The Haas Debacle

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

maxta

First Grader
Premium Member
Is the $50,000 plus 3 game suspension suffucient for this bloke ?
Set's standards for future players threatening and throwing their size around.

Is the $50,000 plus 3 game suspension suffucient for this bloke ?
Set's standards for future players threatening and throwing their size around.
To be honest, that is harsher than what I thought they would hand down and I reckon it is sufficient. But when you think that Pearce got fined $125k and an 8 week suspension for his pooch play, albeit off the back of other off-field indiscretions, you'd have to say Haas is lucky. He won't be so lucky next time though, that much is guaranteed.

I think that is light on in terms of suspension ,I would have thought 6 weeks minimum for what a 123 kg , 6 foot 5 pissed idiot threateningly and menacingly said to a couple of female police officers .The 50k fine was more than I thought he'd get but fair enough ,but given the offence and his precedents he would be clicking his heels at 3 weeks .
I hate to get political but I wonder if that was another team except for the Scum or Rorters what the punishment would have been ?

I assume he may have still been on some sort of suspended sentence for failing to cooperate at his last integrity unit hearing. Hence the severity, and rightly so.

OIP.lmKSThMpytVvgqB-ljn1igAAAA

Oh, the Payne!

Should be banned for the whole year. And fined half his wage at least. Luckily for him he didn't punch the police officers. Else banned for life.

Sounds about right to me considering no conviction recorded.

On the subject, what about Naden getting a 5k fine and no games for the same offence that saw Wendell Sailor sidelined for 2 years?
Yeah I find that one baffling. I can understand (I think) WADA's new approach, but the $5k fine is essentially condoning the taking of illicit substances, on the eve of the GF no less. The NRL may have been caught on the hop with this one, but I reckon they should have a mandatory suspension for a positive test result for cocaine. 6 weeks would be about right.

See they wheeled out the same old line in the media over the weekend........ we are going to come down hard to stop all these off-field indiscretions blah blah blah. Sorry Mr V’Landys but we are sick of hearing you and your predecessors talk the talk but never do anything about it. Many young players wouldn’t hesitate to step over the line in the sand because they know the penalties for doing so will be pretty minimal. Just do it Peter

Even more recently, Ben Barba was suspended for 12 games for the same thing.
For Barba it was a second strike and the ban resulted from inhouse testing and reporting.

But only a $5k fine.... Seriously. I really like Nadan - he is great to watch - but surely he brought the game into disrepute and some time on the sideline is warranted.

Even more recently, Ben Barba was suspended for 12 games for the same thing.

The only reason he got 12 games was because he was a repeat offender, the reason he is a repeat offender is because he got let off lightly for all his previous offences. The nrl & clubs go out of their way to enable these guys, totalling ridiculous

I don't know if the rules have changed but I read it's the maximum the NRL can hand down now?!

For Barba it was a second strike and the ban resulted from inhouse testing and reporting.

But only a $5k fine.... Seriously. I really like Nadan - he is great to watch - but surely he brought the game into disrepute and some time on the sideline is warranted.

Ah right yes of course, it wasn't his first rodeo!

Re: Naden - he went into rehab preemptively for an "alcohol problem" straight after the test was administered so apparently that went in his favour when considering his punishment.

Fine is enough however suspension should be at least 6 games (25% of the season).

As for Naden, I'm shocked he's allowed to play this season. In fact, if Penrith had any morals, they'd bring in their own suspensions. which is what I would expect our club to do if it was one of our players.

Fine is enough however suspension should be at least 6 games (25% of the season).

As for Naden, I'm shocked he's allowed to play this season. In fact, if Penrith had any morals, they'd bring in their own suspensions. which is what I would expect our club to do if it was one of our players.
100% Given the timing of Nadens offence (night before GF) he showed a complete lack of respect for Club, Coaching staff and Teammates. If it happened at manly I'd hope the player was shown the door.

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
5 4 1 23 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 14 8
7 4 3 -18 8
6 3 2 21 7
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6
6 3 3 16 6