The Hoppa - Parra deal

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

The Who

Journey Man
Just wondering if, with all the innuendo surrounding the dealings of Osborne, it throws into doubt the incredible deal Parra has reportedly offered Hoppa?
I believe it to be the most ludicrous deal from a club's perspective that I've ever heard of, and perhaps it is part of the investigation of Osborne that may lead to his sacking.
I can't believe a club would sign anyone for $850,000 a season, and have to wait two years until they can play him.
Any thoughts?

You can't blame Hoppa for leaving for that money, incredible really given his age and given the two years away from the game.

I reckon had the reverse been the case that we'd be almost demanding the new COO's head on a platter!!

He is getting Hindmarshs & Fui's money from 2014.

Hope he makes as many tackles and hitups for the same money.

Parra fans seem happy and are dreaming its not as bad as it looks.
They will be spending more on Hoppa, Hayne and Sandow then Storm are spending on Smith, Slater and Cronk.
But some Parra fans think they are better off with those 3 lololololololo

I believe Osborne has also personally guaranteed to do Hoppas grocery shopping for him every week. Schubert will never be able to trace that under the salary cap because no money will actually change hands.

Mark from Brisbane said:
You can't blame Hoppa for leaving for that money, incredible really given his age and given the two years away from the game.

No, it's an incredible deal for Hoppa. Anyone would take that. But it seems too good to be true.

Do you think Parra would be paying Hoppa/his family anything over the next two years? After all, Hoppa Snr keeps crying poor about having a lot of mouths to feed. If the money doesn't start until season 2014 what are the poor Hoppas going to live on?

MadMarcus said:
mickyj said:
They will be spending more on Hoppa, Hayne and Sandow then Storm are spending on Smith, Slater and Cronk.

That sure puts it in perspective...

funny how these teams are all trying to get their own "big three" based on melbourne's success, yet all that success was when they were cheating. and we've see, what happens when that "big three" aren't all together.

i hope manly sticks with the way they've built a team over the years, no real buying of superstars in set spots, but constant building / putting faith in what already have and winding up with a whole team of stars. im sure it helps with general team harmony too having a team growing together rather than plugging a hole with someone you've paid overs for who is getting more than the others but doing the same job.

If it falls thru I expect the dogs will be on the phone real quick, can't see that **** manager of his pointing him back our way

Chip and Chase said:
I believe Osborne has also personally guaranteed to do Hoppas grocery shopping for him every week. Schubert will never be able to trace that under the salary cap because no money will actually change hands.

Osborne doesn't pay for his groceries anyway as he just walks out of the shop without paying.

tookey said:
Chip and Chase said:

Osborne doesn't pay for his groceries anyway as he just walks out of the shop without paying.

My point exactly.

Chip and Chase said:
tookey said:
Chip and Chase said:

My point exactly.
All these new allegations are just a ruse to cover up Grocerygate.

Players and clubs beware. The Manly curse is alive and well.

If that's what happens to Parra for taking Hoppa, l can't wait to see what God has in store for the Bulldogs for taking the great Des.

Hopefully Greenburg will be caught stealing millions of dollars from the club and will go to jail. The Dogs will then be forced to sell the Leagues club to cover the losses and relocate to Afghanistan.

You heard it here first.

Hope it all falls in a heap for them. John Hopoate owed the club after we took him on when he was a bad joke. I think William would have stayed if he did'nt have his old man in his ear putting pressure on him.

MadMarcus said:
Players and clubs beware. The Manly curse is alive and well.

If that's what happens to Parra for taking Hoppa, l can't wait to see what God has in store for the Bulldogs for taking the great Des.

Hopefully Greenburg will be caught stealing millions of dollars from the club and will go to jail. The Dogs will then be forced to sell the Leagues club to cover the losses and relocate to Afghanistan.

You heard it here first.

Why do they call you mad, MadMarcus :p Your rational scenario has me rolling on the floor! Thanks for the chuckle.
Although, you forgot the Blood Money they have to pay Manly for raping and pillaging our Premiership Week.

My tip is, Will gives up on celibacy (out of Big Hoppa's sight, Jesus forgives all :angel:) and his speed will be a myth :D

Mr Hoppa Snr is hardly into celibacy - he has a zillion kids. Jesus will hardly forgive the Mormons - he is only one of the Saints according to their wacky beliefs and Hoppa will have his finger in a 'pie', in one way or the other.

Yesterday's hero.

He has to worship at the place of Joseph smith's golden statue.I think they call the money they give up tithing (or something like that).Went for a tour of the place when I was in SLC a few years ago.He'll be a big hit if he gives up his supposed 750K+ to his religion.

ayjay007 said:
I think they call the money they give up tithing (or something like that).He'll be a big hit if he gives up his supposed 750K+ to his religion.

Tithing - ti = ten
Tithing is giving 10% to the religion so $75,000 is not a bad donation.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
5 4 1 23 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 14 8
7 4 3 -18 8
6 3 2 21 7
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6