''The Greatest Team of the Last Decade''

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
From an article about the Storm and Broncos on news.com.au. Tell me, whats wrong with this opening paragraph?

''A SALARY cap probe finishes in mysterious circumstances, Anthony Griffin’s sacking opens the way for the return of the Supercoach, Ben Barba battles, and the greatest team of the last decade falls flat in the finals.''

Please direct all comments to Fox Sports 'journalist' Ben Glover.

We're also not fielding the greatest and/or fittest players from the team of the decade. Take out all our forward grunt Kite ,Joe, Choc, Gift, Beaver, Fa'aoso, Hall, Rose, Bryant. Replaced with average discards from other clubs. Lawrence, Starling, Horo, Lui, Symonds, Hasson, JSL. It's our worst forward roster since the Northern Eagles.

Seeing as all these 'journos' can consider a cheating team as still amazing and the greatest.....I hope all their partners cheat on them and see if they still associate cheating with the words amazing and greatest.

And we wonder why the players at the Storm and officials etc have this arrogant attitude of 'we still won the comp'. Hard to believe when the media still believes they did too.

Pathetic!

There wouldn't be a Storm supporter who doesn't still claim those Premierships, and I bet in years to come the No Real Leadership will sneak their names back into the records.

And most certainly if Greenturd has anything to do with it.

mickqld said:
We're also not fielding the greatest and/or fittest players from the team of the decade. Take out all our forward grunt Kite ,Joe, Choc, Gift, Beaver, Fa'aoso, Hall, Rose, Bryant. Replaced with average discards from other clubs. Lawrence, Starling, Horo, Lui, Symonds, Hasson, JSL. It's our worst forward roster since the Northern Eagles.

Hang on, the Northern Eagles had players like Kosef, Gartner, Menzies, O'Meley, Muir, Nathan Long, Paul Stringer, Josh Stuart and Phil Bailey. I wouldn't mind these forwards for this week!!!

Moops said:
mickqld said:

Hang on, the Northern Eagles had players like Kosef, Gartner, Menzies, O'Meley, Muir, Nathan Long, Paul Stringer, Josh Stuart and Phil Bailey. I wouldn't mind these forwards for this week!!!
O'Meley, Muir, Stringer, Stuart were Bears clowns who didn't want to be there and played accordingly. Kosef was his last season with shot knees, Long should've stayed a loser Shark and Bailey should've been a loser Shark much earlier. Only Gartner and Beaver were worth anything.

mickqld said:
Moops said:
mickqld said:

O'Meley, Muir, Stringer, Stuart were Bears clowns who didn't want to be there and played accordingly. Kosef was his last season with shot knees, Long should've stayed a loser Shark and Bailey should've been a loser Shark much earlier. Only Gartner and Beaver were worth anything.

The little bloke in the 9 went ok

Kiwi Eagle said:
Gartner left in 98 or 99 didn't he ?

He was on the list I checked.

mickqld said:
Moops said:
mickqld said:

I would still take them compared with our foraward pack now...

13 - Nik Kosef
12 - Steve Menzies
11 - Daniel Gartner
10 - Mark O'Meley
9 - Geoff Toovey (c)
8 - Josh Stuart

Muir, Stringer and Bailey as reserve forwards...

In a semi final, I would fancy this pack over our current one.

Kiwi Eagle said:
Gartner left in 98 or 99 didn't he ?

Nah, he threw that ridiculous pass to Andrew King, the juggler, to score against Brisbane at Brookie in the Northern Eagles days.

It was the other way sorry, King to Gartner to score.

Do we really give a **** what someone else thinks? Opinions are opinions were all entitled to.

I stand corrected fellas ! Didn't see a lot of footy in those days and thought he was part of the mass exodus of our golden era of 95-97

Killer03 said:
And we wonder why the players at the Storm and officials etc have this arrogant attitude of 'we still won the comp'. Hard to believe when the media still believes they did too. Pathetic!

I know, that makes my blood boil. I cant cop Melbourne players knowingly cheating in their playing roster, then playing dumb about it, pretending to be the victims in the whole sham. And its more the 'big 5' that were doing that too (I think they were the only ones signing 2 contracts?). Yet the big 5 have their asses kissed by the media and commentators constantly. People conveniently forget they were a part of the biggest rort in rugby league history...

How can we punish them...? O i know, lets make Smith and Inglis immortals when they finish playing!

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4