The green stick

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

silvertail

Reserve Grader
The Test No.7 underwent scans in Brisbane on Thursday and met knee surgeon Dr Peter Myers to be diagnosed with a grade two medial ligament tear and bone bruising.

Geez, I have had the same injury (twice). Hurts like hell when it first happens but I can't understand why he needed to suck on the green stick. The high pain level for that type of an injury subsides well within 2 minutes.

He probably didnt prescribe it himself, as I am pretty sure he is not a qualified MD.

My guess is the QLD doctor would of supplied it.

Q. What do we do when a doctor tells us to do something??
A. 99% of the time it would be in our best interest to follow their instructions.

I thought the same silvertail. For a paramedic to give him methoxyflurane he would have had to be in considerable pain.

Having also had a similar injury I can confirm it hurts like hell but come on, it's not that bad. Neck up Thurston.

I tore my ACL and walked into the Fisho's about 45 mins later.

On a side note, i had a giggle when they wheeled him out at the end of the game and he was still sucking on it. Considering they only last for about 30 mins it's very possible it was for the crowds benefit. What a dickhead!

To be fair at the time they had no idea what he had, whether it was a break or more. Once you have some of the green stick you keep on using it until it runs out, because everytime you stop some of the pain comes back.

Seriously, why the hell are you picking apart a guy for managing some pain, it's threads like this that are the reason women trash journos have been able to come into the game and start a social column on it

f*ck me....
seems we can find any excuse to have a whinge these days...?

isn't there a forum for this?

Because having had that injury, i know it's not that bad. It hurts like hell when you first do it but it goes away. Maybe his was 1 of a kind or maybe he was playing up to the crowd?

Did you have bone bruising etc?
Everyone feels pain differently and every injury has a differing amount of pain associated with it.

If the doctor tells him to suck on that then so be it.

Only a bunch of skirts would start a gossip thread on a guy with an injury. Why don't you stick to reading the Tele confidential pages?

Daniel said:
Everyone feels pain differently and every injury has a differing amount of pain associated with it.

Only a bunch of skirts would start a gossip thread on a guy with an injury. Why don't you stick to reading the Tele confidential pages?

I am very grateful the pilot of this ship has more commonsense than most here.

Daniel said:

Where's the gossip mate? All i said is that it looked to me (because i have experience in this subject) that he was doing it for the crowd.

This was not put forward as fact, only opinion.

This is a forum site which you own yes? Most topics discussed on here would be classed as gossip as few people on here would have any idea what they are talking about.

Daniel said:
To be fair at the time they had no idea what he had, whether it was a break or more. Once you have some of the green stick you keep on using it until it runs out, because everytime you stop some of the pain comes back.

Seriously, why the hell are you picking apart a guy for managing some pain, it's threads like this that are the reason women trash journos have been able to come into the game and start a social column on it

I'm just surprised that it was given to him.

Let's be honest, we'd all take as many of those things as we could if the offer was on the table.

Wolfpack said:
Daniel said:

I'm just surprised that it was given to him.

Let's be honest, we'd all take as many of those things as we could if the offer was on the table.

You aren't suggesting what I think you are, are you?

How are they to know his injury wasn't that bad.

When you saw that on the screen, what did you think?

Don't forget that it isn't just a medial ligament its bruising on the bone, and i can tell you that does hurt.

I have broken plenty of bones in my time, some hurt more than others, it just really depends on the person, and when.

I really don't like the undertone in this thread and the suggestion that is being made, how can you tell what one persons pain threshold is over yours? they all differ.

They give those pens out for all sorts of things minor and major.

It looked awful, that's for sure but I'm just saying that I'm surprised they gave him the whistle, especially given what has been seen in regards to first aid so far this year.

Brookie said:
f*ck me....
seems we can find any excuse to have a whinge these days...?

isn't there a forum for this?

Good idea Brookie and that's exactly where it's going

Ha ha. Sweep it under the rug. Put it in the forum no one reads! :)

What i'm saying is generally that drug is used to numb pain before seeking further medical attention. Not so you can be wheeled out like a hero in front of your redneck crowd at the end of the game. If he was that bad he would have been in an ambulance or at the hospital already.

Fonz said:
Ha ha. Sweep it under the rug. Put it in the forum no one reads! :)

What i'm saying is generally that drug is used to numb pain before seeking further medical attention. Not so you can be wheeled out like a hero in front of your redneck crowd at the end of the game. If he was that bad he would have been in an ambulance or at the hospital already.

Not true, they generally don't do scans on those things until the next day, what would be the point in sending him to lay in a bed when there are perfectly capable doctors there to assist him. Give the guy a break! He has been great this year, both in the way he has played and his attitude towards the game and it's fans.

Who said anything about scans? Generally if you are in that much pain that you need the green whistle it's cause you need urgent medical attention. The last time i saw one given was when a team mate dislocated his pelvis and couldn't move.

So what are you saying? He was treated with a method usually reserved for severe pain but then he was ok to be wheeled around after the game and then sent home with some panadol rapid and told to go to bed?

We a have a genuine candidate for "The most Inane Thread Ever" right here.

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe
Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8