather than gutting loss. We had them on toast after The Thug got marched but rather typically went for the low margin play rather than the obvious spread it wide and find them out that way. The combo of Foran and Matai on the left would have delivered a win. Instead we go with crabbing Glenn and no room for Jamie to weave his magic. I know it's easy in the stands but surely 2V would have sent instructions down to the players. Waste of a genuine winning opportunity with the graveyard Storm fixture ahead of us.

I wouldn't have sent off Warringah-Hargreaves. It seemed like a reaction to the previous weeks where the should have been a send off. On report would have been sufficient. And let's face it, we hated losing him (I did), and he's now playing some of the best footy. Tough, yes, but getting smarter.

And the tragedy is a send-off galvinises a team to really focus, so I reckon it helped Easts, not hindered htem, especially since it was for just 10 minutes at the end.

Glenn Stewart grubber was a killer blow, and trying to score off every break and then giving up the ball trying a miracle pass has hurt several times this year, none more than last night.

The boys need a lesson in patience.

But what the f**k do I know?

Honest report cf2 and well done on finding serval paragraphs of "GOOD" to write about. 100% agree about Matt Ballin's attack. Buhrer has no excuse apart from perhaps confusion as to how to play his role but Ballin makes 50 tackles per game for 150 consecutive games now. That's 7500 tackles from a hooker first man in, mostly on big forwards without a break. Is it true that he works as a personal trainer even on game days??

Thanks again for taking the time to write up your great report CF2.
Spot on as usual

manlyfan76 said:
I really don't get the way we use the bench at all.
Are we trying to save match payments by not playing someone? If we are not going to play people then share the spot around a bit so more players can get a feel for 1st grade atmosphere.

Des used to do the same thing, not use all the bench players. I am certain there is a reason for it and my thoughts are, it is for fitness purposes and preparing the forwards for the end of year games.

Des used to do the same thing, not use all the bench players. I am certain there is a reason for it and my thoughts are, it is for fitness purposes and preparing the forwards for the end of year games.
[/quote]

I'm certain there is a reason for it as well. If fitness is the reason, how long should we expect this to go on, taking into account that teams heavily effected by SOO duties suffer for at least a month afterwards? It seems like a highly risky tight-rope act to me, given that there are so many incalculable variables (I think I just answered my own question).

The fact that the club have been discreet regarding this matter might hint at an attempt to conceal a glaring problem with our bench.

Was Chee Kam (Also out injured) expected to play 1st grade at some stage this year?

We roll up our sleeves in defence and now have got to do that in attack
Gifty needs to get his legs back by running straight and hard and leave the edges to others for now.maybe front row is the answer-missing joe big time for that
Killer is now one of the most marked men ikn the game and we have to find a way to make adjustments with possibly cut out passes or ones back in side.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6