The greatest leveller in the NRL

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

What is the greatest leveller in the NRL?

• The Salary Cap

Votes: 9 60.0%
  • The Obstruction Rule

Votes: 3 20.0%
  • Grading and the Judiciary

Votes: 3 20.0%

• Total voters

MadMarcus

Toovey for NRL CEO
Which is the greatest leveller in the NRL?

1. The Salary Cap: This mechanism forces successful clubs to release players they have developed to clubs who have been unwilling or unable to develop their own talent, creating a merry-go-round of players between all teams in the competition.

2. The Obstruction Rule: In recent years this rule has been changed so that nobody understands what it means. This enables referees to allow tries to underperforming teams and disallow tries to performing teams without fear of somebody being able to develop a logical coherent argument as to why the referee got the decision wrong, which is no longer possible because nobody understands the rule.

3. The Grading System and the Judiciary: This system enables the NRL to subjectively "grade" foul play to inflict maximum damage on performing teams and minimum damage on underperforming teams. Special features of this mechanism are:

A. The "early guilty plea". The Match Review Committee uses this feature to encourage players from performing teams to plead guilty to offences they did not commit.

B. "Loading". This enables the judiciary to hand down longer suspensions to the players from performing teams who are targetted by the Match Review Committee.

Which is the greatest leveller in the NRL?

1. The Salary Cap: This mechanism forces successful clubs to release players they have developed to clubs who have been unwilling or unable to develop their own talent, creating a merry-go-round of players between all teams in the competition.

2. The Obstruction Rule: In recent years this rule has been changed so that nobody understands what it means. This enables referees to allow tries to underperforming teams and disallow tries to performing teams without fear of somebody being able to develop a logical coherent argument as to why the referee got the decision wrong, which is no longer possible because nobody understands the rule.

3. The Grading System and the Judiciary: This system enables the NRL to subjectively "grade" foul play to inflict maximum damage on performing teams and minimum damage on underperforming teams. Special features of this mechanism are:

A. The "early guilty plea". The Match Review Committee uses this feature to encourage players from performing teams to plead guilty to offences they did not commit.

B. "Loading". This enables the judiciary to hand down longer suspensions to the players from performing teams who are targetted by the Match Review Committee.

4. Referees. They can influence a game more than any player.
5. Luck. Bounce of the ball/injuries/and bloody Ben Barba!

4. Referees. They can influence a game more than any player.
5. Luck. Bounce of the ball/injuries/and bloody Ben Barba!

T-Rex not charged! Does this rule out option 3 - or did they read this thread and decide not to charge him because I was on to them?

Delusions of having any influence on the NRL Judiciary: CHECK!
Tin foil hat: CHECK!

Sorry guys, in a strange mood today...

T-Rex not charged! Does this rule out option 3 - or did they read this thread and decide not to charge him because I was on to them?

MadMarcus said:

today?? ;)

MadMarcus said:

today?? ;)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4